students who couldn't wear usa flag tshirts are suing!

It's both interesting and telling that the majority of the board's most vocal liberals are avoiding this thread like the plague. In fact, even the one that's bothered to participate has now made about a half dozen posts without actually offering an opinion.

True story :thup:

The thought of a lawsuit concerning high school kids having freedom of speech when it comes to their attire seems ridiculously liberal to me.

Maybe the principle would have been better offf calling the trailer trash parents racist.

my2¢;2448763 said:
It's both interesting and telling that the majority of the board's most vocal liberals are avoiding this thread like the plague. In fact, even the one that's bothered to participate has now made about a half dozen posts without actually offering an opinion.

The thought of a lawsuit concerning high school kids having freedom of speech when it comes to their attire seems ridiculously liberal to me.

No it's the morons sending kids home from school for wearing American flags that are being ridiculously liberal. In the never ending effort to be PC and not offend a minority they offend 2 white kids, and tons of other people, by telling them and us all the flag on their shirt is hateful, and they can't wear it simply because it is a Mexican holiday that day. How would you people feel if Mexican kids were sent home from school on the 4th of July for wearing Mexican flags on their shirts? Not that that would ever happen.

Unbelievable

Last edited:
Parents are morons no wonder their racist offspring get in a lot of trouble. The hitler youth are luckily they just got sent home.

Parents are morons no wonder their racist offspring get in a lot of trouble. The hitler youth are luckily they just got sent home.

If these kids were indeed behaving in a racist manor, then they should have been suspended for that behavior, not for wearing the shirts, and the school should have never said it was "hateful, and disrespectful to wear an American flag shirt on a Mexican holiday."

That is behaving like a Nazi for sure.

Maybe the principle would have been better offf calling the trailer trash parents racist.
Most racists I know are minorities that use their race to get ahead in life because they do not have the qualifications to do the job.

You are a moron thinking they are racist. I wear an American Flag with the ten commandments on the front of it, what does that make me? I will answer for you oh clueless one, an American!!!

my2¢;2448763 said:

No it's the morons sending kids home from school for wearing American flags that are being ridiculously liberal. In the never ending effort to be PC and not offend a minority they offend 2 white kids, and tons of other people, by telling them and us all the flag on their shirt is hateful, and they can't wear it simply because it is a Mexican holiday that day. How would you people feel if Mexican kids were sent home from school on the 4th of July for wearing Mexican flags on their shirts? Not that that would ever happen.

Unbelievable

Yes, you are unbelievable. You mimic the ACLU's stance on the situation and then deny your liberal attitude on the matter.

http://www.aclunc.org/cases/other_legal_advocacy/asset_upload_file915_9139.pdf

What an inane and insulting remark...so when I wear my shirt with the flag on it on the 4th, I'm a racist? Keep in mind it also says "Protect our Borders" on the back and "No Amnesty, No Guest Workers" on the front. I will be surrounded by my family and friends which include immigrants from Germany, Thailand, China, Kenya, etc....but of course, I'll be racist because I want our government to Protect our Borders and kick out the illegals instead of granting them amnesty, a slap in the face to my friends and family who came here legally and much worse to our family friends and my brother's mother in law who were NEVER allowed to come here at all and didn't break into our country.

my2¢;2450156 said:
my2¢;2448763 said:

Unbelievable

Yes, you are unbelievable. You mimic the ACLU's stance on the situation and then deny your liberal attitude on the matter.

The aclu wrote a letter, they aren't representing the boys, my guess is they wouldn't, this isn't their type of case.

The really stupid people are the hispanic students who were all upset and said, "We wouldn't wear the Mexican flag to school on the 4th of July." 2 things wrong with that, number one, Cinco De Mayo celebrations were started by a beer company in America, it has nothing to do with Mexico's Independence day and Two, there is no school on July 4th.

my2¢;2450156 said:

Unbelievable

The aclu wrote a letter, they aren't representing the boys, my guess is they wouldn't, this isn't their type of case.

The really stupid people are the hispanic students who were all upset and said, "We wouldn't wear the Mexican flag to school on the 4th of July." 2 things wrong with that, number one, Cinco De Mayo celebrations were started by a beer company in America, it has nothing to do with Mexico's Independence day and Two, there is no school on July 4th.

Of course it doesn't...it celebrates the Battle of Puebla.

Ask yourself this. Is that school going to ask student who where Mexican Flags on the 4h of July to leave?

I highly doubt it.

What is the world coming to when you are not allowed to wear your flags colors because of a holiday celebrating Mexican heritage. Please.

4th of July during Summer Vacation. Hello! (And the 4th is a legal holiday)

The good thing is it's not what you think that matters. The Mexican kids were apparently put off by the Arian nation kids.

The good thing is it's not what you think that matters. The Mexican kids were apparently put off by the Arian nation kids.

what the fuck loony tunes? Do you really still contend that you have an MBA? Because if you paid for a college education, you need to be down demanding a refund. You got ripped off.

what the fuck loony tunes? Do you really still contend that you have an MBA? Because if you paid for a college education, you need to be down demanding a refund. You got ripped off.

Do you still contend your not gay. You can't go a day without discussing gay sex you fudgepacker.

Do you still contend your not gay. You can't go a day without discussing gay sex you fudgepacker.

How odd that you would quote me and claim that I was talking about gay sex when in fact no mention of sex was made at all.................

You're quite possibly the stupidest person I have ever conversed with, and trust me friend, that is saying a LOT.

I'm not your friend Gaylord. The fact that you can't see wearing the flag on the Mexican holiday as offensive is actually funny to me.

Forum List

Back