Spike Lee: ‘There Is a War on the Black Male’

Just as gun owners jump in alarm reaching for their weapons every time their house settles and creaks, I think people who see a 'war on x' don't so much see that, as want that. Gun owners look fowards to getting to blow someone away. They practice that very scenario in their homes until they can react and fight blindfolded. Just as people thinking some horrible thing's going on in society as with a war against black people. They want there to be one to justify their beliefs and fears.

Go looking for trouble, you'll probably find it.

Try looking at people as potential friends instead of potential threats and you'll be a lot happier.

@Stephanie @Jackson @ninja007 @RoshawnMarkwees @CrusaderFrank @Sunni Man @Bush92 @Matthew @Zander
I worked on a contract about 2002 and I had the pleasure of meeting an Indian fellow of the Untouchable caste. Things went well for him until the project went into full gear and the company hired another bunch of Indians and they were all Brahman caste. He told me that this meant he would lose his position, and he was right. By the end of three months his position was defunded.
I took him to a going away lunch (it was just me and him), and he told me an interesting story. There are many variations on it, but this is pretty close to what he told me"
There was once two brothers, sons of a poor government clerk. The older brother was smart, athletic and handsome, and his younger brother hated him for all that because he had none of these qualities and envied the odler brother. As they grew older the envy turned into hatred.
But one day the younger brother found a lamp in the desert and when he rubbed it, a genie appeared to his pleasant surprise.
"I will grant you three wishes," said the genie "But there is a secret catch. I cannot tell you what it is, but you will realize it in time."
The younger brother felt cautious, but wished for a thousand pounds of gold. *poof* the pile of gold apepared before him. The younger brother looked around and saw nothing wrong. "I don't see the catch."
So he made his second wish. "I wish I had a 10,000 square foot beautiful mansion, with a beautiful young wife and two handsome athletic sons and two beautiful daughters."
*poof* The genie waved him over to the window, and a beautiful young woman walked by him and they both fell in love, and the young brother forgot about the third wish and the genie, he was so in love. He became wealthy married the young woman and had four beautiful children. But one day he looked around at his wealth, his beautiful wife and his handsome athletic children and he remembered his wish and the genie. Then his older brother came over to visit, it had been years since he had seen him and he told his yonger brother about his 20,000 square foot mansion, his two wives, four athletic sons and four beautiful daughters and the 2,000 pounds of gold he had accumulated. After staying for several days he finally left, and the younger brother was crushed. He realized he was still second son to his older brother and it ate away at his mind and heart for months.
Finally he decided to do something about it and he searched for the lamp till he finally found it and called the genie out. "I am ready to make my final wish, but I want to know what the catch is you mentioned years ago. Is it that my brother gets double everything that I wish for?"
"Yes, my master, that is the catch. If you wish for two women, your brother gets four, if you wish for six cows he gets twelve."
The younger brother sat and thought about the situation and thought and thought and thought. Finally he had his wish, "I am ready for my final wish, genie."
"What is it, my master?"
"I wish to be blind in one eye."
My friend told me that in the USA the joke is viewed as being a kind of tragic dark humor because the brother is willing to make himself blind in one eye in order to completely blind his brother and he could not live in peace despite having so much wealth and the love of his family. I remember he then leaned over to me and said, "In India and the rest of the world, the younger brother is a hero and said to be clever in how he used his third wish."
I couldnt grasp the mindset he was talking about for some time, but the Brahmans illustrated it to me. Of the 15 or so positions on that contract, the Brahmins held only 6, but by the end of the next 9 months they had managed to run off4 developers and they became the majority on the contract, and then they effectively ran the whole thing, using the manager as a rubber stamp to their decisions.
Spite and envy are vices in our culture, but not every culture. And our enemies that live within this country exemplify this attitude exactly, and most Americans simply cannot grasp that way of thinking.
We need to take it seriously.

Spike's conspiracy theory sure doesn't apply to pro sports does it???. He claims whites won't let blacks have middle class jobs but we do let them make $20 million a year in the NBA and NFL and MLB!!!! HAHAHA
Because the NBA, NFL, AND MLB jobs all take place in an arena with a level playing field and a large number of regulators; do you really think any white people would buy NBA tickets if there were no Blacks on the court?

So the source of your outrage is that I use the anthropological term "negro" and that will somehow offend WHITE people now...man, you're all over the map with this argument.

I have consistently pointed this out, that your language and demeanor in discussions turns WHITE people off. Whites have been raised and conditioned to feel guilty about things that they have not done, and their history has been so distorted that they feel ashamed of who they are and what their ancestors have done. They have been conditioned to ID the bad kind of person responsible for all this evil as the guy who goes around calling people offensive names, among other things. But you fit the stereotype exactly. And you don't get why I say you should avoid the stereotype because it blocks your message?

The bolded illustrates my point exactly." Conditoning is another word for brainwashing. I'm not brainwashed and it disturbs you."

No, you are not tactful, and that tells me that you are more of a problem than a help to your cause, if this is really your cause.

I wont bother to try any more analogies, you wont try to grasp what I am driving at anyway.

If you genuinely cannot see how you language and the way you talk is turning people off after all this, then you don't want to see it, or you know it and playing the cockroach is your point all along.

I'm growing bored with and tired of your ad homs and name calling.
It tends to show you are frustrated by losing the debate and cornered by logic....or else you're projecting...one or the other.

Just as gun owners jump in alarm reaching for their weapons every time their house settles and creaks,

You do realize that that is a totally false stereotype, don't you? Most people that have CCW permits and own and carry guns in public have been educated to the civil risks of using deadly force. Most of them have already seen death and don't want to see it again. But seeing death is better than becoming the victim again.

I think people who see a 'war on x' don't so much see that, as want that. Gun owners look fowards to getting to blow someone away.

That is a delusion. No one looks forward to killing someone unless they are niave or just stupid.

They practice that very scenario in their homes until they can react and fight blindfolded. Just as people thinking some horrible thing's going on in society as with a war against black people. They want there to be one to justify their beliefs and fears.

There is some truth to that.

Go looking for trouble, you'll probably find it.

Try looking at people as potential friends instead of potential threats and you'll be a lot happier.

But whether we like it or do not, we live in a system of politics called 'Identity Politics' and that system places everyone in a racial category whether you want one or not. And they pass laws that discriminate against white people in set aside contract provisions, Affirmative Action, etc.

Now we have the ID system so radically antagonistic to whites that we cannot shoot a black man in 100% legal self defense without risking losing everything due to the system being so stacked against whites.

So do we organize to defend our interests in this system or continue to play the loser?

Spike's conspiracy theory sure doesn't apply to pro sports does it???. He claims whites won't let blacks have middle class jobs but we do let them make $20 million a year in the NBA and NFL and MLB!!!! HAHAHA
Because the NBA, NFL, AND MLB jobs all take place in an arena with a level playing field and a large number of regulators; do you really think any white people would buy NBA tickets if there were no Blacks on the court?

They buy tickets to other sports that have few blacks, and once upon a time they bought basketball tickets all the time with no blacks on the court.

You seem to have drawn your conclusion before looking at the facts,....so you're a libtard, arent you?

It tends to show you are frustrated by losing the debate and cornered by logic....or else you're projecting...one or the other.

I deny that I am gratuitously insulting you, but you do see how it can turn someone off, so why use that approach?

You do realize that that is a totally false stereotype, don't you? Most people that have CCW permits and own and carry guns in public have been educated to the civil risks of using deadly force. Most of them have already seen death and don't want to see it again. But seeing death is better than becoming the victim again.

That is a delusion. No one looks forward to killing someone unless they are niave or just stupid.

There is some truth to that.

But whether we like it or do not, we live in a system of politics called 'Identity Politics' and that system places everyone in a racial category whether you want one or not. And they pass laws that discriminate against white people in set aside contract provisions, Affirmative Action, etc.

Now we have the ID system so radically antagonistic to whites that we cannot shoot a black man in 100% legal self defense without risking losing everything due to the system being so stacked against whites.

So do we organize to defend our interests in this system or continue to play the loser?

When I leave my apartment and see people of different ethnicities tham my own I don't see a sign hanging over their heads saying "This is a black person." I just see a person. Political lensing might exist in a political discussion or thread, but in reality out in the real world, we don't have to stick to such views and descriptions.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Never been said any better than that. But unfortunately, it seems like in our society we forget that and let the junk on tv influence how we react to other people. React on edge around people, you'll put them on edge about you as well. React affectionately and with politeness, more often than not it'll be returned in kind.

"Where there is hate, we must bring love. Where there is war, we must bring peace." - "Dune" (kinda heh)

Yes..basketball is VERY important.

I deny that I am gratuitously insulting you, but you do see how it can turn someone off, so why use that approach?
Cockroach, hateful, racist are some of the words you have used in our conversation...there are others but it isn't important...

Negro is the correct anthropological term for members of the negroid race.
I feel no need to revise the english language to avoid a legitimate scientific term because negroes feel "offended" by it.

What about the United Negro College Fund? LMFAO
Doesn't that tend to refute your "hateful" and "racist" theory?
What about the negroes with the "Negro Spring" signs at Ferguson? Have you contacted them and asked them to stop using that word because it's "hateful" and "racist"?

Don't you see you're being manipulated and played?

The point is whites could keep all those sports job for themselves like they used to, and if they were trying to keep down blacks, they would.

There is no conspiracy against blacks. They are free to go as far as their skills will take them. In athletics, that's very far indeed. But in jobs that involve brains, they can't make it and demand special treatment.

In my experience travelling from one end of this country to the other in my old Mazada 626, it's not garbage. Everyone wants the same basic things as everyone else. Differences are superficial at best, but nothing that amkes us objectively different from one another.

Fav metaphor from Star Trek is imagine a transporter accident where people get turned inside out. Exactly the same pile of goo no matter who it was. :)

JimBowie1958 said:

When I leave my apartment and see people of different ethnicities tham my own I don't see a sign hanging over their heads saying "This is a black person." I just see a person. Political lensing might exist in a political discussion or thread, but in reality out in the real world, we don't have to stick to such views and descriptions.

No, you do have to stick to a racial view now, depending on your job and especially if you own a business.

Otherwise you can lose everything you own in a civil suit, like it or not, that is the reality we live in because white people do not defend themselves in this racist system.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Never been said any better than that. But unfortunately, it seems like in our society we forget that and let the junk on tv influence how we react to other people. React on edge around people, you'll put them on edge about you as well. React affectionately and with politeness, more often than not it'll be returned in kind.

"Where there is hate, we must bring love. Where there is war, we must bring peace." - "Dune" (kinda heh)

Yeah, right and that wont give you a fig leaf of defense in front of an EEOC hearing, bro.

In my experience travelling from one end of this country to the other in my old Mazada 626, it's not garbage. Everyone wants the same basic things as everyone else. Differences are superficial at best, but nothing that amkes us objectively different from one another.

Fav metaphor from Star Trek is imagine a transporter accident where people get turned inside out. Exactly the same pile of goo no matter who it was. :)

Yes, everyone wants the same basic things, but not everyone has equal protection under the law any more, and by that I mean whites are legally discriminated against every day and they can be assaulted in broad daylight and the PC Nazis will protest that the white person is a murderer no matter what the FACTS may be.

Face it, you are a white person if you like it or not, and you are getting fucked as a white person whether you like it or not.

Unfortunately not everyone thinks like you do.

Beaten to Death at McDonald’s | FrontPage Magazine

Cockroach, hateful, racist are some of the words you have used in our conversation...there are others but it isn't important...

Negro is the correct anthropological term for members of the negroid race.
I feel no need to revise the english language to avoid a legitimate scientific term because negroes feel "offended" by it.

What about the United Negro College Fund? LMFAO
Doesn't that tend to refute your "hateful" and "racist" theory?
What about the negroes with the "Negro Spring" signs at Ferguson? Have you contacted them and asked them to stop using that word because it's "hateful" and "racist"?

Don't you see you're being manipulated and played?

Lol, no, I don't, but I think I will catch more flies with honey than vinegar, and besides that I don't want to offend people for no reason. So I avoid wide sweeping generic insults for the most part. I will always insult libtards because they are stupid ideologues destroying our country. They deserve the disrespect.

Forum List

Back