Supreme Court won't block release of Trump documents to Jan 6 committee

Why would anyone want to know any more about this? No big deal.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Mac is being tongue-in-cheek with that quote that comes from his post in #49.

I refer to it so as to encourage anyone here to read the article Mac linked us to. The article in last night's edition of 'The Hill'.
Read it (I link to it again, below).

Clearly. Clearly. There was more afoot than a tourist visit. More than MAGA-Gone-Wild spontaniety. Serious people with serious intent were at the attack on our Capitol on January 6th.....for reasons.

Hundreds and hundreds of pounds of high-firepower weaponry and ammo were purhased, transported to DC, and then stored in a nearby hotel....and then openly discussed (on encrypted apps) as armament for a "QRF" (Quick Reactionary Force)!

Gimme a break!
Those KevlarQueens came to Washington with a purpose.
Who can possibly deny that?

The questions America must not let go unanswered are: Were they merely on their own delusional but seditious hook?
Or was their communication and agreeance between the leadership of these nutter-patriots and elements of the Trump Administration and/or its operatives?

So, I am all for this current House Select Committee ---100% for it -----for it to continue an aggressive, diligent, thorough investigation of the people and events surrounding January 6th. We want and need a big and fine-meshed dragnet.

Personally, with information like this accumulation of weaponry for "a QRF" and the encrypted communications....well, I'm all for the appointment of a Special Prosecutor by Biden to make sure all is uncovered and revealed.

IMHO

Oath Keepers stockpiled 30 days of supplies, rifles ahead of Jan. 6

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Mac is being tongue-in-cheek with that quote that comes from his post in #49.

I refer to it so as to encourage anyone here to read the article Mac linked us to. The article in last night's edition of 'The Hill'.
Read it (I link to it again, below).

Clearly. Clearly. There was more afoot than a tourist visit. More than MAGA-Gone-Wild spontaniety. Serious people with serious intent were at the attack on our Capitol on January 6th.....for reasons.

Hundreds and hundreds of pounds of high-firepower weaponry and ammo were purhased, transported to DC, and then stored in a nearby hotel....and then openly discussed (on encrypted apps) as armament for a "QRF" (Quick Reactionary Force)!

Gimme a break!
Those KevlarQueens came to Washington with a purpose.
Who can possibly deny that?

The questions America must not let go unanswered are: Were they merely on their own delusional but seditious hook?
Or was their communication and agreeance between the leadership of these nutter-patriots and elements of the Trump Administration and/or its operatives?

So, I am all for this current House Select Committee ---100% for it -----for it to continue an aggressive, diligent, thorough investigation of the people and events surrounding January 6th. We want and need a big and fine-meshed dragnet.

Personally, with information like this accumulation of weaponry for "a QRF" and the encrypted communications....well, I'm all for the appointment of a Special Prosecutor by Biden to make sure all is uncovered and revealed.

IMHO

Oath Keepers stockpiled 30 days of supplies, rifles ahead of Jan. 6
I suspect the good news is that we'll get pretty close to the whole story here.

Based on Garland's comments and the action taken on the Oath Keeper rube and his fellow rubes, I'm far more confident that the DOJ is digging hard and aggressively.

"Based on Garland's comments and the action taken on the Oath Keeper rube and his fellow rubes,..."
---------------------------------------------------------------
I have long been skeptical of the argument that the January 6th attack was merely a spontaneous event in sort of a 'flash mob' scenario. Not with the KevalarQueens doing 'stack' formations, not with folks bringing hammers, crowbars, steel 'flag' poles, and high strength MACE to a mere 'Protest-the-Steal' rally.

It is clear not everybody who was at or even in the Capitol that day were insurrectionists or seditionists or complicit in any plot. Some truly were 'caught-up-in-the-moment'. But not all. There WAS cooridination. There WAS communicaiton between widespread actors. That much is clear.

This cake is baking. And I'm suspecting more and more it is gonna be a big dense important cake.

I am writing both of my Senators and my Congressman.....for them to urge a Special Prosecutor.

---------------------------------------------------------------
I have long been skeptical of the argument that the January 6th attack was merely a spontaneous event in sort of a 'flash mob' scenario. Not with the KevalarQueens doing 'stack' formations, not with folks bringing hammers, crowbars, steel 'flag' poles, and high strength MACE to a mere 'Protest-the-Steal' rally.

It is clear not everybody who was at or even in the Capitol that day were insurrectionists or seditionists or complicit in any plot. Some truly were 'caught-up-in-the-moment'. But not all. There WAS cooridination. There WAS communicaiton between widespread actors. That much is clear.

This cake is baking. And I'm suspecting more and more it is gonna be a big dense important cake.

I am writing both of my Senators and my Congressman.....for them to urge a Special Prosecutor.
It's becoming pretty clear that Jan 6 was layered somewhat. There were the misguided rubes who "stormed" the building because they were so jacked up on Trump's months of lies, but then there the more focused groups, such as the Oath Keepers (and probably others), who we're now finding out were stockpiled and ready for the long term. The third layer appears to be the cult leadership, meeting and holed up at the Willard Hotel, orchestrating.... something.

The rubes have to be punished for whatever laws they broke, but they are not the story here, that's for sure.

It all boils down to his terrible job of vetting his SCOTUS nominees to find loyal candidates who would have supported him through thick and thin. You can bet that he feels that all three of his nominees should have been willing to show their gratitude for his appointments. But no, they let him down.

We know from the continuous turnover of his staff and cabinet picks that his vetting of them was haphazard at best. Perhaps if he had worked rather than playing golf and watching television things would have turned out differently. Sad, so sad. Bigly!!!

The third layer appears to be the cult leadership, meeting and holed up at the Willard Hotel, orchestrating.... something.
They were discussing the various ways that a bunch old fat dudes armed with cruthes, flags and fire extinguishers could take down fully armed apache choppers and the most powerful military in the world….DUH!

It all boils down to his terrible job of vetting his SCOTUS nominees to find loyal candidates who would have supported him through thick and thin. You can bet that he feels that all three of his nominees should have been willing to show their gratitude for his appointments. But no, they let him down.

We know from the continuous turnover of his staff and cabinet picks that his vetting of them was haphazard at best. Perhaps if he had worked rather than playing golf and watching television things would have turned out differently. Sad, so sad. Bigly!!!
Don't forget about his bad lawyers.

Brandon just invited Russia to invade Ukraine and lefties think the S.C. decision on Trump is major news. Store shelves are empty, gas prices continue to rise, illegal diseased aliens flood the borders and the president seems unable to understand what's going on but lefties worry about the former president's paper work. Go figure.

Maybe he should have gotten crooked judges that would support lawlessness instead of ones that would support conservative values along with the laws and constitution of our country. It is not like he doesn't know a bunch of crooks or crooked lawyers.

Trump picked from a list supplied to him. Frankly he did no worse than other Repubs picking judges. Repubs need their versions of Garland, Sotomayer, Kagan and Breyer. They exist somewhere. But are not picked.

The judicial branch is supposed to act independent of the executive and legislative. They did their job. The law prevailed. Donald Trump not so much.

It boils down to Trump being corrupt, dishonest, and having nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions.

Like Trump, conservatives are corrupt, dishonest, and have contempt for our democratic institutions.
Trumpers are not the voice of actual conservatives, as there is nothing conservative about them, nor do they wish to conserve anything. They are the radical anarchist crowd they purport to be. I have been around conservatives all my life. These people just want to be thought of a conservative, as it sounds much better than anti-American, anti-constitutional, anti-representative republic swine, and it takes less time to say it.

Forum List

Back