2024 MLB betting Thread.

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
Well the Yankees are off to a strong start with a 4 game sweep of the astros on the road. Can Stanton, Judge and Soto stay healthy for the rest of the year as well as productive? Stanton has been struggling in the recent few years, but maybe this is his come back year?

How about the Pittsburgh Pirates off to a productive stat….Can they keep it up though?

I’ve followed some of the Yankees individual game highlights. They are 10- 1 to win the World Series on DraftKings. Maybe it’s a solid bet but of course there’s 155 or so games left. The dodgers are the favorites to win it all with a stacked lineup as well, including Ohtani.

I’m interested in the future bets, but I know some folks here bet on individual games.

IMG_2497.png

IMG_2496.png

IMG_2498.png

Anyone think that Oakland, Washington or Colorado can somehow pull off a wildcard spot?

Last edited:
Yankees vs. Dodgers in yet another world series

1712528360843.png

Wake me when it is over.

I don't understand those numbers.

As a Pirates "fan," if they can win 80 games I'll be more than satisfied. They have some good players in the pipeline.

I don't understand those numbers.

As a Pirates "fan," if they can win 80 games I'll be more than satisfied. They have some good players in the pipeline.
They gave their manager an extension last year too.

Last season the Pirates were in first place for about 15 games or so if I can recall. They need to have the longevity which is difficult in a 162 game season.

Yankees vs. Dodgers in yet another world series

View attachment 928767

Wake me when it is over.
Don’t worry the game has sped up. Time clock on the pitcher. Runner on second base in extra innings. A designated hitter in the NL. A relief pitcher having to face three batters before he could be pulled.

All of which traditional baseball fans like me disagree with. I love a five hour game. I love looking at the tactics The manager and team would have to use during the old game.

All of which traditional baseball fans like me disagree with. I love a five hour game. I love looking at the tactics The manager and team would have to use during the old game.

I loved those 5 hour games too, although when I watch baseball, I try to turn the game on when it is the 7th inning at the earliest. Especially liked the drama of extra innings before they messed it up with that automatic baserunner.

They say the pitch-clock is taking its toll on pitchers. I'm wondering about not hearing that talk last season. Could be that I'm more into baseball this year with the Diamondbacks surprise success in 2023.

Don’t worry the game has sped up. Time clock on the pitcher. Runner on second base in extra innings. A designated hitter in the NL. A relief pitcher having to face three batters before he could be pulled.

I'm not talking about the speed of the game, I'm talking about the dominance of the big money teams.

How can a team like Tampa Bay compete with a team like the Yankees with the Yankees spend more on their bull pen that Tampa does their entire team?

Silliness.

I'm not talking about the speed of the game, I'm talking about the dominance of the big money teams.

How can a team like Tampa Bay compete with a team like the Yankees with the Yankees spend more on their bull pen that Tampa does their entire team?

Silliness.
Overall, that point is correct. But historically Tampa Bay has made the playoffs often, even with a small budget.

The Baltimore Orioles last year was a recent example of a small budget team of mostly unknown guys winning their division.

The Pittsburgh Pirates with one of the lowest payrolls in the league is off to a 9-3 start. To be fair they haven’t proven themselves like the Orioles and the Tampa Bay rays have in the past few years. It’s very early this season let’s see what happens.

Silliness.
Tampa has been doing this for decades. Their management of drafting players and minor league system developing them is incredible. They do not draw fans. And they may be building a new stadium in the same area of their current one. That stadium should be built east Tampa near Ybor City or so on I 4 as to get the Orlando population involved.

Silliness.
tampa bay has a good team that made the playoffs....but like big money teams....they choked...

Forum List

Back