students who couldn't wear usa flag tshirts are suing!

Legally yes, morally I would love those skinheads to get the dogshit beat out of them.

Do you have anything beyond your personal racism to indicate that these children were skinheads? Does that include the Hispanic student also? Hispanic skinheads is a new one on me.

GilroyDispatch.com | Families of Live Oak students sue school district over Cinco de Mayo incident

This is will be very interesting. hope the school and principal get smacked back into reality

Good for them. They will win and without the help of the ACLU.

The ACLU would have been all over this had mexicans been sent home for wearing a mexican flag shirt.

Google is your friend (especially when it helps prevent you from making an ass of yourself). :thup:

Re: Live Oak High School censorship on May 5, 2010

They wrote a letter, yeah that was a BIG help.

GilroyDispatch.com | Families of Live Oak students sue school district over Cinco de Mayo incident

This is will be very interesting. hope the school and principal get smacked back into reality

I will never understand this mentality other than that it's greed. If these parents have a problem with the principal then get him fired, many ways to do that. Don't bankrupt the school district!!

Umm, you know I've had legal grounds to sue the school district and have not done so because the taxpayers are the only ones who end up paying. In this case, I think the parents are right...they are not suing for a nominal amount and the court costs. Had the school district fired those in charge, this would not be necessary. Trust me, if the school district itself refuses to get rid of someone, your only recourse is through the courts.

This school district and more importantly, those Hispanic students, need to learn that this is America.

I will never understand this mentality other than that it's greed. If these parents have a problem with the principal then get him fired, many ways to do that. Don't bankrupt the school district!!

Have you ever tried to get a public school official fired?

I sit on our local school board, and youi are correct, it's virtually impossible.

Hey...white trash isn't so bad....they know how to do things with Velveeta I never thought possible :)

I think that liquidy cheese in a glass jar is what the white trash is into now. Ironicly. it can be found in many "Mexican" dishes.

Have you ever tried to get a public school official fired?

Are you saying it's hard to fire a principal? :lol::lol::lol:

Good for them. They will win and without the help of the ACLU.

The ACLU would have been all over this had mexicans been sent home for wearing a mexican flag shirt.

Google is your friend (especially when it helps prevent you from making an ass of yourself). :thup:

Re: Live Oak High School censorship on May 5, 2010

I wondered about the ACLU. Thanks for that. Hopefully they will file an amicus brief on it.

The school district has no money, the entire state is broke.

Well if the original ijit had checked the article, they aren't going for monetary damages, so that argument is moot.

Forum List

Back