Speaker Johnson fundraises with typo: ‘I refuse to put people over politics’

Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) appeared to get his words mixed up in one of his first fundraising emails since taking the top House job last week.

Johnson capped a standard fundraising message Friday with a new turn on a familiar phrase: “I refuse to put people over politics.”

That apparent mix-up garnered jeers from House Democrats and their allies, eager to go after the new leader.

Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) took an indirect shot at Johnson just after the email made the rounds online Friday afternoon.

“House Democrats will continue to put people over politics,” Jeffries said on X, formerly Twitter. “Why is that an issue for our Republican colleagues?”

Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-Ariz.), also piled on, hitting Johnson for his record on gun control legislation.

“Mike Johnson says the quiet part out loud: ‘I refuse to put people over politics,” the group said on X. “For politicians bought by gun lobbyists, the people are never top priority.”

Johnson’s office referred questions on the email to his campaign team, which did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Maybe it isn't really a typo. Republicans do put politics over people.
Wouldn't it be nice to hear candidate say, believably, "I refuse to put party over country"

Last edited:
Liberals are wetting their pants because this guy is squeaky clean and have to resort
to a misspeak. :auiqs.jpg:

It's a shame that he doesn't have to hide the money given by the lobbyists like so many
politicians. Or, invest in companies that he helped direct policy for. :eusa_whistle:
Nobody really knows where Johnson stands on some of the issues because as a member of the House nobody knew if that peckerwood was even alive. They could have propped up a cardboard cutout of that asswipe in his seat & nobody would have known the diference. And nobody would have given a shit anyway.

Now he's BMOC? If it wasen't so pathetic it would be laughable that Johnson has neen promoted to Trump's main asseater in the HOR.

Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) appeared to get his words mixed up in one of his first fundraising emails since taking the top House job last week.

Johnson capped a standard fundraising message Friday with a new turn on a familiar phrase: “I refuse to put people over politics.”

That apparent mix-up garnered jeers from House Democrats and their allies, eager to go after the new leader.

Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) took an indirect shot at Johnson just after the email made the rounds online Friday afternoon.

“House Democrats will continue to put people over politics,” Jeffries said on X, formerly Twitter. “Why is that an issue for our Republican colleagues?”

Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-Ariz.), also piled on, hitting Johnson for his record on gun control legislation.

“Mike Johnson says the quiet part out loud: ‘I refuse to put people over politics,” the group said on X. “For politicians bought by gun lobbyists, the people are never top priority.”

Johnson’s office referred questions on the email to his campaign team, which did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

It’s a funny mistake. But nitwits like Minnie put way too much stock in such things.

Last edited:
Nobody really knows where Johnson stands on some of the issues because as a member of the House nobody knew if that peckerwood was even alive. They could have propped up a cardboard cutout of that asswipe in his seat & nobody would have known the diference. And nobody would have given a shit anyway.

Now he's BMOC? If it wasen't so pathetic it would be laughable that Johnson has neen promoted to Trump's main asseater in the HOR.
Sounds like your all butthurt because Johnson doesn't have the skeletons in his closet.
Time to suck it up and just move along.

You both seem to not be well-informed. It strikes all your readers as a weak imitation of
1699702570199.png

Looks like a slow day for you.

YAWWWWWN.....boring.

Are we sure it was a typo?

Forum List

Back