This is $8.00 in French Fries at a Vancouver Canucks game

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I know it is a sports arena, but even by that standard this is absurd.

We are starving here. If you have $8+ a healthy tax to burn on this tiny purchase, she should have just declined the fries and handed the money to a homeless person.

I count 13 fries here, am I wrong? If that is the case, it cost her approx 62 cents plus tax per fry, LOL.
1710869775158.png

Dirt under he fingernail: 5 $
The champions of the capitalist principle of 'supply and demand' are usually the first to cry, 'uncle'.
But you won't hear them accepting that there are exceptions to the rule.

So what to do about this insignificant complaining.

Nothing! From a socially responsible POV.

It's not a 100 pound sack of potatoes that are needed for feeding a country's people being sold for $800 a sack.

We can learn from even the silliest examples of how capitalism works!

I know it is a sports arena, but even by that standard this is absurd.

We are starving here. If you have $8+ a healthy tax to burn on this tiny purchase, she should have just declined the fries and handed the money to a homeless person.

I count 13 fries here, am I wrong? If that is the case, it cost her approx 62 cents plus tax per fry, LOL.
View attachment 919546
Well since sports tickets are a lot cheaper in Canada than in the USA (I think), maybe that's how they make up the difference? I don't know. I do know the cost of being entertained these days is so high a lot of us just stay home.

Well since sports tickets are a lot cheaper in Canada than in the USA (I think), maybe that's how they make up the difference? I don't know. I do know the cost of being entertained these days is so high a lot of us just stay home.
Not hockey tickets. Insane prices. Maybe your football ticket prices are comparable.

I remember when one of the Pittsburgh teams opened a new venue many years ago, they claimed that their vendor prices were going to be the same as the "street" prices for food and soft drinks. That lasted about as long as it took for the ink to dry on the press release. The current thinking in sports and elsewhere is that, If you are a captive audience you WILL be screwed on everything you buy, and if you don't like it YOU are the one with the problem. So "we" pay $12 for 50c worth of popcorn, $5 for a dollar candy bar, $8 for a 16 oz. cardboard cup of watered-down beer. And we just quietly accept it.

Sorry. I don't. When I go to an event, I accept I'm being screwed for the ticket price, but that's where it stops.

Nor do I buy overpriced beverages in restaurants.

As Immanuel Kant suggested, act in the way that you think everyone should act, and it will be a better world.

Maybe not in those exact words...he was speaking German, after all...but that was the gist of it.

So thats US$5.90. I haven't been to a stadium and eaten in some time.
ALso No poutain?

You're probably right. I just did a couple second google and saw Toronto tickets $25 which wouldn't even buy the snacks here. But I didn't check out what the Toronto ticket was for. :)

This is just for regular season:

How much are Toronto Maple Leafs tickets?​

You can find Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for as low as $23 (LOL, good luck finding that one or two ticket at that price), with an average price of $304.

I remember when one of the Pittsburgh teams opened a new venue many years ago, they claimed that their vendor prices were going to be the same as the "street" prices for food and soft drinks. That lasted about as long as it took for the ink to dry on the press release. The current thinking in sports and elsewhere is that, If you are a captive audience you WILL be screwed on everything you buy, and if you don't like it YOU are the one with the problem. So "we" pay $12 for 50c worth of popcorn, $5 for a dollar candy bar, $8 for a 16 oz. cardboard cup of watered-down beer. And we just quietly accept it.

Sorry. I don't. When I go to an event, I accept I'm being screwed for the ticket price, but that's where it stops.

Nor do I buy overpriced beverages in restaurants.

As Immanuel Kant suggested, act in the way that you think everyone should act, and it will be a better world.

Maybe not in those exact words...he was speaking German, after all...but that was the gist of it.
Many arenas now have food from local merchants. the prices however are much higher than what you can purchase the same in the street. I think you can still carry a small plastic tote bag in stadiums. You can bring in a package of eight cooked hot dogs with rolls for the price of one hot dog at the stadium.

Yeah I saw that too. I take the high road and presume it was a bruise under the nail on the skin. We've all had those from time to time. At least I hope it was
Maybe those Canadians can’t afford soap because that’s so expensive also. I feel sorry for them, but we probably need to build a fence center at Northern border.

Maybe those Canadians can’t afford soap because that’s so expensive also. I feel sorry for them, but we probably need to build a fence center at Northern border.
Just save many of us. Reagan allowed those fleeing communists into the U.S. We have a covert police state operating at all levels here, publicly offer sanctuary for Canadians who wish to flee this and you will obtain some quality citizens.

Forum List

Back