Speaker Mike Johnson: 'We have to blur' Jan. 6 vids to shield rioters from DOJ

House Democrats excoriated House Speaker Mike Johnson's decision to blur the faces of those who breached the Capitol on Jan. 6, which the GOP said is intended to protect "retaliation against private citizens."

"Horrible move by the speaker," Rep. Robert Garcia, D-Calif., told The Messenger. "I think he's trying to politicize this. And I think him and the caucus every day get more extreme."

Johnson announced the decision at a Tuesday morning press conference — and his office later said in a statement that the blurring of the faces was needed to “prevent all forms of retaliation against private citizens from any non-governmental actor.”

The release of footage from the insurrection was a top priority of many House conservatives, who wanted the tapes released to clear up what they argue is a misconception that the Capitol breach was a violent attack.

Now, Republicans are going further to say they must conceal the identities of those in the videos.

I thought the whole point of releasing the videos was to be transparent to the American public. Why the blurring of faces? Since Republicans keep claiming that the FBI was involved, wouldn't blurring further fuel the rumor?
I thought the ones not charged were proud they had made the attempt and supported their Orange Jesus, now the new speaker decides they may have done things employers, family members and other in public would definitely not approve of, so released the tape, redacted to protect the guilty. I don't know why he released them at all.

House Democrats excoriated House Speaker Mike Johnson's decision to blur the faces of those who breached the Capitol on Jan. 6, which the GOP said is intended to protect "retaliation against private citizens."

"Horrible move by the speaker," Rep. Robert Garcia, D-Calif., told The Messenger. "I think he's trying to politicize this. And I think him and the caucus every day get more extreme."

Johnson announced the decision at a Tuesday morning press conference — and his office later said in a statement that the blurring of the faces was needed to “prevent all forms of retaliation against private citizens from any non-governmental actor.”

The release of footage from the insurrection was a top priority of many House conservatives, who wanted the tapes released to clear up what they argue is a misconception that the Capitol breach was a violent attack.

Now, Republicans are going further to say they must conceal the identities of those in the videos.

I thought the whole point of releasing the videos was to be transparent to the American public. Why the blurring of faces? Since Republicans keep claiming that the FBI was involved, wouldn't blurring further fuel the rumor?
It’s for security reasons. Democrats need to release ALL of the hours of video tape from that day and they might have a point.

The DOJ has moved on from people who were actually there to those who weren't there but said mean things.

There is no limit for those DOJ thugs!

Their hatred for conservatives goes wide and deep!

What scum.:mad-61:

Always wise to not facilitate cherry picked persecution prosecution

the public can still see the actions committed without exposing the identity of the people involved you idiot .

Just today I read the following on the internet:

"I doubt that this 'blurring' of identities of the J6 Jackasses by will have that big of an impact on the ID'g, locating, and apprehension of those Jackasses who have not yet been arrested.
After all, the DOJ, the FBI, and a whole raft of defense lawyers for the Jackasses have these images....without Speaker Johnson's intentional obscuring of identities.

So there is that.

Where I have some likely regrets is that this obscuring of suspects engaged in criminal activity is that it may hinder....somewhat....the really admirable work of the amateur sleuths who have had such success in fingering those suspected criminals.

And notably, some of those 'suspected criminals' ----really WERE criminals, in fact.
As determined by their guilty pleas, and in a multitude of jury and bench determinations they really were criminals.

So there is that.

Now, responsible and patriotic citizens can still help in ID'g these perps and maybe bringing them to justice.

Do this: Go to the Sedition Hunters website. Peruse their 'perp sheets'. And if you see a family member, a friend, colleague, neighbor, et al.....well, contact Sedition Hunters and tell them who your friend is. Let them do their admirable work in bringing American suspected criminals to justice.

seditionhunters.org

Sedition Hunters

Sedition Hunters is a global community of open source intelligence investigators (OSINT) working together to assist the U.S. FBI and Washington D.C. Capitol Police in finding people who allegedly committed crimes in the January 6 capitol riots.
seditionhunters.org
seditionhunters.org

seditionhunters.org

Perp Sheet

Visit the post for more.
seditionhunters.org
seditionhunters.org

Its more than just what you posted.

---------------------------------------------
I don't know what that means.
Will poster Breath explain himself?
The DOJ is looking for people who were never actually in DC. They are targeting those who agreed with the participants, or liked a Trump tweet

The DOJ is looking for people who were never actually in DC. They are targeting those who agreed with the participants, or liked a Trump tweet
I hadn't read, heard, or seen that reported.
Where did you?

Don't mean to put you on the spot good poster Breath, but your allegation sounds ominous. It could be useful information if credible and true.

If you think it is that.....well, how do you know? Sourcing? Vetting?

Thanks

MAGA Mike doesn't want a new round of arrests. Which there certainly would be as soon as the footage hit the web.

Given the left's persecution of the Jews it's wise.....That said if the leftist vermin tried that shit with those folks they would find themselves in a world of shit in very short order.
In what way is "the left" persecuting Jews? By giving $10 billion to Israel for their little Gaza excursion?

I hadn't read, heard, or seen that reported.
Where did you?

Don't mean to put you on the spot good poster Breath, but your allegation sounds ominous. It could be useful information if credible and true.

If you think it is that.....well, how do you know? Sourcing? Vetting?

Thanks
The most recent

Forum List

Back