So who won last night's GOP debate in Milwaukee?

Who won the GOP debate?

• DeSantis

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Ramaswamy

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Scott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pence

• Christie

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Haley

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Hutchinson

• Burgum

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Trump

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Nobody

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
Fox News Channel averages about 1.57 million total primetime viewers per day, but there's no information available yet as to how many watched the debate. One estimate I found online was that 23.9 million watched the debate on FOX. but that "estimate" didn't produce any evidence.

And then there's this:

tucker.jpg

As long as the debate kept on the religious issues like abortion, the Democrats won, because if the Democrats and the media are able to paint the GOP as a religious cult, it will be a declining minority party that will not attract independents and moderates.

Why lied the most last night?

A three way tie - Christie, Pentz, and Hutchinson

Personally, I think Trump won. Like the quote from the 1983 movie "WarGames", the only winning move is not to play.

How Trump Won The Debate He Shunned​

"As Republican presidential hopefuls duked it out onstage in the first GOP debate, Donald Trump and his allies embarked on a different strategy: Wage a social media war.

Instead of flying into Milwaukee to let his rivals take shots at the king, Trump opted for a more hospitable option: a Tucker Carlson interview aired on X, formerly known as Twitter. The intention was far from ambiguous. The former President relishes upstaging and outshining his adversaries, and siphoning away an audience for one of the biggest early events of the election epitomized a Trumpian tactic. It would serve to humiliate not only the other candidates running for the GOP nomination, but Fox News, the once-friendly network that has since turned against him."

How Trump Won the Debate he Shunned
Personally, I think Trump won. Like the quote from the 1983 movie "WarGames", the only winning move is not to play

Of course...

Heads, Grifty's awesome
Tails, Grifty's awesome

Cicero, or Benjamin Disraeli, could have graced that stage and you would STILL have gushed about YamDaddy.

This is because your attraction is not to any political position he takes, it is to his faux manliness..

Last edited:
If Grifty "won" the debate by not being there, what does that say for the rest of the field?

Bear in mind that Grifty's appointees were quite united in their belief that Grifty is a moron, "dumber than an inbred tanning bed".

Trump will almost certainly become a felon convicted of multiple offenses in the coming months.

He is already a Lost cause, so, amongst those Republicans with the courage, and the backing, to appear last night...

My own personal perception is that the two clear winners were...

1. Nikki Haley

2. Chris Christie

I thought that Ron DeSantis turned-in a rather disappointing and lackluster performance.

I don't think the rest ( Scott, Pence, et al ) have a snowball's-chance-in-hell of obtaining the nomination.

Maybe they're trying to jockey for Cabinet posts... :rolleyes:

If I had to draft a ballgame line-up based solely upon last night's performance, my picks would be...

• Nikki Haley for President
  • Chris Christie for Vice President

Although I certainly reserve the right to change my mind as the 2024 campaign unfolds... :cool:

Trump will almost certainly become a felon convicted of multiple offenses in the coming months.

He is already a Lost cause, so, amongst those Republicans with the courage, and the backing, to appear last night...

My own personal perception is that the two clear winners were...

1. Nikki Haley

2. Chris Christie

I thought that Ron DeSantis turned-in a rather disappointing and lackluster performance.

I don't think the rest ( Scott, Pence, et al ) have a snowball's-chance-in-hell of obtaining the nomination.

Maybe they're trying to jockey for Cabinet posts... :rolleyes:
Were Grifty to prevail, who would choose to serve in his cabinet?

I liked the guy from SD with the broke leg. :laughing0301:

Jokes aside Nikki Haley showed herself to be every bit the neocon's prom queen just like I've been sayin' for a while.

I like when Viv told her the debate was not a interview for Raython's BoD. ;)

I would suggest that nothing quite screams "coward", like eschewing the debate in favor of sitting down with Moscow Tuck-Tuck

I don't think we watched the same debate. :)
DeSantis effectively ended his campaign last night. He's not ready. Don't know if he will ever be.
Pence was milquetoast as usual. Both men said they'd support Trump as the nominee if he were convicted.

Viv came in hot and was gloming the MAGA base until Nikki Haley took his bullshit apart.
She won the stage last night. Trump won the debate.

The problem is that you process information as the brain-dead fucking Democrat retard that you are.

DeSantis gives you nightmares, doesn't he.

He may not have the charisma, but he actually has stood up to the Left, their wokism and Soros DA's, at least.

I can't think of another politician who has dared to do that.

DeSantis also had the largest margin of votes to win than any other GOP candidate last election.

Desantis is the best politician running for President.
Ramaswamy is the best nonpolitician running for President.
President Trump is the best candidate running for President.

Trump won.

He remains the odds-on favorite to be first runner-up in the 2024 presidential election, especially given that he he can't hide from juries of his peers as he will from contending candidates between now and the election.

Screen Shot 2023-08-24 at 7.48.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-24 at 7.49.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-19 at 12.26.56 PM.png

2020, 2022 - The Magic Persists

Trump won.

He remains the odds-on favorite to be first runner-up in the 2024 presidential election, especially given that he he can't hide from juries of his peers as he will from contending candidates between now and the election.

President Trump was first runner up to unverifiable mail in ballots last election.
I don't think that unverifiable mail in ballots will take first place this time.

Desantis will have good policies without the petulance, name calling, boasting, an on and on.

President Trump was first runner up to unverifiable mail in ballots last election.
I don't think that unverifiable mail in ballots will take first place this time.

Not without a full COVID lockdown, masks, jabs, and shutdowns. 2020 was a perfect storm that favored the Democrats only because of the pandemic and the 2020 leftist riots. We won't be fooled again.

Forum List

Back