Surprise...!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Bullypulpit, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    <center><h1><a href=http://www.aclu.org/LesbianGayRights/LesbianGayRights.cfm?ID=17243&c=100>Meanwhile, Deep in the Bible-belt...</a></h1></center>

<blockquote><h2>Arkansas Anti-Gay Foster Care Ban Overturned</h2>

December 29, 2004

LITTLE ROCK - - Finding that children <b>are not harmed by living with gay or lesbian parents</b>, an Arkansas court today struck down a state regulation that banned gay people and anyone living in a household with a gay adult from being foster parents in the state. The American Civil Liberties Union brought the lawsuit against the state in 1999 on behalf of three prospective foster parents.

"Throughout this case, the state has relied on ugly stereotypes to deny children in the Arkansas foster care system the chance of having the widest possible pool of foster families available to them," said Rita Sklar, Executive Director of the ACLU of Arkansas. "We’re very pleased that the court saw through these arguments and has recognized that <b>gay and lesbian people can provide homes just as loving and stable as anyone else’s</b>."</blockquote>

Who'd a thunk it. Deep in the bible-belt, in the little state of Arkansas, gay an lesbian folks can now provide foster care for kids abused by their straight parents. Gosh, they can find a loving, nurturing relationship with gay and lesbian couples, that they can't find in their own homes.

Guess that shoots the stereo-type of the ignorant, homophobic bible-belter right in the ass...doncha think? Probably not. The same nasty stereotypes will be throw up by the same ugly minded folks who oppose the very concept of same-gender relationships. These sick sots need to clean their own houses and take stock of their own relationships before they even begin to worry about those of others.

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Dang bully---you must have one clean house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,890
    This is nothing more than one more example of your immoral, activist, stinking liberal judges down there in the chicken state of slick willie and hitlery clinton ruling their godless, liberal agenda from the bench, instead of upholding the law.

There's proof children DO suffer when in queer custody. That filthy liberal judge is ignoring it all.

4. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    I wonder why people in authority hate children?

These are among the same people who think kids aren't harmed by living with child molesters...or thieves....these people think kids aren't harmed by living with parents who don't spank the kids, too.

(shrug)

The State must not have presented the mountains of evidence supporting their position.

5. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you stop to think, Bully, about the *kids* themselves, rather than your agenda? What do you think is going to happen when little Timmy goes to first grade, and says "My daddy and daddy are taking me to Disneyland."??? That kid's going to tell other kids, those other kids are going to tell other kids, and pretty soon, it gets back to the parents who insist that their children not play with Timmy because he's "not normal", and the whole cycle gets worse from there..

How is this not harmful?? What's Timmy going to do? Shout "At least I have a stable and nurturing home!"?? GMAFB.

6. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Homosexual lifesytles are inherrently selfish; as is the homosexual. Regardless of the damage they do to others with their behavior, they persist because it makes them FEEL something.

7. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    I'd much rather see these kids with a gay couple
    who most likely are looking to adopt, than a heterosexual trailer trash couple just looking for
    the foster care check.

8. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

Not me. A kid can easier shake off poverty, than living a life taught to be selfish, and conflicting with nature and truth.

:-/

9. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Who said anything about poverty...My comment suggests "neglect" for the sake of money.
    Neglect of the children, which you know happens all the time with many of these foster parents. It's even on some of the News shows from time to time.
    Don't believe it? Ask some of the foster kids. Most of em never make the news.

10. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Shattered, I know deep down that you and others have a better argument than this (I can think of it in fact, =-D-= nearly hit it on the head to an extent)...

Because this argument sounds way too close to that made against interracial relationships (Your kids will get made fun of, they'll be told they're not normal, etc etc) and that is just hogwash.