Survivor. Are you watching?

Dang, I should have checked this thread days ago, but my computer time has been at a premium so I'm way behind.

As for your question, here's my theory: Brandon was trying to get the two female buddies, Kristine and I forget her BFF's name, to vote for Mikala because he knew that if he got three votes for Mikala, there would be a tie and a good chance she would be voted out with the tiebreaker.

However, his scheme blew up in his face when the two women announced that they had been approached to vote for Mikala, but denied they ever planned to do so. As soon as they did that, Brandon saw his 3 votes go bye-bye, so he squirmed out of it by pretending he was just "playing the game" basically to test the waters and see how they were going to vote. Then he had to vote Kristine or Coach would realize he was trying to go against him.

Brandon is a perv who cannot control his sexual thoughts about this poor woman, Mikala, and blames her for tempting him, a married man. Listen to the guy next week while he's whining about poor little him, being led astray by evil, apple-eating Mikala. The dude is certifiable!

Your theory is as good as anybodys. We'll see if he is gunning for Mikayla this week though, but the group seems to think she is the strongest of the women at challenges so he could easily be foiled again. On the other hand, if she now knows he is gunning for her, she may organize a pretty good target on HIS back. :)

(Every season has its provocative or really off-the-wall character though. Last season it was Phillip. They make for too good television and add interest so sometimes I think it is rigged to keep them in it as long as possible.)

Remember Coach likes Mikayla, so if she says something to him about getting brandon off, then I think he is gone.

Now, Phillip...wow. That "former federal agent" was uh, interesting to say the least.

Now that Unamerican comment you made about this show possibly being rigged. For the love of God, please do not say that again....lol

Okay. In my defense, it does seem the more interesting characters do stick around much longer than seems probable if that were purely by chance. And do you think it pure coincidence that we have Russell's nephew this season?

But in your defense, Russell did make a hasty exit last season which sort of blows my theory. And too many seasons have seen somebody other than everybody's favorite win at the end. At any rate it is entertainment at its best if you enjoy that kind of show. :)

I think some of the wackiest players stay on naturally because the smarter players see strategic benefit in keeping a more hated player around, diminishing the size of the target on their own backs.

(But I believe the producers carefully stack the deck in advance to ensure some wackiness.)

Last edited:
I think some of the wackiest players stay on naturally because the smarter players see strategic benefit of keeping a more hated player around, diminishing the size of the target on their own backs.

That is exactly why Rob kept the former ferderal agent around. Actrually he even knew he would go to the end because he knew everyone thought he was a nut. He said he would be able to change everyone's mind at the end but he didn't of course. Phillip was fun. (and crazy)

coach is creepy....hell they all are.......i would be more impressed if it took place somewhere cold

I agree...how about Wasilla, AK.:lol: Seriously though, for a long time I've thought it would be neat to see them go to a place like Canada, but not in the middle of winter. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the beach scenery, but would enjoy seeing something different.

Russell got bounced early last time because nobody trusted him and he was a little. . .well. . .offputting? (i.e. repulsive.) I think as the other team started systemacally started picking his team off one by one they might have regretted giving up all that experience, but nobody ever admitted it if they did. But he had a bad rep coming in while Boston Rob was well liked and his team did trust him.

Zona really doesn't like Rob, but I imagine I am not the only female fan who found Rob pretty pleasant to look at. :)

This year Coach is already emerging as the most compelling character, but I honestly don't have any kind of feel for the strategy this year yet.

What a bunch of boring crybabies. This season is shaping up to be one of the worst. If people don't start playing a strategic game soon and mix it up I may tune out.

Russell got bounced early last time because nobody trusted him and he was a little. . .well. . .offputting? (i.e. repulsive.) I think as the other team started systemacally started picking his team off one by one they might have regretted giving up all that experience, but nobody ever admitted it if they did. But he had a bad rep coming in while Boston Rob was well liked and his team did trust him.

Zona really doesn't like Rob, but I imagine I am not the only female fan who found Rob pretty pleasant to look at. :)

This year Coach is already emerging as the most compelling character, but I honestly don't have any kind of feel for the strategy this year yet.

I always liked Rob and it bugs me how people love to hate him. :thup:

Boston accents are SO hot!!:redface:

I only started not liking Rob last season when every single show last year was them bowing down to him. He told them when to eat literally and that was sickening to me. Before that season, I really didnt pay much mind to him, but I look in as an outsider now and realized how many times they had him on. Didnt he also do amazing race? and now he has another reality show he is doing. Eh.

Be careful with Coach. He will pull his warrior crap eventually. I have to admit, like I said before, if this was your first season watching, Coach seems really good. He really does. I am impressed how he is keeping his nuttiness at bay. Maybe its because he is dealing with a genuine nut, Brandon. :)

Great show tonight. Great show.

(ps...You just reminded me of the group that voted off Russell. They did sort of lose a lot after they got rid of him, but they never admitted that was the reason.)

Boston accents are SO hot!!:redface:

I lived there for four years, and uh...ok.

Hey, you ladies have Ozzie to look at this year as your candy...lol

I love Ozzie. He is a great competitor. I hope he does well, but he is not a natural leader. He is a great individual player.

coach is creepy....hell they all are.......i would be more impressed if it took place somewhere cold

I agree...how about Wasilla, AK.:lol: Seriously though, for a long time I've thought it would be neat to see them go to a place like Canada, but not in the middle of winter. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the beach scenery, but would enjoy seeing something different.

In the begining, the element did play a bigger part in the show. Cod would be interesting. I think it would probably not be as visually pleasing though. The challenges, the scenery etc.

Dont know.

I was glad Upolu won this week. More time for wacky Brandon to learn to fit in. I was surprised to find myself kinda rooting for him tonight.

I was glad Upolu won this week. More time for wacky Brandon to learn to fit in. I was surprised to find myself kinda rooting for him tonight.

To tell you the truth, I sort of wanted them to lose. I wanted to see if he would go after Mikayla again. Not sure if he has control of his demons yet....? The other reason I wanted them to lose is, we all knew who was going home on the other tribe. No surprise there.

I just wanted all those weepy sincere kids that Grampa doesn't like to have a chance to work things out without the pressure of tribal council. :lol:

lol - I can't explain it but as I watched tonight my head realized that my heart had picked sides. And Upolu it is.

Forum List

Back