Southern Poverty Pimp Center Gets Creative To Label "Hate Groups"

OffensivelyOpenMinded

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Where I Is
" Southern Poverty Law Center Gets Creative to Label 'Hate Groups'
Principled conservatives are lumped together with bigots.
By
Megan McArdle

September 7, 2017, 11:22 AM GMT-7
600x-1.jpg

This is an actual hate group. It shouldn't be lost in a list of 900.

Source: Hulton Archive, via Getty Images
In 2010, the Southern Poverty Law Center designated the Family Research Council a “hate group” because of its orthodox position on homosexuality, and its occasionally incendiary defenses of that position.

In 2012, Floyd Corkins showed up at the Family Research Council headquarters with a gun.

I don’t mean to imply that these two things were connected. I'm telling you that they were connected. We know because the shooter told the FBI where he got the idea.

Conservatives have used this to try to discredit the Southern Poverty Law Center's list of hate groups. But the sad truth is that if you criticize someone, there’s always some small chance that an unstable person will read your criticism and decide its subject needs killing. The shooting is still not the fault of the writer, but the fault of the shooter.

(Just in case it helps, I interrupt this column to point out that you should not shoot anyone I write about, or anyone I don’t write about, or anyone.)

Also, you don’t need to manufacture ersatz accountability in order to discredit the Southern Poverty Law Center's hate group tally. You just need to tell people what’s on the list.

Some of the groups named are what anyone would think of as a hate group, like, you know, the Ku Klux Klan. But other entries are a festival of guilt-by-association innuendo about people with at best a tangential relationship to the target institution, and whose statements fall well short of blanket group-calumny or calls for violence. Or the center offers bizarrely shifting rationales that suggest that the staff started with the target they wanted to deem hateful, and worked backward to the analysis.

I spent a day diving down the rabbit hole of one of the listings on the hate group, for the Ruth Institute, a small nonprofit that thinks the sexual revolution was a giant mistake. The Ruth Institute does seem to have a couple of marginally attached figures who have at some point theorized an unsupported connection between homosexuality and pedophilia. But however wrongheaded and insulting this may be, by itself, it hardly merits branding the whole organization a “hate group.” And a lot of the other “evidence” for this designation is simply … well, fully deserving of those contemptuous quotation marks."

Southern Poverty Law Center Gets Creative to Label 'Hate Groups'

The SPLC has nothing to do with the South, Poverty and Law but the name sounds good to dupe idiots. Maybe it has something to with law in a sense that they push to stifle free speech what is the law of the land.

The SPLC has nothing to do with the South, Poverty and Law but the name sounds good to dupe idiots. Maybe it has something to with law in a sense that they push to stifle free speech what is the law of the land.
Let me revisit this issue to prove they have nothing to do with poverty. If they did, they would distribute the $ 300 million stashed away in an offshore account to the poor.

By
Megan McArdle

600x-1.jpg

In 2010, the Southern Poverty Law Center designated the Family Research Council a “hate group” because of its orthodox position on homosexuality, and its occasionally incendiary defenses of that position.

In 2012, Floyd Corkins showed up at the Family Research Council headquarters with a gun.

I don’t mean to imply that these two things were connected. I'm telling you that they were connected. We know because the shooter told the FBI where he got the idea.

Conservatives have used this to try to discredit the Southern Poverty Law Center's list of hate groups. But the sad truth is that if you criticize someone, there’s always some small chance that an unstable person will read your criticism and decide its subject needs killing. The shooting is still not the fault of the writer, but the fault of the shooter.

(Just in case it helps, I interrupt this column to point out that you should not shoot anyone I write about, or anyone I don’t write about, or anyone.)

Also, you don’t need to manufacture ersatz accountability in order to discredit the Southern Poverty Law Center's hate group tally. You just need to tell people what’s on the list.

Some of the groups named are what anyone would think of as a hate group, like, you know, the Ku Klux Klan. But other entries are a festival of guilt-by-association innuendo about people with at best a tangential relationship to the target institution, and whose statements fall well short of blanket group-calumny or calls for violence. Or the center offers bizarrely shifting rationales that suggest that the staff started with the target they wanted to deem hateful, and worked backward to the analysis.

I spent a day diving down the rabbit hole of one of the listings on the hate group, for the Ruth Institute, a small nonprofit that thinks the sexual revolution was a giant mistake. The Ruth Institute does seem to have a couple of marginally attached figures who have at some point theorized an unsupported connection between homosexuality and pedophilia. But however wrongheaded and insulting this may be, by itself, it hardly merits branding the whole organization a “hate group.” And a lot of the other “evidence” for this designation is simply … well, fully deserving of those contemptuous quotation marks."

So did the Ruth Institute disavow those people claiming homosexuality and pedophelia were the same, or support them? Of the 15 people listed as their "Circle of Experts", 9 are known for their anti gay rhetoric through multiple published articles. Sounds like a hate group to me.

• Banned
By
Megan McArdle

600x-1.jpg

So did the Ruth Institute disavow those people claiming homosexuality and pedophelia were the same, or support them? Of the 15 people listed as their "Circle of Experts", 9 are known for their anti gay rhetoric through multiple published articles. Sounds like a hate group to me.
They weren't saying pedophilia & homosexuality were the same, what they said has been backed up for over 30 years. 2-4% of males have homosexual preferences and 25-40% of pedophiles have homosexual preferences, so homosexuality is way overrepresented in the pedophile population. That doesn't mean that the two are one in the same.

It's an odd thing to see posters all worried about what an organization does.....right after they say the organization is a joke. If it's a joke, why are they all concerned?

By
Megan McArdle

600x-1.jpg

They weren't saying pedophilia & homosexuality were the same, what they said has been backed up for over 30 years. 2-4% of males have homosexual preferences and 25-40% of pedophiles have homosexual preferences, so homosexuality is way overrepresented in the pedophile population. That doesn't mean that the two are one in the same.

You got a credible link to that? I heard pedophilia is evenly spread across all sexual orientations.

• Banned
It's an odd thing to see posters all worried about what an organization does.....right after they say the organization is a joke. If it's a joke, why are they all concerned?
What a disingenuos bull dagger you are, Bodee. You know damn well idiots like you believe these sheisters are legit...and even some law enforcement agencies still listen to these fraudsters.

By
Megan McArdle

600x-1.jpg

You got a credible link to that? I heard pedophilia is evenly spread across all sexual orientations.
Even the latest studies affirm the older studies...
The proportions of heterosexual and homosexual pedophiles among sex offenders against children: an exploratory study. - PubMed - NCBI

By
Megan McArdle

600x-1.jpg

They are almost succeeding with collapsing our Country

Profound economic injustice was by no means America’s only shortcoming, as Alinsky saw things. Lamenting the nation’s “rather confused and demoralized ideology,”[17] he further identified “unemployment,” “decay,” “disease,” “crime,” “distrust,” “bigotry,” “disorganization,” and “demoralization” as inevitable by-products of life in capitalist America.[18] Such a state of affairs, he said, made life for a majority of Americans nothing more than an exercise in drudgery. “At the end of the week,” said Alinsky of the average American, “he comes out of the hell of monotony with a paycheck and goes home to a second round of monotony…. Monday morning he is back on the assembly line.… That, on the whole, is his life. A routine in which he rots. The dreariest, drabbest, grayest outlook that one can have. Simply a future of utter despair.”[19] “People hunger for drama and adventure, for a breath of life in a dreary, drab existence,” he expanded.[20]

Saul Alinsky - Discover the Networks

By
Megan McArdle

600x-1.jpg

The proportions of heterosexual and homosexual pedophiles among sex offenders against children: an exploratory study. - PubMed - NCBI

You got something credible that is less than 25 years old?

By
Megan McArdle

600x-1.jpg

http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/article/S0025-6196(11)61074-4/abstract

Do you have anything credible to rebut it?

Not my job. It was your claim. Back it up, or admit you were just spouting shit.
You do have some issues understanding what rebuttal is. Have you ever debated anybody in your life or resorted to trolling only. I am certain now, debating and understanding what debate is exceeds your mental abilities.

http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/article/S0025-6196(11)61074-4/abstract

I'll be happy to read that link as soon as you pay the $35.00 required to purchase it. Care to try again?

Do you have anything credible to rebut it?

Not my job. It was your claim. Back it up, or admit you were just spouting shit.
True and I am backing mine. But you also made a claim.... Could you provide me with the source that says pedophilia is evenly spread throughout the various sexual orientations?

I didn't make any claim other than that is what I heard. So far you haven't backed your claim with anything credible.

Forum List

Back