stay classy, barack

I really don't understand why this picture is forbidden. Yes, I get that it is forbidden.

But if I gave my life for my country I would want someone to know that the president saluted me for it. It would be a honor.

they don't care that the picture was released... they care that it is this president in the picture

boring, really.

The White House photo:

Dover%20obama.jpg

Looks like he's waving. Inappropriate.

My thought was he was about to high five someone.

You guys that are criticizing his salute are dishonoring the dead.

What a bunch of sickos.

It's the lack of consistancy.

He's never bothered to go before.
He won't put his hand over his heart during the Anthem
and I have yet to see him salute anything else.

He's using KIA soldiers to score political points. Now that's sick.

What a bunch of sickos.

He's been before. Why don't you quit being so butthurt and be honest for once in your life?

You're using dead soldiers to bash Obama.

Piss off.

I disagree with many of President Obama's past actions and policies, but I think it is dishonorable to fabricate stories about him, perpetuate urban legends or tell other lies about him or anyone else simply "to score political points. Now that's sick." snopes.com: Left-Handed Salute

Christians know it is a violation of the Ten Commandments to lie. Let's stick to the facts please.

Google has many examples of the CiC saluting and putting his hand on his heart for the National Anthem. :
obama-salute.jpg

Obama%2Bsalute%2B3.jpg

091029_obama_salute_ap_392_regular-792947.jpg

slideshow_1002216195_APTOPIX_Obama_Gates.JPEG-00.JPG

I disagree with many of President Obama's past actions and policies, but I think it is dishonorable to fabricate stories about him, perpetuate urban legends or tell other lies about him or anyone else simply "to score political points. Now that's sick." snopes.com: Left-Handed Salute

Christians know it is a violation of the Ten Commandments to lie. Let's stick to the facts please.

Google has many examples of the CiC saluting and putting his hand on his heart for the National Anthem. :
obama-salute.jpg

Obama%2Bsalute%2B3.jpg

091029_obama_salute_ap_392_regular-792947.jpg

slideshow_1002216195_APTOPIX_Obama_Gates.JPEG-00.JPG

thanks

fyi; I wasn't lying, that is the first time I've seen such pics.

What a bunch of sickos.

He's been before. Why don't you quit being so butthurt and be honest for once in your life?

You're using dead soldiers to bash Obama.

Piss off.

When?

I've never heard of him going.

I always see pols going to see the dead as a bullshit thing to publically do. It's never impressed me. B/c they don't go unless there are cameras.

I had a shipmate get killed. They buried him where his family had lived for his whole life, not even the mayor bothered.

So it's bullshit for him, Bush, etc to go, unless they go sans cameras and media.

thanks

fyi; I wasn't lying, that is the first time I've seen such pics.

No problem. Not saying you were. Just pointing out there is a lot of misinformation going around by people who are lying, fabricating and using deceitful practices for political reasons. This goes on both sides as we all saw during the Bush years. It seems that the party which isn't in power generates the most misinformation.

When?

I always see pols going to see the dead as a bullshit thing to publically do. It's never impressed me. B/c they don't go unless there are cameras.

I had a shipmate get killed. They buried him where his family had lived for his whole life, not even the mayor bothered.

So it's bullshit for him, Bush, etc to go, unless they go sans cameras and media.

Sorry to hear about your shipmate. I've lost several myself. Never saw any politicians at the services.

While I'm not so cynical as to believe any person sitting as President and Commander in Chief would use dead heroes as a jumping board for political reasons, I'm realistic enough to know that if they do attend, their "handlers"/PR folks will want to put it on display. In addition, the Press Corps, which follows politicians around like dogs following a truckload of Liver Snaps hoping for a big story, also want to view anything attended by a politician. Did you notice the uproar by the Press when they were denied being able to go to Dover AFB?

The CiC has been to Dover before. This is from October 2009.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4X5SY4aH4g]Pres. Obama at Dover AFB Honors Fallen Soldiers - YouTube[/ame]

I really don't understand why this picture is forbidden. Yes, I get that it is forbidden.

But if I gave my life for my country I would want someone to know that the president saluted me for it. It would be a honor.

they don't care that the picture was released... they care that it is this president in the picture

boring, really.

ch1i;ouwhfi781wtcfo? tepamn fyutopa, nmvcfapebmdfju!...gsiuepam rightz? :rolleyes:

:lol:

When?

Sorry to hear about your shipmate. I've lost several myself. Never saw any politicians at the services.

While I'm not so cynical as to believe any person sitting as President and Commander in Chief would use dead heroes as a jumping board for political reasons, I'm realistic enough to know that if they do attend, their "handlers"/PR folks will want to put it on display. In addition, the Press Corps, which follows politicians around like dogs following a truckload of Liver Snaps hoping for a big story, also want to view anything attended by a politician. Did you notice the uproar by the Press when they were denied being able to go to Dover AFB?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4X5SY4aH4g]Pres. Obama at Dover AFB Honors Fallen Soldiers - YouTube[/ame]

yes we are aware, it was mentioned 8 times, thank you.

When?

yes we are aware, it was mentioned 8 times, thank you.

He posted it for TT, who is a little slow and only sees what he wishes to see.

Just because you find it disingenuous doesn't mean it is....

yeaaa I kind of do, please refer back to the OP and the verbiage in the link. Even having the WH Photog there was a no go from the git go, hence.....

According to who (a WH photographer there from the get go). Nobody gets to tell the CIC what he can or can't do with regard to soldiers. He is their boss. If it was some big parade, sure. It is a silhouette - nothing more, nothing less and no big deal. Get over yourself...much ado about nothing...unless you're a partisan hack...

I see, so he can/will refuse to abide by the wishes of the families because, HE CAN?

you're definition or description of the picture as in its set up, silhouette, etc. has zero to do with this, that is an argument in mitigation, the photo should never have been taken.

Now, if they had planned to take one and keep it for archival purposes, I really don't have an issue with it, but again, my opinion is not germane and it didn't work out that way, that is why it would have been best if he had just gone along with the wishes of the families. yes?

Last edited:
It is not a salute, it is a lame attempt at one.

Was he afraid of his hand messing up the make-up on his head? Probably....

There is virtually nothing I like or respect about Obama, but I do respect the office he holds. The lameness here though is in taking shots at Barry's salute to our fallen warriors. I've seen him snap off enough salutes getting on/off Marine 1 that it's clear someone taught him how to properly execute one.

This pic, like all pics, represents a moment frozen in time in which his hand was either nearing its proper position, or it had been there and Obama was in the process of bringing it down afterwards.

Forum List

Back