stay classy, barack

either he or his handlers are real fucking assholes for doing this, imo.

when shrub was president, one of the big objections to his policies was his imbecilic refusal to allow the caskets of dead soldiers to be photographed b/c he didn't want the real cost of his war of choice to be publicized.

when president obama took office, that policy was officially ended....

i don't give a rat's ass what bush did or what the policy was purported to be.

the FAMILIES did NOT want photographers. you know, the people whose loved ones died?

the pentagon banned the media because the FAMILIES did not want photos of the scene. i think it redefines reprehensible to then go and take pictures, put them on the WH web site, and then release them to the media for publication.
Who is the communications director? I have a feeling this is on him/her.

They could have easily released a story that he attended without the photo.

He could have. Just like he released a story about his birth certificate. Some people require proof.

and some people would honor the express wishes of the families regardless of what some tubthumper in east bumfuck thinks.

obviously, mr obama is not one of those people

when shrub was president, one of the big objections to his policies was his imbecilic refusal to allow the caskets of dead soldiers to be photographed b/c he didn't want the real cost of his war of choice to be publicized.

when president obama took office, that policy was officially ended....

i don't give a rat's ass what bush did or what the policy was purported to be.

the FAMILIES did NOT want photographers. you know, the people whose loved ones died?

the pentagon banned the media because the FAMILIES did not want photos of the scene. i think it redefines reprehensible to then go and take pictures, put them on the WH web site, and then release them to the media for publication.
Who is the communications director? I have a feeling this is on him/her.

i don't know, elvis. the initial decision was obviously not taken by obama, but someone on his staff should have had the brains to prevent the publication of the picture. i don't care if it's part of the pres archive or whatever, but to go against the wishes of the families really pisses me off.

he was clearly moving his hand into or out of the salute.

anything else you want to pick at while you're being "fair and balanced"?

just wondering... because you seem to have gone over the edge a bit this week, thelma. you feeling stressed and looking for things to have faux-rage about?

I'm not outraged, mo chara. I am simply commenting - just like everyone else... unless the rules have changed and I am not allowed to comment as I see fit?

If they are gonna release an image.... and I disagree with the releasing of any of these images - no matter who the President is... then they should ensure that they get it right. It may not seem a big deal but it is a respect thing. If the President salutes, he should know how to salute... and the photographer should know which is an appropriate image... and that image should be the correct, US Army salute.

I'm anal like that.... this is about respect - not politics.

Yeah I responded to that before I read 3 freakin pages of people complaining that he's either 'Not saluting right,' or possibly is actually doing a clandestine Nazi salute.

Is there no low to which you won't stoop? Is there any opportunity for criticism that can go unrealized? Can Obama do anything that meets to your approval?

Get bent, the whole goofy lot of ya.:eusa_hand:

For the record.... I said it LOOKS like he's waving. And I said it was 'inappropriate'. I didn't say it was inappropriate for any other reason than it LOOKS like he is waving. If they are gonna release a picture.... it should be the right picture. One where he is actually saluting.... not 'on the way up' or 'on the way down' but the actual salute. That is appropriate for an image of this magnitude.

I fail to see how that is anything other than a comment... but trust the whiners to create something from nothing.

I'm not outraged, mo chara. I am simply commenting - just like everyone else... unless the rules have changed and I am not allowed to comment as I see fit?

If they are gonna release an image.... and I disagree with the releasing of any of these images - no matter who the President is... then they should ensure that they get it right. It may not seem a big deal but it is a respect thing. If the President salutes, he should know how to salute... and the photographer should know which is an appropriate image... and that image should be the correct, US Army salute.

I'm anal like that.... this is about respect - not politics.

Yeah I responded to that before I read 3 freakin pages of people complaining that he's either 'Not saluting right,' or possibly is actually doing a clandestine Nazi salute.

Is there no low to which you won't stoop? Is there any opportunity for criticism that can go unrealized? Can Obama do anything that meets to your approval?

Get bent, the whole goofy lot of ya.:eusa_hand:

For the record.... I said it LOOKS like he's waving. And I said it was 'inappropriate'. I didn't say it was inappropriate for any other reason than it LOOKS like he is waving. If they are gonna release a picture.... it should be the right picture. One where he is actually saluting.... not 'on the way up' or 'on the way down' but the actual salute. That is appropriate for an image of this magnitude.

I fail to see how that is anything other than a comment... but trust the whiners to create something from nothing.

No, unless you are being a partisan douche rag (or in your case just being yourself) it LOOKS like he's raising a salute.

Perhaps I am insensitive, but I don't see the big fuss here. Plus, it didn't show the caskets which took into the feelings of most of the families.

Additionally, I am not keen on the idea that the Pentagon can ban the media, given the Pentagon's history.

Plus, we are at war. If we cannot handle pictures of caskets, then what business do we even have in waging a war? This seems like a good indicator that maybe it is time to wrap up and get out of the ME. If we don't, then only more American bodies will be shipped back here in caskets.

He could have. Just like he released a story about his birth certificate. Some people require proof.

and some people would honor the express wishes of the families regardless of what some tubthumper in east bumfuck thinks.

I'm not sure how a silhouetted picture of him in a hangar of some sort with a bunch of other people saluting proves anything anyway. If that was the purpose of taking the picture, it sure failed to deliver. I'm not saying I want a picture of him with the caskets or anything, but if that's the rationale, it's pretty damn retarded.

Was it the express wishes of the families that a single photo of the CiC and his staff rendering honors not be published?

This?

Dover%20obama.jpg

Sorry, but it doesn't matter to me if it was President Bush, Obama or Palin. I fail to see the problem here except for bunch of partisanship bickering. You know, business as usual in the Good Ol' USA political scene these days.

read the thread, thats been covered and I find that disingenuous in any case.

Just because you find it disingenuous doesn't mean it is....

yeaaa I kind of do, please refer back to the OP and the verbiage in the link. Even having the WH Photog there was a no go from the git go, hence.....

According to who (a WH photographer there from the get go). Nobody gets to tell the CIC what he can or can't do with regard to soldiers. He is their boss. If it was some big parade, sure. It is a silhouette - nothing more, nothing less and no big deal. Get over yourself...much ado about nothing...unless you're a partisan hack...

I really don't understand why this picture is forbidden. Yes, I get that it is forbidden.

But if I gave my life for my country I would want someone to know that the president saluted me for it. It would be a honor.

This is a little off.

I'm glad he went to pay his respects, I'd be even happier if he did it on a regular basis.

But he doesn't, so this is a crass attempt to win political point.

the saluting part really wants to make me vomit on him.

Forum List

Back