Okla. Schools Boss Ryan Walters Goes Around the Bend With New Conspiracy Theory

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
How odd...the Head of the Oklahoma school system is a blithering conspiracy purveyor...BTW..Oklahoma is 47th in the nation in education~

MSN

A Chinese-made Graco car seat is visible behind Oklahoma Superintendent for Public Instruction Ryan Walters as he sits in his vehicle, going full-out nuts in a video he would then post on X (formerly Twitter.)
“Good afternoon, Oklahomans, I’ve been looking more and more into what’s going on at Tulsa Public Schools, and it’s just been unbelievable to find out that they’re one of the only schools in the country taking money from the Chinese government,” he says in the Aug. 3 post first reported by Tulsa World and the Oklahoman.
Walters looks and sounds like a right-wing zealot as he alleges that the Tulsa Public Schools is accepting money intended to sabotage America.
“You have communist China that is giving money to Tulsa public schools in order to try to undermine our United States government, our country,” Walters continues. “It’s unbelievable.”
One reason it may be unbelievable is the fact that it does not appear to be true. The Tulsa Public Schools did have one high school teacher, Lin Tao, of Booker T. Washington High School, attend a professional development program at the International Leadership of Texas. The Texas entity partners with Confucius Classroom, which is linked to the Chinese Ministry of Education. But Tulsa Public Schools pays Tao’s salary. Not so much as a yuan comes from China.

“Tulsa Public Schools does not receive money from the Chinese government, as Oklahoma State Superintendent Walters has alleged without evidence,” the Tulsa Public Schools said in a statement to The Daily Beast on Monday.
And in recent days, Walters has been talking about stripping the entire Tulsa School system of its accreditation, at least ostensibly due to poor academic performance, but also because it perpetuates “radical left ideology.”
Walters has in the past described teachers unions as “terrorist organizations.” but he is the one who is scaring teachers across Oklahoma. Jamie Lee, a U.S. government and history teacher in the Tulsa suburb of Bixby, told The Daily Beast that she and her colleagues are required by state law to cover the Tulsa Race Massacre and the Holocaust, but are also required to do so without talking about race or making the subject matter controversial. And they know that their ultimate judge is Walters, who caused a stir last month by insisting that the Tulsa Race Massacre was not about race.

Undermining our education system would be a good move for the Chinese, who want to replace us as the worlds #1 superpower. That's why I'm inclined to believe the head of the Oklahoma school system.
As conservatives continually rob the education system of funds and tear down the teaching profession you should worry about your own people. They would rather schools produce under educated narrow minded republicans than a well rounded highly educated liberal.

As conservatives continually rob the education system of funds and tear down the teaching profession you should worry about your own people. They would rather schools produce under educated narrow minded republicans than a well rounded highly educated liberal.

Interesting.

Are there no narrow minded under educated liberals?

Undermining our education system would be a good move for the Chinese, who want to replace us as the worlds #1 superpower. That's why I'm inclined to believe the head of the Oklahoma school system.

They don't need the school systems to do that. They just need business and the debt and they already have that.

Perhaps but it's not the desired end result of an education. Conservatives don't seem to mind if their kids end up stupid.

I'm a public school teacher who has no problem saying this: I have had more enlightened, informed conservations with the working men who come through our home for various reasons through the years than I have had with many college graduates.

It's not that we don't value education. It's that we don't see, for one, our "institutes of higher learning" as offering very much in terms of said education. Same can sadly be said of K-12 education in too many places.

I'm a public school teacher who has no problem saying this: I have had more enlightened, informed conservations with the working men who come through our home for various reasons through the years than I have had with many college graduates.

It's not that we don't value education. It's that we don't see, for one, our "institutes of higher learning" as offering very much in terms of said education. Same can sadly be said of K-12 education in too many places.

Sure, doctors, lawyers, engineers, teachers etc should all just learn on the job.

How odd...the Head of the Oklahoma school system is a blithering conspiracy purveyor...BTW..Oklahoma is 47th in the nation in education~

MSN

A Chinese-made Graco car seat is visible behind Oklahoma Superintendent for Public Instruction Ryan Walters as he sits in his vehicle, going full-out nuts in a video he would then post on X (formerly Twitter.)
“Good afternoon, Oklahomans, I’ve been looking more and more into what’s going on at Tulsa Public Schools, and it’s just been unbelievable to find out that they’re one of the only schools in the country taking money from the Chinese government,” he says in the Aug. 3 post first reported by Tulsa World and the Oklahoman.
Walters looks and sounds like a right-wing zealot as he alleges that the Tulsa Public Schools is accepting money intended to sabotage America.
“You have communist China that is giving money to Tulsa public schools in order to try to undermine our United States government, our country,” Walters continues. “It’s unbelievable.”
One reason it may be unbelievable is the fact that it does not appear to be true. The Tulsa Public Schools did have one high school teacher, Lin Tao, of Booker T. Washington High School, attend a professional development program at the International Leadership of Texas. The Texas entity partners with Confucius Classroom, which is linked to the Chinese Ministry of Education. But Tulsa Public Schools pays Tao’s salary. Not so much as a yuan comes from China.

“Tulsa Public Schools does not receive money from the Chinese government, as Oklahoma State Superintendent Walters has alleged without evidence,” the Tulsa Public Schools said in a statement to The Daily Beast on Monday.
And in recent days, Walters has been talking about stripping the entire Tulsa School system of its accreditation, at least ostensibly due to poor academic performance, but also because it perpetuates “radical left ideology.”
Walters has in the past described teachers unions as “terrorist organizations.” but he is the one who is scaring teachers across Oklahoma. Jamie Lee, a U.S. government and history teacher in the Tulsa suburb of Bixby, told The Daily Beast that she and her colleagues are required by state law to cover the Tulsa Race Massacre and the Holocaust, but are also required to do so without talking about race or making the subject matter controversial. And they know that their ultimate judge is Walters, who caused a stir last month by insisting that the Tulsa Race Massacre was not about race.

OMG he's a regular Marjorie Taylor Greene.

...........!?!?!?!?!

And they mostly do?

Residency, internships, student teaching?

My daughter is becoming a teacher. No, most of her education is NOT from student teaching and you can not become a doctor before learning a whole lot of stuff before ever laying a hand on a person.

My daughter is becoming a teacher. No, most of her education is NOT from student teaching and you can not become a doctor before learning a whole lot of stuff before ever laying a hand on a person.

Trust me: all that stuff she learned sitting in a chair is going to be worth a palmful of spit compared to what she will learn student teaching and on the job. I'm a 30 year teacher and, though many wouldn't believe it here, am published and highly effective. Our teacher education system is not great. Okay, not great.

conservatives continually rob the education system of funds

Complete bullshit.

Public education is a monopoly for the poor, and it steals more money than it puts into schools. Democrat politicians get kickbacks.

The solution is school vouchers, competition for the failed monopoly.

Forum List

Back