Sports betting Thread

I had the Philadelphia Phillies to win today. But I cashed out the bet early in the game for a tiny loss.. just didn’t feel right about it. It worked out.

It can be a dangerous thing for those with addictive personalities. I saw it first hand with my Dad and horse racing.
Yes too much of anything to be problematic. Hope your dad is doing good now. My dad used to be a big-time drinker, Not anymore though.

I also used to drink a lot, but that’s no longer an issue.

1697823405703.png

Dayum

You won that one! :)
It could’ve easily been a loss the Jaguars had control most of the game leading 24 to 9. Then the Raiders tied it up. The Raiders were than losing by a touchdown with 30 seconds left and their receiver dropped the ball in the end zone for what would’ve been a Gametime touchdown sending the game to overtime unless the Raiders are planning on going for two.

Again the Jaguars controlled the game and should not have gotten to that point

But I’ll take the win.. I liked the bet(I could’ve sold it late in the game for a good profit, but I held out for all the profit) and I like the Jaguars to make a deep run in the playoffs… especially as Trevor Lawrence knee recovers

Last edited:
I had JAGS over 19.5 pts -124 at 2.5X my normal bet size. Went good in the 3rd quarter. (Roosevelt meant Saints up above).

I lost Turner (PHI) and Corbin Carrol to each get one hit (+150)small bet thank goodness. another heartbreaker missed by inches twice.

I had JAGS over 19.5 pts -124 at 2.5X my normal bet size. Went good in the 3rd quarter.

I lost Turner (PHI) and Corbin Carrol to each get one hit (+150)small bet thank goodness. another heartbreaker missed by inches twice.
That’s a good pic. Trevor Lawrence is a productive quarterback and I like what Doug Peterson is doing with the team.

I had JAGS first two weeks of the year and they looked like CRAP. I had a pretty good bet on them Week 2 to cover vs. KC. They only scored 9 pts and got lambasted.

He (Peterson) has righted the ship. 2 wins in England (one over BUFF) and now this one. That is 4 straight.

In my younger days I made money betting on horses, particularly harness horses.

I worked at the Meadows. Knew the drivers, trainers, even know the horses by sight.

But today, there's too much information available and it really makes it not worth the time or effort to collect and process the information.
$20 superfectas?
$6 trifectas?
$2.10 win tickets?

I can still make money but who wants to spend 6-8 hours researching for a $15 payout?

So now I bet big races for fun.

Other than some fantasy stuff (3-4 bucks a week) I don't do sports gambling and the fantasy stuff is just, again, for entertainment.
I'd rather not have a few hundred riding on whether or not a player goy laid last night.

It could’ve easily been a loss the Jaguars had control most of the game leading 24 to 9. Then the Raiders tied it up. The Raiders were than losing by a touchdown with 30 seconds left and their receiver dropped the ball in the end zone for what would’ve been a Gametime touchdown sending the game to overtime unless the Raiders are planning on going for two.

Again the Jaguars controlled the game and should not have gotten to that point

But I’ll take the win.. I liked the bet(I could’ve sold it late in the game for a good profit, but I held out for all the profit) and I like the Jaguars to make a deep run in the playoffs… especially as Trevor Lawrence knee recovers

You couldnt even tell it was sprained. He ran for around 70 yards :lol:

I had JAGS first two weeks of the year and they looked like CRAP. I had a pretty good bet on them Week 2 to cover vs. KC. They only scored 9 pts and got lambasted.

He (Peterson) has righted the ship. 2 wins in England (one over BUFF) and now this one. That is 4 straight.
I think they can make a deep run in the playoffs. Certainly not on the level of the Chiefs yet. They were probably rusty in the first few weeks like some good teams are and then get things going. And they beat the Buffalo Bills team that was much more healthy compared to now.

But who knows. I got the Jaguars ant about 35 to one to win the Super Bowl. I saw on FanDuel they are 25 to one now and I think that’s still a good bet. And again the whole point of the future bet is if you can sell the bet if the team makes any kind of a run in the playoffs …if you want to.

Last edited:
In my younger days I made money betting on horses, particularly harness horses.

I worked at the Meadows. Knew the drivers, trainers, even know the horses by sight.

But today, there's too much information available and it really makes it not worth the time or effort to collect and process the information.
$20 superfectas?
$6 trifectas?
$2.10 win tickets?

I can still make money but who wants to spend 6-8 hours researching for a $15 payout?

So now I bet big races for fun.

Other than some fantasy stuff (3-4 bucks a week) I don't do sports gambling and the fantasy stuff is just, again, for entertainment.
I'd rather not have a few hundred riding on whether or not a player goy laid last night.
Thank you for sharing. I never got into horse racing , and I don’t know how some of the betting systems work…id have to look “superfecta”

I have rarely bet on the Kentucky Derby and I’ll just pick a horse to win

You couldnt even tell it was sprained. He ran for around 70 yards :lol:
He did. They did not use him on fourth and one quarterback sneaks tho but they probably could have …. Late in the game, the Jaguars could’ve put it away they had fourth in inches, but they ran some halfback toss that got gobbled up. In that spot many team run a quarterback sneak.

. But he looked pretty much fine and I suspect by next week he’ll be able to do the one yard quarterback sneaks if they need it.

I think they can make a deep run in the playoffs. Certainly not on the level of the Chiefs yet. They were probably rusty in the first few weeks like some good teams are and then get things going. And they beat the Buffalo Bills team that was much more healthy compared to now.

But who knows. I got the Jaguars ant about 35 to one to win the Super Bowl. I saw on FanDuel they are 25 to one now and I think that’s still a good bet. And again the whole point of the future bet is if you can sell the bet if the team makes any kind of a run in the playoffs …if you want to.
I took you advice for MLB WS. I took HOU, AZ and PHI all to win it. If TX gets bounced I break ~even if PHI wins and I win profit both other two ways. thanks for the tips.

I do not have Amazon so I could not see the JAX NO game last night.

I took you advice for MLB WS. I took HOU, AZ and PHI all to win it. If TX gets bounced I break ~even if PHI wins and I win profit both other two ways. thanks for the tips.

I do not have Amazon so I could not see the JAX NO game last night.
If you took Houston when they were down 2-0 the value of that bet was certainly be higher

Either way it’s going back to Houston for game six and seven. No matter what happens today

If you took Houston when they were down 2-0 the value of that bet was certainly be higher

Either way it’s going back to Houston for game six and seven. No matter what happens today

I made the bet during the third game. Hou was starting to look good and you could see the odds drop as I was slow to pull the trigger. I got +450 on HOU? Yes it was higher before I finally dove in. My first futures bet ever.
I also got +1700 on AZ (when down 2-0) and +110 on PHI. So I won't lose much unless TX wins it all. At this very moment TX has been coming back and now leading HOU into the 7th?

Forum List

Back