Taking Well-Meaning Pro Life Efforts Too Far

Gem said:
Johnney Wrote:

so you would kill an innocent person because his or her father is a criminal?

What person are you killing? You're stopping a pregnancy from even happening to begin with.. You don't even have any idea if you're pregnant at that point. This is less than 24 hours after a rape.

You're assuming this "person" wants to go through life knowing their father is a rapist, and their mother was forced to keep them.

Or, are you going to lie to this child?

Shattered said:
What person are you killing? You're stopping a pregnancy from even happening to begin with.. You don't even have any idea if you're pregnant at that point. This is less than 24 hours after a rape.

You're assuming this "person" wants to go through life knowing their father is a rapist, and their mother was forced to keep them.

Or, are you going to lie to this child?

You're right. I'm sure they would rather die. And nice job putting the word person in quotations, as if to say you don't believe it is a human at all. How very Orwellian of you.

Shattered Wrote:
You're assuming this "person" wants to go through life knowing their father is a rapist, and their mother was forced to keep them

You are actually going to attempt to argue that a person would rather be aborted than have to eventually deal with the knowledge that they were conceived in rape?

I'm sorry, but that is laughable.

Let's say your mom gives you a phone call tomorrow, she can't stand living a lie any longer...you were conceived because she was raped...you're father, a decent man, decided to raise you as his own and never speak of it to you.

What are you going to do? Cry a bit, maybe seek some therapy? Or go grab a gun and end your life because its just too icky to think about?

In the statement above you have acknowledge that the fetus in question is a "person" who would or would not make certain choices. To imply that a person, if able to choose, would choose to be sucked and scraped to death rather than deal with a painful part of their life is ridiculous.

Gem said:
Johnney Wrote:

so you would kill an innocent person because his or her father is a criminal?
if it were me, yes. it was a life that was never supposed to have happened in the first place

Gem said:
Shattered Wrote:

You are actually going to attempt to argue that a person would rather be aborted than have to eventually deal with the knowledge that they were conceived in rape?

I'm sorry, but that is laughable.

Let's say your mom gives you a phone call tomorrow, she can't stand living a lie any longer...you were conceived because she was raped...you're father, a decent man, decided to raise you as his own and never speak of it to you.

What are you going to do? Cry a bit, maybe seek some therapy? Or go grab a gun and end your life because its just too icky to think about?

In the statement above you have acknowledge that the fetus in question is a "person" who would or would not make certain choices. To imply that a person, if able to choose, would choose to be sucked and scraped to death rather than deal with a painful part of their life is ridiculous.

Are you reading? Sucked and scraped to death? HELLO. We're talking about a pill you take the day after you're raped that stops you from conceiving. It's not a fetus. It's not a person. Where are you getting sucked and scraped? Follow along please.

Johnney said:
if it were me, yes. it was a life that was never supposed to have happened in the first place

Now that is extreme to say. Tell that to my friend who was raped and has a beautiful daughter who she loves more than her own life.

The Pill prevents conception, according to most hardline pro-life folks, life begins at conception if conception is prevented then no one is being killed.

Bonnie said:
Now that is extreme to say. Tell that to my friend who was raped and has a beautiful daughter who she loves more than her own life.
hows that?
you tell me, if a woman was raped and that act produced a child, how was this life supposed to have been in the first place? did these people have some type of affair? did they plan it before the incident took place?
the life wasnt supposed to be.
if she kept it, then that was her decision.

Johnney said:
hows that?
you tell me, if a woman was raped and that act produced a child, how was this life supposed to have been in the first place? did these people have some type of affair? did they plan it before the incident took place?
the life wasnt supposed to be.
if she kept it, then that was her decision.

Who the hell are you to say it was a life that was "never supposed to happen"? Are you the second frickn' coming of Christ? Do you hold the reigns over the ways of the universe?

theim said:
Who the hell are you to say it was a life that was "never supposed to happen"? Are you the second frickn' coming of Christ? Do you hold the reigns over the ways of the universe?
so how was it supposed to be? let me in on your little world. yes pregnancies happen unplanned all the time.
are you telling me your god says it alright to procreate even if your "partner" is unwilling and you force it on them?
get over it, a rape baby isnt a life that was suppsoed to happen unless the victim wants to keep it.

Johnney said:
are you telling me your god says it alright to procreate even if your "partner" is unwilling and you force it on them?

Where the F**** did I say that?

Johnney said:
get over it, a rape baby isnt a life that was suppsoed to happen unless the victim wants to keep it.

You are sick.

theim said:
And I am the one being called inhuman. Sheesh.
its jsut a lable youve been stuck with. jsut like your sticking me with it.
i could care less what your bleeding heart tree hugging thoughts on the subject are. just as you could care less about mine. you dont make my decisions and i dont make yours. im not going to change your mind and your not going to change mine.
this horse is dead. weve beat it to death in i dont know how many threads now and it ends up being the same people onthe same sides. be it mercy killing, assisted suicide, or abortion

theim said:
Where the F**** did I say that?
right there. you asked me if i was the second coming of christ because of what i replied.
that leads me to believe your god says its alright to rape as long as someone gets pregnant.

deaddude said:
The Pill prevents conception, according to most hardline pro-life folks, life begins at conception if conception is prevented then no one is being killed.

DING! DING! DING!

Johnney said:
right there. you asked me if i was the second coming of christ because of what i replied.
that leads me to believe your god says its alright to rape as long as someone gets pregnant.

now you're not even making sense. I honestly can't follow your logic path here. You seem to be saying that since I questioned your statement that rape babies should not exist, God says its OK to rape someone as long sa they get pregnant. wtf.

EDIT: Thought about it for a few more minutes, got a tenous link. My point is what the hell position are you in to decide who should be alive? That is the kind of thinking that leads to situations in books like "The Giver" and "1984". People decide which other people are "worthy" of being alive. I sure hope you don't hold an elected office.

Forum List

Back