Sports betting Thread

I Put a small bet on the Bengals at 30 to 1 odds to win this game tonight. Why not?

Lol 😂 looks like it’s all Baltimore

I had bet UNDER on that game. Saw it going over and Bet Big on BALT to win OVER 43.5 and recovered to break even status. It is hard work to bet these games. Just because your Bet is in........well, you may not be done for the evening. AND I don't have Amazon. I could montor some of it streaming thru fanduel by phone....until it quit. Then use game tracker.

I had bet UNDER on that game. Saw it going over and Bet Big on BALT to win OVER 43.5 and recovered to break even status. It is hard work to bet these games. Just because your Bet is in........well, you may not be done for the evening. AND I don't have Amazon. I could montor some of it streaming thru fanduel by phone....until it quit. Then use game tracker.
What was the odds on the live bet something like -120?

I know there’s all sorts of ways to watch the game if you type in NFLstream on Google quite a few things for Papa. But it’s best to do it on the computer because there’s all sorts of ads that pop up if you do it on the cell phone.

Don’t use any spaces when typing an NFL stream on google by the way.

I have over $1100 on NFL, NBA, NHL teams to win the championship. I keep telling myself to stop making these longshot. That’s the numbers keep adding up lol.

I do have the Celtics, the bills, the Jaguars, the Mavericks and the Houston Texans in the NFL and NBA I like those bets all the other ones are super long shots

Of course as a local citizen in Buffalo I have bets on the bills + sabres. The Sabres look awful or at least don’t look that good yet again it’s been about 15 years since they made the playoffs. The bills now apparently only have a 33% chance to make the playoffs. shocking from the bills. Nobody expected this. We still have to face the Cowboys, the Eagles and the Chiefs.

I do like my bet on the Anaheim ducks and Detroit Red Wings in the NHL. They are kind of a longshot, but they’re playing well for now.

What was the odds on the live bet something like -120?

I know there’s all sorts of ways to watch the game if you type in NFLstream on Google quite a few things for Papa. But it’s best to do it on the computer because there’s all sorts of ads that pop up if you do it on the cell phone.

Don’t use any spaces when typing an NFL stream on google by the way.

The live bet was -310, $30 bet to collect back $39.68 total.

There was a window to win both, UNDER 46 and the OVER 43.5 but it would have taken a different type game.

It ended 54 points. 9 or 10 points less would have hit both?

I was using the fanduel thing on the phone....top left said streaming. First time I noticed it worked to "live" action.

I do have the Celtics, the bills, the Jaguars, the Mavericks and the Houston Texans

Bet on HOU is interesting. They look really good. Maybe suspect on Defense?
Jaguars got smoked by SF? Maybe they are saving it all for the end of season run?

I took UNDER 47 on BILLS DENVER>go lucky and won it. I had no idea DENVER would score more than 10-17 points. I still believed in the BILLS to win it 30-10. Then the game happened? Now I don't know?

Last edited:
Bet on HOU is interesting. They look really good. Maybe suspect on Defense?
Jaguars got smoked by SF. But maybe they are saving it all for the endof season run?

I took UNDER 47 on BILLS DENVER>go lucky and won it. I had no idea DENVER would score more than 10-17 points. I still believed in the BILLS to win it 30-10. Then the game happened? Now I don't know?
It’s one of the suprising store lines of year with regards to the bills. I don’t know what’s going on with him could be some players having personal issues maybe.

The Texans are surprising people for the better. Their are rookie quarterback looks outstanding.

Good bet on the bills Texans btw

It’s one of the suprising store lines of year with regards to the bills. I don’t know what’s going on with him could be some players having personal issues maybe.

The Texans are surprising people for the better. Their are rookie quarterback looks outstanding.

Good bet on the bills Texans btw

I had edited the post above: I took it out. paste it here.

BTW: thanks for the TIP to check account each day. I used ODDS BOOST for bigger payback. Over $122 payout on a $10 bet BUFF@CIN. I took CIN to win both haves, CIN under 26.5pts, CIN to cover -1.5. Felt fortunate. ODDS boost went from +749 to +1122!

I had edited the post above: I took it out. paste it here.

BTW: thanks for the TIP to check account each day. I used ODDS BOOST for bigger payback. Over $122 payout on a $10 bet BUFF@CIN. I took CIN to win both haves, CIN under 26.5pts, CIN to cover -1.5. Felt fortunate. ODDS boost went from +749 to +1122!
It’s always helpful to check DraftKings and fan duel each day take advantage of the free bonus bets and profit boost for sure. But always look at the details and fine print of the offers.

And now you know not to cash out profit boost bets because u will lose the boost 👍

I’m trying to not bet any more individual games the rest of the year for the three sports NHL, NBA and NFL. Unless it’s free bonus bets or possibly 50 to 100% profit boosts and futures. I’m actually down about $800 betting sports this year. If the Arizona Diamondbacks would’ve won the World Series I would’ve been up 2500 but that’s how it goes. I’m up a few hundred since betting on FanDuel and DraftKings all together since 2021. But I’m also up some money from betting sports in Las Vegas when I was there last year for four months.

I have the Boston Celtics at about 8 to 1 odds instead of 3.81 to win it all… they look like a very tough team.

1700368918687.jpeg

This guy does prop bets, which is something I don’t think I’ve ever really done. But he’s got a positive track record …guy posts his bets on twitter apparently

Btw There’s a new sports betting company called “Underdog”. It’s an app you can download and they offer prop betting and fantasy betting. No traditional betting though. You can only bet on things like how many points or assists an individual player will get.

And the downside is you have to make a parlay, two bets minimum per bet. So no single bets. I’m probably not gonna do that. But there is a match up to $100 on your first deposit.

Won $376 today, and have a 3 team teaser still alive at +164, Need Philly to lose by a touchdown or less to cash that one. Most of my winnings came on the fantasy side ($234), because I had an amazing lineup:
-
QB- Brock Purdy
RB - Brian Robinson Jr.
RB - Rachad White
WR - Brandon Aiyuk
WR- Jake Reed
WR - Tyreek Hill
TE - Donald Parham Jr.
FLEX - David Montgomery
DEF - Packers

Score - 182.52

Won $376 today, and have a 3 team teaser still alive at +164, Need Philly to lose by a touchdown or less to cash that one. Most of my winnings came on the fantasy side ($234), because I had an amazing lineup:
-
QB- Brock Purdy
RB - Brian Robinson Jr.
RB - Rachad White
WR - Brandon Aiyuk
WR- Jake Reed
WR - Tyreek Hill
TE - Donald Parham Jr.
FLEX - David Montgomery
DEF - Packers

Score - 182.52
Thank you. I have not done fantasy football in a long time. Can you explain for laymen how fantasy football works on FanDuel.

Thank you. I have not done fantasy football in a long time. Can you explain for laymen how fantasy football works on FanDuel.
You have $60,000 to spend on your lineup every Sunday (or a "showdown" format on Thursday and Monday night, pick 6 players from both teams) The FLEX position can be anyone other than a defense or a QB, the other positions you fill wiithin their price. C.J., for example, used to be dirt cheap, but now he has moved into the third or fourth most expensive to play on a Sunday.

There are many ways to gamble on that lineup, you can do a 50/50 (top half win, double your money) to a quintuple up (1 out of 5 win, quintuple your entry fee) to head to heads (you versus someone you challenge, you pick the bet amount) to what most people look for, and that is tournaments. Hard to win at, but last week in the million dollar tournament my entry fee ($20) got me back $100. I'm happy if I double my money on the milly (million to 1st) because there are so many professionals using computer algorithms to build lineups.

You have $60,000 to spend on your lineup every Sunday (or a "showdown" format on Thursday and Monday night, pick 6 players from both teams) The FLEX position can be anyone other than a defense or a QB, the other positions you fill wiithin their price. C.J., for example, used to be dirt cheap, but now he has moved into the third or fourth most expensive to play on a Sunday.

There are many ways to gamble on that lineup, you can do a 50/50 (top half win, double your money) to a quintuple up (1 out of 5 win, quintuple your entry fee) to head to heads (you versus someone you challenge, you pick the bet amount) to what most people look for, and that is tournaments. Hard to win at, but last week in the million dollar tournament my entry fee ($20) got me back $100. I'm happy if I double my money on the milly (million to 1st) because there are so many professionals using computer algorithms to build lineups.
Ty…What are the buy in ranges?

Imagine there’s something like a 10% VIG?

By the way, I have downloaded the fantasy sports book. It looks interesting. Looks like the highest entry fee is $10,000.

One of my questions is is how does the format work. Meaning if I see that there’s a 10 player tournament for Thursday night football Do I have to sign up right away to have a chance at drafting the best players?

I see for example, that there are 100 person tournaments and there’s already 40 people in some …. Do those 40 people have the first opportunity to draft the best players? How does that work?

One of my questions is is how does the format work. Meaning if I see that there’s a 10 player tournament for Thursday night football Do I have to sign up right away to have a chance at drafting the best players?

I see for example, that there are 100 person tournaments and there’s already 40 people in some …. Do those 40 people have the first opportunity to draft the best players? How does that work?
"Fantasy" football is simply building a lineup of all available players during each week.

There is no "draft" on the weekly lineups, so evryone playing can have the same players, and same lineups. If you get the same score as others in your tournament you'll split your winnings. I've tied other players many times.

There is a fantasy side of football with a draft, but that not what I play. Click the "Fantasy" tab on Draftkings or Fanduel and then enter a tournament (or a double up, or a triple up, or any game you want to) and pick whatever players you want, you can all use the same players if you want, but ultimately you'll play a lower priced player, and the goal is to play players who will have a big game and play players that others are not playing.

"Fantasy" football is simply building a lineup of all available players during each week.

There is no "draft" on the weekly lineups, so evryone playing can have the same players, and same lineups. If you get the same score as others in your tournament you'll split your winnings. I've tied other players many times.

There is a fantasy side of football with a draft, but that not what I play. Click the "Fantasy" tab on Draftkings or Fanduel and then enter a tournament (or a double up, or a triple up, or any game you want to) and pick whatever players you want, you can all use the same players if you want, but ultimately you'll play a lower priced player, and the goal is to play players who will have a big game and play players that others are not playing.
Can you see which fanduel users are in each tournament before joining a tournament ?

How about this algorithm thing? Are these easy to access if one does a Google search for fantasy football algorithms?

Yea, you can see who is in the tournament, as far as the algorithm I don't know anything about them, there are things people pay for called "sims" that simulate game action and help you make picks but I don't pay for anything, just read and research.

I made one futures bet in college football, Michigan +800 to win the championship. This bet is on!
Good work I saw that they’re about 2 to 1 odds to win it all as of tonight. You could surely sell your bet and make some money now if you wanted to.

Seems like Georgia is going to be a tough team to get by.

Forum List

Back