So who won last night's GOP debate in Milwaukee?

Who won the GOP debate?

• DeSantis

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Ramaswamy

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Scott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pence

• Christie

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Haley

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Hutchinson

• Burgum

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Trump

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Nobody

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
Personally, I think Trump won. Like the quote from the 1983 movie "WarGames", the only winning move is not to play.

How Trump Won The Debate He Shunned​

"As Republican presidential hopefuls duked it out onstage in the first GOP debate, Donald Trump and his allies embarked on a different strategy: Wage a social media war.

Instead of flying into Milwaukee to let his rivals take shots at the king, Trump opted for a more hospitable option: a Tucker Carlson interview aired on X, formerly known as Twitter. The intention was far from ambiguous. The former President relishes upstaging and outshining his adversaries, and siphoning away an audience for one of the biggest early events of the election epitomized a Trumpian tactic. It would serve to humiliate not only the other candidates running for the GOP nomination, but Fox News, the once-friendly network that has since turned against him."

How Trump Won the Debate he Shunned

1692879177966.jpeg

Trump will almost certainly become a felon convicted of multiple offenses in the coming months.

He is already a Lost cause, so, amongst those Republicans with the courage, and the backing, to appear last night...

My own personal perception is that the two clear winners were...

1. Nikki Haley

2. Chris Christie

I thought that Ron DeSantis turned-in a rather disappointing and lackluster performance.

I don't think the rest ( Scott, Pence, et al ) have a snowball's-chance-in-hell of obtaining the nomination.

Maybe they're trying to jockey for Cabinet posts... :rolleyes:

If I had to draft a ballgame line-up based solely upon last night's performance, my picks would be...

• Nikki Haley for President
  • Chris Christie for Vice President

Although I certainly reserve the right to change my mind as the 2024 campaign unfolds... :cool:

Yep. Nikki Haley was the grown up in the room.

Trump bum kissers reject both American democracy and our justice system, of course, but they persist.

You're not part of our American Democracy or justice system, Russian. So fuck off.

Why aren't you in Ukraine getting your ass shot off with the rest of your comrades?

Let's be blunt.

The 2016 debates were -

Trump acting like a petulent child at the first one.
Trump refusing to show up to the second one.
Trump stewing like a punished child at the third one when they turned off his mike.
Once again Moon Bat you are confused.

Trump was attacked by the Leftest moderators in both the 2016 and 2020 debates.

In 2016 he made Crooked Hillary look like the little corrupt bitch she was. Crooked Hillary lost the election by being Trump's bitch during the debates, even with her getting help from the moderators.

As is normal for him Joe Potatohead was a real dufus in the debates but the Leftest asshole moderators tried to do the debate for him and that was despicable. Trump still made him look like an idiot. Trump won the 2020 Electoral College delegates but the Democrat turds stole them away with using the Pandemic to create fraudulent mail in and harvested ballots in Democrat controlled swing districts.

Pull your head out of your TDS ass Moon Bat. You look like an idiot with that TDS hate you are posting.

President Trump was first runner up to unverifiable mail in ballots last election.
I don't think that unverifiable mail in ballots will take first place this time.
Trump bum kissers can't accept the reality that all 50 states, many after multiple recounts, audits, and dozens of court challenges, certified their electoral college votes and the President's victory. As Trump's own Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, Republican Christopher Krebs, proclaimed, 2020 was the "most secure election in U.S. history."

Krebs rejected Trump’s lies concerning widespread fraud. "There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised.”

Trump and his lickspittles can't handle the truth.

Screen Shot 2023-08-19 at 12.26.56 PM.png

"Landslide" Donny

Last edited:
The first Republican presidential debate of the 2024 campaign season on August 23, 2023, saw a slew of candidates take the stage. Among them, two figures — Vivek Ramaswamy and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis — emerged as standout performers. Their strong performances not only highlighted their political acumen but also set the tone for the rest of the primary season.

Ramaswamy, although a newcomer to politics, proved that he could hold his own against seasoned politicians. His articulate arguments and clear vision for America resonated with many viewers. Despite being labeled a “know-it-all novice” by Mike Pence and Chris Christie, Ramaswamy’s fresh perspective and outsider status proved to be an asset rather than a hindrance. His ability to articulate complex issues in a relatable manner, combined with his innovative ideas, made him a lightning rod at the GOP debate.

BJ -
Any other year Desantis would be the candidate hands down.
He articulates Conservative Republican principles and then implements them.
He has risen quickly, with support from President Trump.
Any other year -

You're not part of our American Democracy or justice system, Russian. So fuck off.

Why aren't you in Ukraine getting your ass shot off with the rest of your comrades?
Your leader will be upset by your impugning his "savvy genius."

Trump bum kissers can't accept the reality that all 50 states, many after multiple recounts, audits, and dozens of court challenges, certified their electoral college votes and the President's victory. As Trump's own Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, Republican Christopher Krebs, proclaimed, 2020 was the "most secure election in American history."

Krebs rejected Trump’s lies concerning widespread fraud. "There “is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised.”

Trump and his lickspittles can't handle the truth.

View attachment 818875
"Landslide" Donny
You don't even know what is being discussed.
Take your childish nonsense and simply fuck the fuck off.

Forum List

Back