Survivor. Are you watching?

Quiet as its kept, I love Survivor. Have never missed a season and I was thinking, are any of you fans?

I have to admit, they almost lost me last season with this vets coming back and running the damn game and how much dominance Boston Rob had on his dumb tribe, and now I hear Coach and Ozzie are coming back this year.

This in my opinion sucks because a leader cant be developed within the new tribes. We will see.

I don't. I watch Big Brother though and they had Vets back this year which ruined it a little for me.

I tried Big Brother once...I am sorry but its not for me. I did give Amazing race a shot and its pretty good. But Survivor is my guilty pleasure.

Sharks against minnows isn't very sporting.

Are you refering to the vet vs. newbie thing? If so, I agree. They will follow everything they say..well, they did last year.

Boston Rob made me freaking sick. But it was great tv so good for survivor.

Yep. The newbies have such a challenge finding their footing when vets are around.

When they do find a strategy which gives them temporary safety, it's not the kind of strategy which wins the game. It's a butt-saving strategy which usually involves sucking up to the vet, which makes them look bad in the final analysis.

That's what Big Brother did this year. Six dynamic vets against 8 newbies.

And they got their best ratings ever, so what is there to stop them from doing it again?

At least if they do it again, the newbies won't be blindsided by it.

That's the difference between this season and last on Survivor too. Last year the minnows just didn't have a chance against Rob. This year ... hopefully they saw something like this coming and are more prepared to succeed with some dignity still intact.

Last edited:
I love Survivor and don't feel the need to apologize or be embarrassed by that. I've watched every single episode of every single show since it started. It is often the only hour of television I watch in the entire week. It is a welcome respite from a busy schedule.

I miss it being on Thursdays, that was a better night, but in the end it doesn't matter, I'll still watch it.

Russell's nephew, Brandon, is really creeping me out. He's like obsessed with that girl with her boyish figure, she's not that pretty. He blames her because she turns him on. Ewww...he has the personality you would expect in a serial killer. Someone who goes around killing women because he considers them evil because they turn him on.

As for coach, he had a rough start losing that competition to Ozzie, but I think he redeemed himself with his tribe. He's kind of odd, but I bet he's actually a really nice guy. I kind of like him.

As for those two bimbos on Redemption Island, I doubt either of them will remain in the game. Especially that first one, the "spoken word artist." She thought she would get by because she had a hot body, pretty face, and seductive ways. In the end, that's not how it works on Survivor. : )

I don't watch any other reality shows. Survivor is in a class by itself. The Amazing Race is pretty good, too, but I don't watch it religiously. Don't usually have time to watch a lot of television every week, although I keep it on because I think my dogs enjoy it. : )

Sharks against minnows isn't very sporting.

Are you refering to the vet vs. newbie thing? If so, I agree. They will follow everything they say..well, they did last year.

Boston Rob made me freaking sick. But it was great tv so good for survivor.

Yep. The newbies have such a challenge finding their footing when vets are around.

When they do find a strategy which gives them temporary safety, it's not the kind of strategy which wins the game. It's a butt-saving strategy which usually involves sucking up to the vet, which makes them look bad in the final analysis.

That's what Big Brother did this year. Six dynamic vets against 8 newbies.

And they got their best ratings ever, so what is there to stop them from doing it again?

At least if they do it again, the newbies won't be blindsided by it.

That's the difference between this season and last on Survivor too. Last year the minnows just didn't have a chance against Rob. This year ... hopefully they saw something like this coming and are more prepared to succeed with some dignity still intact.

Well, Ozzie is not in control of his tribe. Look at vote 1. The only really really cool thing about last season was Russell getting blind sided. That tribe was a bit older and really took no crap from him. That was great. Now on the other side, it was sickening at the I love Boston Rob tribe.

Oh and I dont remember his name but that guy on Rob's team. I liked him and damn did Bob screw him over. On the last show of the season, you could really see how much that guy didnt appreciate what Rob did to him as well. Other than him, it was a boston Rob love fest....and the sob won the 100k to. Damn.

I love Survivor and don't feel the need to apologize or be embarrassed by that. I've watched every single episode of every single show since it started. It is often the only hour of television I watch in the entire week. It is a welcome respite from a busy schedule.

I miss it being on Thursdays, that was a better night, but in the end it doesn't matter, I'll still watch it.

Russell's nephew, Brandon, is really creeping me out. He's like obsessed with that girl with her boyish figure, she's not that pretty. He blames her because she turns him on. Ewww...he has the personality you would expect in a serial killer. Someone who goes around killing women because he considers them evil because they turn him on.

As for coach, he had a rough start losing that competition to Ozzie, but I think he redeemed himself with his tribe. He's kind of odd, but I bet he's actually a really nice guy. I kind of like him.

As for those two bimbos on Redemption Island, I doubt either of them will remain in the game. Especially that first one, the "spoken word artist." She thought she would get by because she had a hot body, pretty face, and seductive ways. In the end, that's not how it works on Survivor. : )

I don't watch any other reality shows. Survivor is in a class by itself. The Amazing Race is pretty good, too, but I don't watch it religiously. Don't usually have time to watch a lot of television every week, although I keep it on because I think my dogs enjoy it. : )

I agree with everything you said except for one thing. OH yeah...women have freaking won survivor by using sexuality and flirting. They have won and or have gotten very very far doing it.

Look at Boston rob's wife...amber. Look at Pavarti. There are so many of them. That girl who was voted off first this year, she was just a dip. A pretty one, but a dip who opened her mouth and said she would be good in that challenge. Big mistake.

Yes, I agree that women can use their looks to get ahead on Survivor. To a point. But the guys won't hesitate to throw them under the bus once things are getting really serious. Which really surprises some of them, you can tell they're used to getting their way.

Yes, I agree that women can use their looks to get ahead on Survivor. To a point. But the guys won't hesitate to throw them under the bus once things are getting really serious. Which really surprises some of them, you can tell they're used to getting their way.

Agree but when a girl gets a strong guy to like her, he goes into protection mode and she can capitalize big time with this.

Again, look at Amber...or I should say Ambah. (Damn I did not like Boston Rob).

Last edited:
The only reality show I like is Project Runway. I watch every episode (online when I can because I usually miss the TV showing).

I occasionally watch Top Chef, but can only take it for so long.

The other ones drive me crazy within a minute or two. Seriously.

Well, the truth about Survivor is this...a lot of people love it. That's why it's remained on the air so long.

It was the first successful reality show on American television, and it continues to remain a cut above the rest.

Last edited:

Agree but when a girl gets a strong guy to like her, he goes into protection mode and she can capitalize big time with this.

Boston Rob played a perfect game. Why blame him for everyone else's stupidity? I'm by no means a Rob fan but your obsession with hating him can't be healthy.

Just sayin

Boston Rob played a perfect game. Why blame him for everyone else's stupidity? I'm by no means a Rob fan but your obsession with hating him can't be healthy.

Just sayin

Rob got lucky because he ended up on that team. Russell was just as good a player if not better than rob but he got unlucky and got on a team that could think for itself. They bounced RUSSELL...you honestly think they could not have gotten rid of Boston rob?

Imagine Rob on a team that didnt like him. He would have been gone so fast, but he lucked out and got with sheeple.

russells nephew has serious issues, I predict a full meltdown.

He honestly believes its her fault HE finds her attractive. What in the hell makes him think she would have anything to do with him?

Meltdown is not the word for whats coming. That guy is creepy.

The interesting thing was that Brandon wanted her out, talked to everybody that he wanted her out, but then he didn't vote for her. So what's up with that?

Dang, I should have checked this thread days ago, but my computer time has been at a premium so I'm way behind.

As for your question, here's my theory: Brandon was trying to get the two female buddies, Kristine and I forget her BFF's name, to vote for Mikala because he knew that if he got three votes for Mikala, there would be a tie and a good chance she would be voted out with the tiebreaker.

However, his scheme blew up in his face when the two women announced that they had been approached to vote for Mikala, but denied they ever planned to do so. As soon as they did that, Brandon saw his 3 votes go bye-bye, so he squirmed out of it by pretending he was just "playing the game" basically to test the waters and see how they were going to vote. Then he had to vote Kristine or Coach would realize he was trying to go against him.

Brandon is a perv who cannot control his sexual thoughts about this poor woman, Mikala, and blames her for tempting him, a married man. Listen to the guy next week while he's whining about poor little him, being led astray by evil, apple-eating Mikala. The dude is certifiable!

The interesting thing was that Brandon wanted her out, talked to everybody that he wanted her out, but then he didn't vote for her. So what's up with that?

Dang, I should have checked this thread days ago, but my computer time has been at a premium so I'm way behind.

As for your question, here's my theory: Brandon was trying to get the two female buddies, Kristine and I forget her BFF's name, to vote for Mikala because he knew that if he got three votes for Mikala, there would be a tie and a good chance she would be voted out with the tiebreaker.

However, his scheme blew up in his face when the two women announced that they had been approached to vote for Mikala, but denied they ever planned to do so. As soon as they did that, Brandon saw his 3 votes go bye-bye, so he squirmed out of it by pretending he was just "playing the game" basically to test the waters and see how they were going to vote. Then he had to vote Kristine or Coach would realize he was trying to go against him.

Brandon is a perv who cannot control his sexual thoughts about this poor woman, Mikala, and blames her for tempting him, a married man. Listen to the guy next week while he's whining about poor little him, being led astray by evil, apple-eating Mikala. The dude is certifiable!

Your honor, yes I grabbed her butt but it was perfect so its her fault. Dude got issues!

Last edited:

Your theory is as good as anybodys. We'll see if he is gunning for Mikayla this week though, but the group seems to think she is the strongest of the women at challenges so he could easily be foiled again. On the other hand, if she now knows he is gunning for her, she may organize a pretty good target on HIS back. :)

(Every season has its provocative or really off-the-wall character though. Last season it was Phillip. They make for too good television and add interest so sometimes I think it is rigged to keep them in it as long as possible.)

Your theory is as good as anybodys. We'll see if he is gunning for Mikayla this week though, but the group seems to think she is the strongest of the women at challenges so he could easily be foiled again. On the other hand, if she now knows he is gunning for her, she may organize a pretty good target on HIS back. :)

(Every season has its provocative or really off-the-wall character though. Last season it was Phillip. They make for too good television and add interest so sometimes I think it is rigged to keep them in it as long as possible.)

Remember Coach likes Mikayla, so if she says something to him about getting brandon off, then I think he is gone.

Now, Phillip...wow. That "former federal agent" was uh, interesting to say the least.

Now that Unamerican comment you made about this show possibly being rigged. For the love of God, please do not say that again....lol

Forum List

Back