State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your personal life, you can refuse to associate with whomever you wish. You can hate them. You can go online and rant about them. You can call them names, etc. Whatever floats your boat, but you cannot carry that over into your business practice. This was determined a LONG time ago by the SC.

Doing business is your personal life. Selling pencils never made you government's bitch
I understand that you don't like PA laws and wish they were repealed. Correct?

Hmm. I'm going to go with yes on that one...

Let us assume for a moment that you are a 450 pound obese old man who smells because he cannot wash himself properly. That disgusts me. Do I have the right to not serve you in my business because of that disgust?

Yes, you shoild have that right.
Ok, fair enough. How about rejecting a customer because of their religion?

That works, you can kick the assess of all the Christians and Jews out of your business you want to
Not with current PA laws I can't. I would be taken to court very very quickly. And I would lose.

Maybe not, the courts don't give a shit about Christians or Jews. Now if it's a Muslim we're talking...

In your personal life, you can refuse to associate with whomever you wish. You can hate them. You can go online and rant about them. You can call them names, etc. Whatever floats your boat, but you cannot carry that over into your business practice. This was determined a LONG time ago by the SC.

Doing business is your personal life. Selling pencils never made you government's bitch

No, it is not your personal life. There are laws and regulations set forth by each state that you must follow and that you agree to follow whenever you pen your name to the legal document known as a business permit.

Ah, OK, if I make a deal with someone to make a living I'm no longer free, I'm a slave to government. That makes sense, I get it now
You are a slave? You are FORCED to go into a certain business? You had no choice? You were FORCED to have a business in a specific state with specific PA laws? You had no choice? You are FORCED to quietly go along with laws? You're not allowed to vote for those who promise to repeal PA laws? You have no power of petition? You have no power to either join or start lobbying organizations to get such laws repealed?

I guess, if we look at it that way....you are also a slave to business safety and health laws too.

No, but it means you are now subject to their power to regulate. That is the real world, embrace it.
Yes, you are subject to the 1st Amendment's power to regulate. That's the real world, embrace it. :badgrin:

Sorry but Christians don't have to ingest another cult's dogma against their will: 1987's Gay Manifesto Then & Now. How Much of it Rings True Today? | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

PA laws are sacrosanct and cannot even be questioned.

If you suspect that someone is violating a PA law, you must drop what you're doing and sprint to the nearest police station to report it. You do NOT have a choice. It's a law, fer cryin' out loud.

Immigration laws, yeah, they're kinda squishy.

:laugh:

Gender isn't in there, and neither is disability, veteran status, or a host of others we use in the law to protect people from being treated unfair. Toaster ovens aren't in their either but we laws regulating them...
Toaster ovens don't own businesses, people do. Your point is that government can do anything it wants, regardless of the Constitution. It's purpose is to restrict government from trampling on our freedoms. Liberals invent laws to do exactly that. Freedom vs. tyranny.
Incorrect. In fact, PA laws have had their Constitutionality challenged. Guess what happened.

Government decided they have any fucking power they want and they can do anything they fucking want to because it's up to government what their powers are.

Am I right?
Let me ask you...what are you ACTIVELY doing to get PA laws off the books? Because there IS a way. You can vote for those who promise to repeal such laws. You can run yourself for office. You can petition. You can help fund organizations who lobby to get such laws repealed. You can start such an organization if you wish. All those avenues are open to you.

Let us assume for a moment that you are a 450 pound obese old man who smells because he cannot wash himself properly. That disgusts me. Do I have the right to not serve you in my business because of that disgust?

That works, you can kick the assess of all the Christians and Jews out of your business you want to
Not with current PA laws I can't. I would be taken to court very very quickly. And I would lose.

Maybe not, the courts don't give a shit about Christians or Jews. Now if it's a Muslim we're talking...

Sure they do. Try to say you won't serve Christians or Jews. Try it. Make a public announcement on Twitter and FB.

Gender isn't in there, and neither is disability, veteran status, or a host of others we use in the law to protect people from being treated unfair. Toaster ovens aren't in their either but we laws regulating them...
Toaster ovens don't own businesses, people do. Your point is that government can do anything it wants, regardless of the Constitution. It's purpose is to restrict government from trampling on our freedoms. Liberals invent laws to do exactly that. Freedom vs. tyranny.
Incorrect. In fact, PA laws have had their Constitutionality challenged. Guess what happened.

Government decided they have any fucking power they want and they can do anything they fucking want to because it's up to government what their powers are.

Am I right?
No, you are not, and you sound like a whiny schoolgirl. Grow up please, the government does just not do whatever the hell it likes...

"The courts don't give a shit about Christians or Jews".............where do you get that from?

As I said, the laws are ADDED in state law, more recently including sexual orientation, because the Constitution doesn't demand business owners to be blind to it. There would be no need or use for state PA laws if it were a constitutional matter.

No, but it means you are now subject to their power to regulate. That is the real world, embrace it.
Yes, you are subject to the 1st Amendment's power to regulate. That's the real world, embrace it. :badgrin:

Sorry but Christians don't have to ingest another cult's dogma against their will: 1987's Gay Manifesto Then & Now. How Much of it Rings True Today? | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
"The First Amendment's power to regulate"? Where in the 1st Amendment is there any power to regulate expressed?

FIRST AMENDMENT:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The fact of the matter is, most of the people of working age, who are tax-paying American citizens want to see gay people treated like anyone else. Let's put an end to this nonsense once and for all. What they do in the privacy of their bedrooms, is their own business. You do not have a right to discriminate against them because of that. Their sex is not harmful to you. They are just people who live their lives like anyone else and just want to be able to go to a store after a day of working and pick up whatever without fear of being singled out because the store owner may be aware of the fact that this person is a homosexual or whatever other silly reason one can come up with.

If you suspect that someone is violating a PA law, you must drop what you're doing and sprint to the nearest police station to report it. You do NOT have a choice. It's a law, fer cryin' out loud.

FIrst of all, who has stated that that is true? Second of all, PA law violations are not reported to police stations......:lol:

As I said, the laws are ADDED in state law, more recently including sexual orientation, because the Constitution doesn't demand business owners to be blind to it. There would be no need or use for state PA laws if it were a constitutional matter.
So..if you believe that your state PA law is no longer Constitutional, challenge it in court with a law suit.

FIrst of all, who has stated that that is true? Second of all, PA law violations are not reported to police stations......:lol:
Because the "offended" party must report the offense.

There aren't police officers stationed in every business waiting for a PA law to broken. Someone must choose to report it.

You know that, right?

There aren't police officers stationed in every business waiting for a PA law to broken. Someone must choose to report it.

You know that, right?
You don't go to the police, Mac. It's a civil offense.

You know that, right?
No..the offended party does not HAVE TO report the offense. But, if it were me and I know that a business owner broke the law by refusing to serve me....I would report it. I'm not a "turn the other cheek" kind of gal. Nor am I too lazy or too frightened to stand up for my rights.

You know that, right?
No..the offended party does not HAVE TO report the offense. But, if it were me and I know that a business owner broke the law by refusing to serve me....I would report it. I'm not a "turn the other cheek" kind of gal. Nor am I too lazy or too frightened to stand up for my rights.
I'll certainly defer to you on that.

I have no doubt you know precisely how to see to it that someone who has "offended" you is punished for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back