stay classy, barack

del is right. That was not supposed to be a photo op.

If the President didn't approve of it in advance, he should clonk the asshole on the noggin who is responsible for it.

On the other hand, it sure looks like he was just offering a salute.

And, I agree also that the image doesn't depict any of the caskets.

Personally, I'd like to believe the President isn't quite that crass. And if he isn't responsible for it, then it's a relatively small matter.

Last edited:
Actually, he's not. I don't see any caskets, I see the CIC saluting fallen soldiers..

...oh, and WHOLE lot of partisan HACKERY on this board...

See my: Why America is Fucked thread...:cool:

read the thread, thats been covered and I find that disingenuous in any case.

Just because you find it disingenuous doesn't mean it is....

yeaaa I kind of do, please refer back to the OP and the verbiage in the link. Even having the WH Photog there was a no go from the git go, hence.....

If the President didn't approve of it in advance, he should clonk the asshole on the noggin who is responsible for it.

Personally, I'd like to believe the President isn't quite that crass. And if he isn't responsible for it, then it's a relatively small matter.

yes but that matters little...

from the OP link;

despite the Pentagon's claim that any public depiction of the scene would violate the wishes of bereaved families.

News media coverage of the ceremony had been banned by the Pentagon over the objections of several news organizations.

Pentagon officials had said that because 19 of 30 of the American families of the dead had objected to media coverage of the remains coming off a plane at Dover Air Force Base, no images could be taken. In addition, the Pentagon rejected media requests to take photos that showed officials at the ceremony but did not depict caskets.

are you guys really getting bent out of shape because a civilian may not have done a 100% by the regs proper salute?

the horror! he chose to show respect but didn't do it absolutely correct! crass summabitch! impeach! impeach!

The White House photo:

Dover%20obama.jpg

Looks like he's waving. Inappropriate.

And to anyone who has served a day in their life it looks like he's raising a salute. Because that's what the fuck he's doing.

Twat.

from the OP link;

despite the Pentagon's claim that any public depiction of the scene would violate the wishes of bereaved families.

News media coverage of the ceremony had been banned by the Pentagon over the objections of several news organizations.

Pentagon officials had said that because 19 of 30 of the American families of the dead had objected to media coverage of the remains coming off a plane at Dover Air Force Base, no images could be taken. In addition, the Pentagon rejected media requests to take photos that showed officials at the ceremony but did not depict caskets.

I get that. But still, I think the President absolutely OUGHT to have been there and I am gratified that he was.

I don't care for it being turned into a photo op, but I frankly don't care all that much because it does serve as "journalistic" proof that he attended.

There's plenty (in my view) to criticize this President about. But if he didn't direct that the image be taken or released (especially for cheap political reasons), then I still have no real problem with this whole thing. And in that case, it seems a bit unfair to criticize him for this, too.

I'd be irked if people took shots at President Bush over something like this, so I can't say I think it's ok as long as it's being leveled at President Obama.

either he or his handlers are real fucking assholes for doing this, imo.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A White House photographer was allowed to take and widely distribute a photo from the ceremony Tuesday for the return of the remains of 30 American troops killed in a weekend helicopter crash in Afghanistan despite the Pentagon's claim that any public depiction of the scene would violate the wishes of bereaved families.
President Barack Obama attended the ceremony, called a "dignified transfer," for those killed in the worst single loss of the nearly 10-year war. An official White House photo of a saluting Obama was distributed to news media and published widely. It also was posted on the White House website as the "Photo of the Day." It showed Obama and other officials in silhouette and did not depict caskets.

White House photo sparks protest - Yahoo! News

Obama will probably use it as a campaign op because the loser's silloette is on it. Pathetic.

I get that. But still, I think the President absolutely OUGHT to have been there and I am gratified that he was.

absolutely ..

yes and no, he is responsible, the person who let them take the pic is to blame.

agreed.

from the OP link;

I don't care for it being turned into a photo op, but I frankly don't care all that much because it does serve as "journalistic" proof that he attended.

There's plenty (in my view) to criticize this President about. But if he didn't direct that the image be taken or released (especially for cheap political reasons), then I still have no real problem with this whole thing. And in that case, it seems a bit unfair to criticize him for this, too.

I'd be irked if people took shots at President Bush over something like this, so I can't say I think it's ok as long as it's being leveled at President Obama.

I agree to an extent, yet remember that he made a big deal of pulling bushs no pic rule then went and had propagandized his visit....now?

and thats not entirely my focus, I want to see what the media does with this, they DID hammer bush mercilessly over any and all chances that came up for exactly this type of thing, I await their outrage.

Last edited:

from the OP link;

stellar post...

Actually dumbfuck, his hand should be touching his eyebrow. There should not be a gap between his hand and head, some drill Sgt would've taught him that but he didn't do a minute in the military like you.

Looks like he's waving. Inappropriate.

He's saluting. Obviously. Congrats, cons. You're a bunch of petty, whining ass-wipes. :clap2:

actually, you have no idea if his hand is on its way up or down.

dismissed

didn't you guys throw a fit when there were no pictures?

now it's a big deal that there is a picture without caskets?

what would make you happy?

no, i didn't. i've seen more than enough caskets in my time

if his staff had paid attention to the wishes of the families, that would have been a good start. not using the occasion for politicking would have been another one.

Actually, cock-stain, maybe the picture was taken mid-salute. Didn't think of that, did you? Get back to me when you're done being a whiny pussy and you want to talk about something that'sactually important.

You can climb back in his lap now.

If pointing out to some partisan ass-hat that the picture is of Obama saluting - not Obama doing the Nazi salute or waving - means that I'm an ass kisser, then fine, I'm an ass kisser. But at least I'm not a petty, whiny, asshole.

link?

Actually, cock-stain, maybe the picture was taken mid-salute. Didn't think of that, did you? Get back to me when you're done being a whiny pussy and you want to talk about something that'sactually important.

You can climb back in his lap now.

If pointing out to some partisan ass-hat that the picture is of Obama saluting - not Obama doing the Nazi salute or waving - means that I'm an ass kisser, then fine, I'm an ass kisser. But at least I'm not a petty, whiny, asshole.

Didn't you really want to post "But at least I'm pretty much a whiny asshole"? :eusa_whistle:

either he or his handlers are real fucking assholes for doing this, imo.

when shrub was president, one of the big objections to his policies was his imbecilic refusal to allow the caskets of dead soldiers to be photographed b/c he didn't want the real cost of his war of choice to be publicized.

when president obama took office, that policy was officially ended....

i don't give a rat's ass what bush did or what the policy was purported to be.

the FAMILIES did NOT want photographers. you know, the people whose loved ones died?

the pentagon banned the media because the FAMILIES did not want photos of the scene. i think it redefines reprehensible to then go and take pictures, put them on the WH web site, and then release them to the media for publication.

No, it wasn't a joke. He is not saluting.... at least not according to the US Army Basic Customs and Courtesies.

he was clearly moving his hand into or out of the salute.

anything else you want to pick at while you're being "fair and balanced"?

just wondering... because you seem to have gone over the edge a bit this week, thelma. you feeling stressed and looking for things to have faux-rage about?

I'm not outraged, mo chara. I am simply commenting - just like everyone else... unless the rules have changed and I am not allowed to comment as I see fit?

If they are gonna release an image.... and I disagree with the releasing of any of these images - no matter who the President is... then they should ensure that they get it right. It may not seem a big deal but it is a respect thing. If the President salutes, he should know how to salute... and the photographer should know which is an appropriate image... and that image should be the correct, US Army salute.

I'm anal like that.... this is about respect - not politics.

Yeah I responded to that before I read 3 freakin pages of people complaining that he's either 'Not saluting right,' or possibly is actually doing a clandestine Nazi salute.

Is there no low to which you won't stoop? Is there any opportunity for criticism that can go unrealized? Can Obama do anything that meets to your approval?

Get bent, the whole goofy lot of ya.:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back