Taking Well-Meaning Pro Life Efforts Too Far

theim said:
now you're not even making sense. I honestly can't follow your logic path here. You seem to be saying that since I questioned your statement that rape babies should not exist, God says its OK to rape someone as long sa they get pregnant. wtf.

I know what he meant, and what you're thinking isn't it..

He said that life was never supposed to happen... You said "how do you know?" - That implied that if you believe in God, that rape *was* supposed to happen, and that woman *was* supposed to get pregnant.. If she hadn't been raped, she wouldn't have gotten pregnant.

Shattered said:

He said that life was never supposed to happen... You said "how do you know?" - That implied that if you believe in God, that rape *was* supposed to happen, and that woman *was* supposed to get pregnant.. If she hadn't been raped, she wouldn't have gotten pregnant.

There is quite a discrepancy between what you are saying and claiming that God thinks it is A OK to rape a woman as long as you impregnate her. My point is that no human should ever decide which humans should or should not exist.

theim said:
There is quite a discrepancy between what you are saying and claiming that God thinks it is A OK to rape a woman as long as you impregnate her. My point is that no human should ever decide which humans should or should not exist.

You're making that decision for someone else when you tell them they must carry to term. MY entire point is they should be making that decision for themselves. 24 hours after a rape, you're NOT dealing with a PERSON. Why can't you get that through your head?

Shattered said:
You're making that decision for someone else when you tell them they must carry to term. MY entire point is they should be making that decision for themselves. 24 hours after a rape, you're NOT dealing with a PERSON. Why can't you get that through your head?

Why can't you get this through your head: Left to its own devices and free from chemical interference, that "clump of cells" WILL become a human being. Now as for my statement which you so kindly highlighted, that no human should decide which other human should or should not exist, would it not be wise to err on the side of life? MY entire point is that people should not be able to decide which people deserve to live. That will put the future of our freedom at risk. It is amazing that you fail to see this.

theim said:
Why can't you get this through your head: Left to its own devices and free from chemical interference, that "clump of cells" WILL become a human being. Now as for my statement which you so kindly highlighted, that no human should decide which other human should or should not exist, would it not be wise to err on the side of life? MY entire point is that people should not be able to decide which people deserve to live. That will put the future of our freedom at risk. It is amazing that you fail to see this.

Do you not see that we have more than enough UNWANTED children in this world? Why don't you adopt a few of them, before you force someone to bring a child of rape in to this world. That clump of cells may, or may NOT become a human being - there's no way to tell, unless you wait it out for a good month. The morning after pill, when used in this manner (and ONLY this manner) is no different than standard birth control.

Shattered said:
Do you not see that we have more than enough UNWANTED children in this world?

OHHHHHHH I'm sorry, I see it now. Overpopulation and all that. A perfect reason to end potential human lives. Damn kids, what the hell do they think they are doing, you know....existing and...living and all that. They will just eat food and consume Earth's rescources faster! Those kids that were the children of rape victims. We should just take them aside, tell them that they should never have existed in the first place, then restore the natural order by smothering the chemical pillow over their faces. It wouldn't really matter. They are unwanted, no one loves them. They weren't even supposed to be alive in the first place, had the crime not taken place.

theim said:
OHHHHHHH I'm sorry, I see it now. Overpopulation and all that. A perfect reason to end potential human lives. Damn kids, what the hell do they think they are doing, you know....existing and...living and all that. They will just eat food and consume Earth's rescources faster! Those kids that were the children of rape victims. We should just take them aside, tell them that they should never have existed in the first place, then restore the natural order by smothering the chemical pillow over their faces. It wouldn't really matter. They are unwanted, no one loves them. They weren't even supposed to be alive in the first place, had the crime not taken place.

Fact is, you can't deny that 24 hours after a rape, the morning after pill is no different than another form of birth control - it stops a pregnancy from happening - it doesn't end one, and it's not considered abortion. So instead, you choose to go off on a completely unrelated tangent, and ignore the major point of my post.

Shattered said:
Fact is, you can't deny that 24 hours after a rape, the morning after pill is no different than another form of birth control - it stops a pregnancy from happening - it doesn't end one, and it's not considered abortion. So instead, you choose to go off on a completely unrelated tangent, and ignore the major point of my post.

My point is that using chemical means to interrupt the natural human process of creating life is not natural or right. The fact is that if you take "the pill" it interferes with this process with the intent of preventing life to develop. Call me what you will. A religious nut or whatever. My example in my previous post is not unrelated, because what I see in this country and around the word is -- and I hate to use this cliche -- the "culture of death" marching onward. Euthanasia, abortion (I KNOW), etc. All devalue human life as something that can be thrown aside for convenience and feelings. No longer is human life sacred.

theim said:
My point is that using chemical means to interrupt the natural human process of creating life is not natural or right. The fact is that if you take "the pill" it interferes with this process with the intent of preventing life to develop. Call me what you will. A religious nut or whatever. My example in my previous post is not unrelated, because what I see in this country and around the word is -- and I hate to use this cliche -- the "culture of death" marching onward. Euthanasia, abortion (I KNOW), etc. All devalue human life as something that can be thrown aside for convenience and feelings. No longer is human life sacred.

So you won't allow your wife, or daughters to use birth control either???

My, you're a pompous ass.

But I tire of this. I have made each of my points at least twice, you have done the same. Obviously neither is going to change the other's mind. Would you beleive I got on this comuter and hour and a half ago with the intent of crushing a barbarian uprising in Gaul? I just haaaad to check this stupid board. Damn. Perhaps we will continue tomorrow.

Shattered said:
So you won't allow your wife, or daughters to use birth control either???

My, you're a pompous ass.

As I said, call me what you will. But my view is hardly an abnormality, as it is also endorsed by millions of people and a major world religion.

"Culture of death"

You should read history and really understand what this means. The pagans of Britannia killed women/children at will when they attacked. I could go on, but the point is: to allow a supposed life form to stop from being born, due to horrible consequences, is not a "culture of death." One must truly understand the import of your statement before we accept it as lingo.

theim said:
now you're not even making sense. I honestly can't follow your logic path here. You seem to be saying that since I questioned your statement that rape babies should not exist, God says its OK to rape someone as long sa they get pregnant. wtf.

EDIT: Thought about it for a few more minutes, got a tenous link. My point is what the hell position are you in to decide who should be alive? That is the kind of thinking that leads to situations in books like "The Giver" and "1984". People decide which other people are "worthy" of being alive. I sure hope you don't hold an elected office.

im not saying who should live or die, im jsut saying that a rape baby was a life that wasnt meant to be

Shattered said:

well at least someone knew what i was trying to get across

Mr. P said:
I sure am glad some of these folks haven't been able to gain access to my bedroom....YET..But their working on it. :rolleyes:
well if oyu have enough money.... :teeth:

Forum List

Back