Salt Lake City man gunned down by police it's been all over the news

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
The rioting has gotten out of control ! They are tearing Salt Lake apart.

This story is running 24/7 on all cable channels.

What on................oh wait, nothing of the sort is happening.

SALT LAKE CITY — Friends of a 20-year-old shot and killed by police flocked to a Salt Lake City 7-11 Tuesday night for a vigil.

Dillon Taylor was with his brother and cousin Monday night and relatives say no one, including Taylor, was armed when the trio encountered Salt Lake City police.

“I can’t believe it. I’m mortified, what’s happened here isn’t OK,” said Josh Siegel, the victim’s friend.

Wearing T-shirts saying “RIP” and holding flowers and balloons, more than 70 friends paid their respects to Taylor behind the 7-11 convenience store at 2100 South and State Street.

“He didn’t have no gun, it’s police brutality and we need to do something to stop this,” said Chris Gavaldon.

“He was a kid going into a 7-11 to get a drinks,” said Gina Thayne, the victim’s aunt.

“We walked out of the 7-11 and next thing we know we’re being ambushed by the Salt Lake Police Department,” said Jerrail Tanner, the victim’s brother.

Three Salt Lake City officers responded to a complaint.

“Officers were looking in that area for a man with a gun, according to the 911 call,” said Sgt. Darin Sweeten, South Salt Lake Police Department.

It’s unclear if Taylor was their suspect but he matched the description, police say. When the officers confronted the trio, they say two of them complied but Taylor walked away, listening to music on headphones. That’s when police shot and killed Taylor. It’s unclear what prompted the gunfire or whether Taylor reached for something. Investigators haven’t said if the man was armed, but relatives who were with him say he wasn’t.

“None of us even had anything. I believe he had a cellphone and it didn’t even leave his pocket,” Tanner said.

“I see him go to pull his pants up but he didn’t go for anything else,” said Adam Thayne, the victim’s cousin.

“With this being a multi-agency investigation, you have the district attorney’s investigators involved, it’s just not something that we’re ready to release,” Sweeten said.

“They said they thought his phone was a gun is what they told my cousin but I don’t even think he brought his phone out, his hands were empty,” Thayne said

there are still a number of unknowns. Investigators aren’t saying how many shots were fired or whether one officer pulled the trigger or all three.

The three officers are on paid administrative leave while South Salt Lake Police are in an unusual position, investigating a neighboring police agency. Salt Lake City Police Department will conduct an internal investigation and the district attorney will determine if he feels the shooting is justified or not.

Meanwhile, court records show Dillon Taylor was wanted for a parole violation and mentioned a possible arrest warrant.

In unsettling posts on Facebook just a few days before the shooting. He said his life hit rock bottom, that he was homeless and thought his life was coming to an end.

South Salt Lake man shot by police posted eerie message days before death | fox13now.com

South Salt Lake man shot by police posted eerie message days before death | fox13now.com

..and I predict that after a thorough and exhausting investigation that carefully examined all the facts...that the findings will show that all proper procedures were followed and no violations of policy occurred. /sarcasm

cops investigating cops rarely works out well for the citizens.

Might as well let bank robbers investigate bank robberies..."All proper procedures were followed" would be the inevitable findings.

..and I predict that after a thorough and exhausting investigation that carefully examined all the facts...that the findings will show that all proper procedures were followed and no violations of policy occurred. /sarcasm

Might as well let bank robbers investigate bank robberies..."All proper procedures were followed" would be the inevitable findings.

Maybe they it was a justifiable reaction on the cops part, maybe not. Regardless though, it's simply not a news story, and reside ts are not torching the town.

Maybe they it was a justifiable reaction on the cops part, maybe not. Regardless though, it's simply not a news story, and reside ts are not torching the town.

It is not a news story and no one is rioting because it was a white that was killed. There's a difference between being on the agenda and not. Some people are more equal than others....(Blacks have more rights)

I WANT JUSTICE!!! This man was unarmed and was an innocent little boy! He was a honor student and could of cured cancer!

Arrest the fuckign COP!!!!
...and an aspiring "rapper"...did you see some of the "lyrics" of his "songs"?

Basically the standard negro vulgarity and cursing with a main theme of "kill whitey".

The police are off the hook. It's easier to blow away a minority than a white because they are responsible for more crime.

Bottom line: Police are off the hook. Instead of making it a race issue, we need to discuss it as an issue in which the pigs see the general public as a terrorist threat and have bee trained to believe that their lives are more valuable than the lives of the public.

Forum List

Back