Surprise...!

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h1><a href=http://www.aclu.org/LesbianGayRights/LesbianGayRights.cfm?ID=17243&c=100>Meanwhile, Deep in the Bible-belt...</a></h1></center>

<blockquote><h2>Arkansas Anti-Gay Foster Care Ban Overturned</h2>

December 29, 2004

LITTLE ROCK - - Finding that children <b>are not harmed by living with gay or lesbian parents</b>, an Arkansas court today struck down a state regulation that banned gay people and anyone living in a household with a gay adult from being foster parents in the state. The American Civil Liberties Union brought the lawsuit against the state in 1999 on behalf of three prospective foster parents.

"Throughout this case, the state has relied on ugly stereotypes to deny children in the Arkansas foster care system the chance of having the widest possible pool of foster families available to them," said Rita Sklar, Executive Director of the ACLU of Arkansas. "We’re very pleased that the court saw through these arguments and has recognized that <b>gay and lesbian people can provide homes just as loving and stable as anyone else’s</b>."</blockquote>

Who'd a thunk it. Deep in the bible-belt, in the little state of Arkansas, gay an lesbian folks can now provide foster care for kids abused by their straight parents. Gosh, they can find a loving, nurturing relationship with gay and lesbian couples, that they can't find in their own homes.

Guess that shoots the stereo-type of the ignorant, homophobic bible-belter right in the ass...doncha think? Probably not. The same nasty stereotypes will be throw up by the same ugly minded folks who oppose the very concept of same-gender relationships. These sick sots need to clean their own houses and take stock of their own relationships before they even begin to worry about those of others.

Bullypulpit said:
<center><h1><a href=http://www.aclu.org/LesbianGayRights/LesbianGayRights.cfm?ID=17243&c=100>Meanwhile, Deep in the Bible-belt...</a></h1></center>

<blockquote><h2>Arkansas Anti-Gay Foster Care Ban Overturned</h2>

December 29, 2004

LITTLE ROCK - - Finding that children <b>are not harmed by living with gay or lesbian parents</b>, an Arkansas court today struck down a state regulation that banned gay people and anyone living in a household with a gay adult from being foster parents in the state. The American Civil Liberties Union brought the lawsuit against the state in 1999 on behalf of three prospective foster parents.

"Throughout this case, the state has relied on ugly stereotypes to deny children in the Arkansas foster care system the chance of having the widest possible pool of foster families available to them," said Rita Sklar, Executive Director of the ACLU of Arkansas. "We’re very pleased that the court saw through these arguments and has recognized that <b>gay and lesbian people can provide homes just as loving and stable as anyone else’s</b>."</blockquote>

Who'd a thunk it. Deep in the bible-belt, in the little state of Arkansas, gay an lesbian folks can now provide foster care for kids abused by their straight parents. Gosh, they can find a loving, nurturing relationship with gay and lesbian couples, that they can't find in their own homes.

Guess that shoots the stereo-type of the ignorant, homophobic bible-belter right in the ass...doncha think? Probably not. The same nasty stereotypes will be throw up by the same ugly minded folks who oppose the very concept of same-gender relationships. These sick sots need to clean their own houses and take stock of their own relationships before they even begin to worry about those of others.

Dang bully---you must have one clean house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bullypulpit said:
LITTLE ROCK - - Finding that children are not harmed by living with gay or lesbian parents, a (LIBERAL) Arkansas court today struck down a state regulation that banned gay people and anyone living in a household with a gay adult from being foster parents in the state.

This is nothing more than one more example of your immoral, activist, stinking liberal judges down there in the chicken state of slick willie and hitlery clinton ruling their godless, liberal agenda from the bench, instead of upholding the law.

There's proof children DO suffer when in queer custody. That filthy liberal judge is ignoring it all.

I wonder why people in authority hate children?

These are among the same people who think kids aren't harmed by living with child molesters...or thieves....these people think kids aren't harmed by living with parents who don't spank the kids, too.

(shrug)

The State must not have presented the mountains of evidence supporting their position.

Did you stop to think, Bully, about the *kids* themselves, rather than your agenda? What do you think is going to happen when little Timmy goes to first grade, and says "My daddy and daddy are taking me to Disneyland."??? That kid's going to tell other kids, those other kids are going to tell other kids, and pretty soon, it gets back to the parents who insist that their children not play with Timmy because he's "not normal", and the whole cycle gets worse from there..

How is this not harmful?? What's Timmy going to do? Shout "At least I have a stable and nurturing home!"?? GMAFB.

Shattered said:
Did you stop to think, Bully, about the *kids* themselves, rather than your agenda?

Homosexual lifesytles are inherrently selfish; as is the homosexual. Regardless of the damage they do to others with their behavior, they persist because it makes them FEEL something.

I'd much rather see these kids with a gay couple
who most likely are looking to adopt, than a heterosexual trailer trash couple just looking for
the foster care check.

Mr. P said:
I'd much rather see these kids with a gay couple
who most likely are looking to adopt, than a heterosexual trailer trash couple just looking for
the foster care check.

Not me. A kid can easier shake off poverty, than living a life taught to be selfish, and conflicting with nature and truth.

:-/

-=d=- said:
Not me. A kid can easier shake off poverty, than living a life taught to be selfish, and conflicting with nature and truth.

:-/
Who said anything about poverty...My comment suggests "neglect" for the sake of money.
Neglect of the children, which you know happens all the time with many of these foster parents. It's even on some of the News shows from time to time.
Don't believe it? Ask some of the foster kids. Most of em never make the news.

Shattered said:
Did you stop to think, Bully, about the *kids* themselves, rather than your agenda? What do you think is going to happen when little Timmy goes to first grade, and says "My daddy and daddy are taking me to Disneyland."??? That kid's going to tell other kids, those other kids are going to tell other kids, and pretty soon, it gets back to the parents who insist that their children not play with Timmy because he's "not normal", and the whole cycle gets worse from there..

How is this not harmful?? What's Timmy going to do? Shout "At least I have a stable and nurturing home!"?? GMAFB.

Shattered, I know deep down that you and others have a better argument than this (I can think of it in fact, =-D-= nearly hit it on the head to an extent)...

Because this argument sounds way too close to that made against interracial relationships (Your kids will get made fun of, they'll be told they're not normal, etc etc) and that is just hogwash.

Now Bully, I'm surprised no one else mentioned this....

compare the ACLU link you give to media stories about the ruling and you'll see why the judge ruled in this manner.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6767205/

While acknowledging that the ban was discriminatory against gays, Fox said that homosexuals are not recognized under the law as a “suspect class,” as women and racial minorities are.

Instead, he said that the Arkansas Legislature gave the child-welfare board the power to “promote the health, safety and welfare of children,” and that the ban does not accomplish that. He said that the regulation instead seeks to regulate “public morality” — something the board was not given the authority to do.

no matter what the judge said in his opinion about gays being fit foster parents, what matters is why he ruled this way: the child welfare board was beyond its authority.

now all the arkansas legislature has to do is write a new law or authorization of sorts and then its right back to where it was before the ruling.

this isn't a victory for gay rights or gay foster parent rights, its a sick joke played upon them by the ACLU, because as soon as the legislature cranks out that new law/authorization (so that the agency won't be beyond its authority now), they're unfit foster parents once again.

if the good lord wanted queers to have kids, he would have made one male and the other female.
this is just what a troubled kid needs, to be badgered by other kids becasue he/ she is living in a gay household.

Nothing more than a phone call from ol' Bubba and Hillary to this judge who was appointed by Bubba took care of this, guess what the voters want and the welfare of the children don't mean shit in Arkansas.

The evidence is irrefuteable in this case, kids are always better off in any other viable situation than with a same sex couple which leaves them without a mommy or vice versa without a daddy. Two men together DOES NOT EVER EQUAL MOMMY AND DADDY.

I suppose it all depends on how you view child rearing. I would guess that most of the folks here that it is up to the father to punish his kid and thereby teach him/her right from wrong. It is the Father's responsibility to "rule" the household and that is what makes kids strong. If this is the model you adopt then homosexual child rearing could indeed be rather confusing. On the other hand there is a large group of people who believe that children are born good and nurturing, and guidance can make them better. In the second model it is up to both of the parents to raise their child and teach them how to be better people. In the latter case the sex of the parents is irrelevant so long as both of them are responsible and caring parents who will teach their child how to be a better person. So the issue depends on which model of child rearing you subscribe to. I lean toward the latter (and was pretty much raised like Huck Finn) in my view children need a stable and loving home to grow and thrive. Arguing that a same sex upbringing will leave them scared for life is not supported by empirical evidence. However what is true is that children brought up in broken homes (heterosexual and homosexual alike) i.e. abuse, molestation, alcoholism etc. are usually fucked up. (Tree frog Johnson case for those who are interested). So the heath of a young people (our investment for the future) depends not on the orientation of their parents but rather on the ability of their parents to provide a stable and loving household.
As for the teasing kids on the play ground argument...hogwash...not only was the same case made for multi racial families, but also kids tease each other. If little Jimmy comes to school covered in blood and cow shit because his dead beat dad is too drunk to wash him and his mom is too busy smoking Newport lights and watching Springer than he is going to get made fun of, and if the friends of little Timmy have a problem with his two Dads well tough shit for them. Ultimately the government has no business dictating who can marry whom, and what constitutes as stable love. The "evidence" arguing against Homosexuals has been produced by right wing think tanks whose scientific methods were questionable at best. If you have a religious aversion to homosexual conduct fine, ask god to smite the godless sodemites on the day of reckoning and be content, but please, stop trying to integrate God's law into ours. Not all of the faithful want to live like that.

Cheers, and have a happy New Year.
HUCK

There is empirical and irrefuteable evidence listed right here on USMB that the HLCP lifestyle no matter with kids or no kids is a dangerous and detrimental lifestyle choice, do we really want our kids brought up in that?

As for abusive heterosexual relationships with kids...yeah it happens but your chances on shear numbers alone is much much less in that case of having some sort of abuse. HLCP's lead many categories of abuse when percentages are looked at. Face it, its just not prudent.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Huckleburry said:
Arguing that a same sex upbringing will leave them scared for life is not supported by empirical evidence.

There are PAGES upon PAGES of FACTUAL PRINT right here on this message board giving irrefutable evidence that children raised by queers suffer. We are just sick and tired of having to dig it up each time we get a newby here talking smack about fags as if they're normal and eveything about them is just misunderstood. Queers are sick people, and don't need to drag otherwise normal children into their perverse world of twisted sex.

If I was a kid, I'd rather live with a drunken Dad and a slut for a mother than fags. I can just imagine watching my Dad kiss another man. OK OK... now I have to go fucking PUKE! Yeah... that would be great for a kid.

NATO AIR said:
Shattered, I know deep down that you and others have a better argument than this (I can think of it in fact, =-D-= nearly hit it on the head to an extent)...

Because this argument sounds way too close to that made against interracial relationships (Your kids will get made fun of, they'll be told they're not normal, etc etc) and that is just hogwash.

It is absolutely not hogwash. Nobody gives a rats patootie about how those children will be treated *outside* the house - they only *think* they're being offered a stable environment, and *that* is a load of hogwash. Start thinking about long term rammifications, rather than the "now". Start thinking of others, rather than yourself.

Two males, or two females can NOT give a child what a mother and a father can.

Shattered said:
It is absolutely not hogwash. Nobody gives a rats patootie about how those children will be treated *outside* the house - they only *think* they're being offered a stable environment, and *that* is a load of hogwash. Start thinking about long term rammifications, rather than the "now". Start thinking of others, rather than yourself.

Two males, or two females can NOT give a child what a mother and a father can.

Shattered, I'm not arguing for gay adoption/foster care.

I am merely saying that using the argument you were is a tactical mistake. It reminds far too many of us of the "reasons" for opposition to interracial marriage, adoption and relationships.

There are far, far better arguments to use, and these would perhaps win out over the general populace much better than the one you were using earlier.

Shattered said:

In a sane, rational society, nothing would happen to them.

Is it less harmful to leave children in homes where they are abused end neglected by their striaght parents...? Or place them in foster care with a same-gender couple committed to giving the child a safe and loving home?

But more to the point, you don't have a point.

Forum List

Back