State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Status
Not open for further replies.
A LOT of gay people are actually business owners too. The laws apply to them too, regardless of how they might feel about straight people or religious people. The applies to everyone the same. You cannot discriminate based upon race, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation. That pretty much covers everyone, I think.
Sort of a simple analysis there. If they only wanted to make gay wedding cakes, God bless them, why not? It should be up to them, not the government.

That applies to your personal life, yes. Not with your business practice.
Why? Who owns the business?

It doesn't matter. You STILL have to follow the laws. I can own a business, I can choose my product, I can choose what type of business I am going to be involved in, but I cannot discriminate against certain groups of American citizens. They ARE American citizens, not considered better or less than me when it comes to my business.

In your personal life, you can refuse to associate with whomever you wish. You can hate them. You can go online and rant about them. You can call them names, etc. Whatever floats your boat, but you cannot carry that over into your business practice. This was determined a LONG time ago by the SC.
Cool, so now we are going to FINALLY hear the SCOTUS decision that made all those state PA laws unnecessary. I can't wait for your cite.

A LOT of gay people are actually business owners too. The laws apply to them too, regardless of how they might feel about straight people or religious people. The applies to everyone the same. You cannot discriminate based upon race, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation. That pretty much covers everyone, I think.
Sort of a simple analysis there. If they only wanted to make gay wedding cakes, God bless them, why not? It should be up to them, not the government.

If a straight couple came in, they would have to serve them a "gay" wedding cake, whatever the heck THAT means! :lol: Cake is cake.

That's exactly the point, it doesn't matter a damn who owns it, the business is required to operate under the same rules for that form of business. Nice eh?
Where in the Constitution is sexual preference protected like race, religion or gender? I'll wait.

They are tax-paying American citizens. Why do you feel they should be discriminated against is the question.

If a straight couple came in, they would have to serve them a "gay" wedding cake, whatever the heck THAT means! :lol: Cake is cake.
No, a wedding cake is unique. Go look at pictures. You avoided the point though, why shouldn't someone be allowed to only make cakes for gays? And where is prevented in the Constitution?

That's exactly the point, it doesn't matter a damn who owns it, the business is required to operate under the same rules for that form of business. Nice eh?
Where in the Constitution is sexual preference protected like race, religion or gender? I'll wait.

They are tax-paying American citizens. Why do you feel they should be discriminated against is the question.
You can't answer my question.

No, a wedding cake is unique. Go look at pictures. You avoided the point though, why shouldn't someone be allowed to only make cakes for gays? And where is prevented in the Constitution?

It's prevented in state's anti-discrimination laws regarding business practice. It is in the constitution that states do indeed have a right to set rules and regulations for how you operate a business in their states. That is the reason why you must have a permit to operate a business.

The government doesn't see a difference between a gay person's money and a straight person's money or a gay cake and a straight cake. :D
The government shouldn't if it owns the business.

That is why anti-discrimination laws exist. Such things just put a cluster fuck into business matters. The state would have to take on NUMEROUS problems due to discrimination issues regarding business. Instead, we make it fair for everyone and treat everyone the same. It's only common sense, after all.

You are still free to feel anyway you choose and you are free to not open a business if you don't think you can abide by the laws in your state. Or you can try to get around the law, that's your problem.

Gender isn't in there, and neither is disability, veteran status, or a host of other things we use in the law to protect people from being treated unfairly. Toaster ovens aren't in their either but we have laws regulating them...

It's prevented in state's anti-discrimination laws regarding business practice. It is in the constitution that states do indeed have a right to set rules and regulations for how you operate a business in their states. That is the reason why you must have a permit to operate a business.
It isn't in the Constitution, no one said some states don't have the laws to make sexual orientation a protected class. The point was they are added for that reason. Jesus Christ!

Government interference in the personal pursuit of happiness in your own personal life if you are a gay person is A-OK, but don't you DARE tell me I can't discriminate against them in my business dealings. :D Lol. Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back