Supreme Court Throws Out “independent legislature theory. Huge blow for us conservatives.

Why is it just a loss for conservatives?... both side gerrymander... seems its a blow for states rights and that is what concerns me with this decision.... everyday that goes by the justice system hands more power and control to DC with their ridiculous anti constitutional rulings....

But only one side can gerrymander due to race.

Unless of course more blacks and other minorities start abandoning dems due to the LGBTQWERTYUIOP stuff.

Why is it just a loss for conservatives?... both side gerrymander... seems its a blow for states rights and that is what concerns me with this decision.... everyday that goes by the justice system hands more power and control to DC with their ridiculous anti constitutional rulings....
So, you really don't care if the left of the right gerrymander congressional districts in a bias way? Oh wait, you just want the right to be able to do that. I gotcha.

Courts are supposed to be objective. Legislative bodies are bias in their nature. If the laying field is level, the far right will lose every time. That is what you are afraid of. You want to be able to cheat. I gotcha!

But only one side can gerrymander due to race.

Unless of course more blacks and other minorities start abandoning dems due to the LGBTQWERTYUIOP stuff.
And that's happening... I'm hearing more and more Blacks asking for a return of Trump and or Trump policies... I think this is known by the dems and that's why they opened the border... but I think the numbers of illegals wasn't as much as they hoped would make the trip to our border... and so they are a bit panicked and all they have left is to promote trans genderism as a way to gain supporters....

And that's happening... I'm hearing more and more Blacks asking for a return of Trump and or Trump policies... I think this is known by the dems and that's why they opened the border... but I think the numbers of illegals wasn't as much as they hoped would make the trip to our border... and so they are a bit panicked and all they have left is to promote trans genderism as a way to gain supporters....
You want a man who threats classified documents like toilet paper back in the White House? REALLY?

The independent legislature theory is a fringe legal theory that had been gaining traction in recent years. It holds that state legislatures have absolute power to regulate federal elections, free from any checks and balances from state courts, governors, or other state officials. This theory would have allowed state legislatures to gerrymander electoral maps, pass voter suppression laws, and even overturn the results of elections they didn't like.

Although I am a conservative , I admit The Supreme Court's decision today is a major victory for democracy. It ensures that state legislatures will no longer be able to rig elections with impunity. This is a great day for our democracy, and we should all celebrate!

I agree. This is a great day for democracy. Conservatives and liberals both can cheer in this victory. The GOP, on the other hand, can GFI!

The independent legislature theory is a fringe legal theory that had been gaining traction in recent years. It holds that state legislatures have absolute power to regulate federal elections, free from any checks and balances from state courts, governors, or other state officials. This theory would have allowed state legislatures to gerrymander electoral maps, pass voter suppression laws, and even overturn the results of elections they didn't like.

Although I am a conservative , I admit The Supreme Court's decision today is a major victory for democracy. It ensures that state legislatures will no longer be able to rig elections with impunity. This is a great day for our democracy, and we should all celebrate!

How is it "fringe" when it's spelled out in the Constitution, poseur?

Mail in ballots are more than a decade old, you people and you stupid ass CTs

Mass mail in ballots are not, and the Dems have learned to use that.

It's amazing how after centuries of voting games gullible rubes like you can think it doesn't happen anymore.

Mail in ballots are more than a decade old, you people and you stupid ass CTs
Mails ins are the exception, intended to accommodate the 10-15% who utterly cannot make it to the polls.
They are not in place for 35-50% of the population,mostly democrats, to mail in when they can get around to it and to accommodate democrat wishes to keep counting until they win.

Mails ins are the exception, intended to accommodate the 10-15% who utterly cannot make it to the polls.
They are not in place for 35-50% of the population,mostly democrats, to mail in when they can get around to it and to accommodate democrat wishes to keep counting until they win.

And to make Ballot Harvesting a reality.

That is merely your opinion.

The far right state of Utah has been doing mail in for everyone since 2013.

Personally, I would be happy to never vote any but via mail again.

Forum List

Back