NRA-Style Politics Transformed Canada’s Gun Culture — and Shootings Rose 869%

The5thHorseman

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2022
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

A third of guns used in Canadian crimes and then traced by authorities were legally imported from the US. That’s three times the global average​

In recent years, though, the number of semiautomatic pistols and assault rifles coming from the US each year has skyrocketed — from just 6,205 in 2003 to more than 66,000 in 2022. While those numbers are a small fraction of US domestic sales, in per capita terms Canada is now the biggest foreign buyer of American rapid-fire weapons.

Over the same two decades, the country’s annual rate of shootings per capita — incidents referred to as “discharge firearm with intent” — surged almost sevenfold. In Saskatchewan, which saw the highest increase, that rate exploded 35-fold since 2003 and is now nearly five times the national average, according to a Bloomberg analysis of national crime data. These concurrent trends — more guns, more shootings — have alarmed Canadian authorities

I think it would be difficult for anyone to deny that Correlation is apparent.

It appears that an "armed society" may be polite (though Canadians had a good start on that already), but it also one awash in the consequences of promiscuous gun distribution.

I would argue that this is not an export of which this nation should be proud.

And we've done the same in other nations...

Mass US-Made Gun Exports Are Fueling Violence, Shootings Globally https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2023-us-made-gun-exports-shootings-violence-sig-sauer/?utm_medium=deeplink

Last October, a recently fired police officer walked into his stepson’s nursery school in the remote northeast of Thailand and, in under 30 minutes, killed 23 children and two teachers. Panya Kamrab hacked some of his victims to death with a sugar-cane machete and shot others point blank with a pistol, including three local government employees eating lunch outside the school. The rampage, which left a total of 36 dead, ranks as the worst in Thai history and one of the worst in the world.

The killer’s gun, a Sig Sauer P365 — touted by the company as small enough to easily conceal yet able to hold 13 rounds — had traveled more than 8,000 miles from a factory on New Hampshire’s rocky seacoast to Thailand’s lush Nong Bua Lamphu province. It was part of a growing number of semiautomatic handguns and rifles exported by American gunmakers and linked to violent crimes. With about 400 million civilian firearms owned in the US, companies like Sig are seeking new buyers abroad, and they’ve found an eager ally: The federal government has helped push international sales of rapid-fire guns to record levels.

For an industry whose positive contribution to the economy is insignificant, it sure is afforded a lot of considerstion

this is very much a POLITICAL issue. No need to hide this thread from tear streaked faces, but I am confident that a pretext is at hand.

Maybe if I included

GO WOKE, GO BROKE!

WILL THAT DO?

Before the Hosers cut off their dicks so Trudy could carry them around in his purse the Hosers could buy all types of good stuff from the Russians and Chi-Coms since they played well with them.

Oh my.....SKSs, SVD-40s, WW-2 era TT-33s, K98s, Makarovs, etc. A veritable treasure trove of mil-surps and their derivatives.....I was Jelly. ;)

• Banned
Before the Hosers cut off their dicks so Trudy could carry them around in his purse the Hosers could buy all types of good stuff from the Russians and Chi-Coms since they played well with them.

Oh my.....SKSs, SVD-40s, WW-2 era TT-33s, K98s, Makarovs, etc. A veritable treasure trove of mil-surps and their derivatives.....I was Jelly. ;)
So why have shooting SOARED since we started exporting our Idiot Culture over there?

If you really want to play with that shit, join the service.

Last October, a recently fired police officer walked into his stepson’s nursery school in the remote northeast of Thailand and, in under 30 minutes, killed 23 children and two teachers.
That there is apparently the ultimate expression of family values and respect for one's constitutional right to have fun with a gun like you just don't care.

Your link doesnt seem to work.
Canada banned 1500 kinds of "assault style" guns in 2020. Wonder if that was brought up in the article?

You talking about them legally buying guns from America when semi autos are banned.
Something doesnt add up. Wouldnt you think?
Has Canada seen a correspunding rise in private swimming pools, or SMEG juicers, which might provide a more satisfactory explanation for the alarming rise in the number of Canadians finding lead at the bottom of the holes in their bodies?

Has Canada seen a correspunding rise in private swimming pools, or SMEG juicers, which might provide a more satisfactory explanation for the alarming rise in the number of Canadians finding lead at the bottom of the holes in their bodies?
Your whole premise was just debunked. Flail around like a fish on land if you want. I dont give a shit.
Dumbass.

Your whole premise was just debunked. Flail around like a fish on land if you want. I dont give a shit.
Dumbass.
Not unless you can provide an explanation showing a better correlation, or that the correlation between bullet holes and guns is spurious...

Not unless you can provide an explanation showing a better correlation, or that the correlation between bullet holes and guns is spurious...
Those guns arent LEGAL, like you said. Which means, they are getting them illegally. Which, in turn, now please read this slowly, destroys your whole premise.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

A third of guns used in Canadian crimes and then traced by authorities were legally imported from the US. That’s three times the global average​

In recent years, though, the number of semiautomatic pistols and assault rifles coming from the US each year has skyrocketed — from just 6,205 in 2003 to more than 66,000 in 2022. While those numbers are a small fraction of US domestic sales, in per capita terms Canada is now the biggest foreign buyer of American rapid-fire weapons.

Over the same two decades, the country’s annual rate of shootings per capita — incidents referred to as “discharge firearm with intent” — surged almost sevenfold. In Saskatchewan, which saw the highest increase, that rate exploded 35-fold since 2003 and is now nearly five times the national average, according to a Bloomberg analysis of national crime data. These concurrent trends — more guns, more shootings — have alarmed Canadian authorities

I think it would be difficult for anyone to deny that Correlation is apparent.

It appears that an "armed society" may be polite (though Canadians had a good start on that already), but it also one awash in the consequences of promiscuous gun distribution.

I would argue that this is not an export of which this nation should be proud.

And we've done the same in other nations...

Mass US-Made Gun Exports Are Fueling Violence, Shootings Globally https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2023-us-made-gun-exports-shootings-violence-sig-sauer/?utm_medium=deeplink

Last October, a recently fired police officer walked into his stepson’s nursery school in the remote northeast of Thailand and, in under 30 minutes, killed 23 children and two teachers. Panya Kamrab hacked some of his victims to death with a sugar-cane machete and shot others point blank with a pistol, including three local government employees eating lunch outside the school. The rampage, which left a total of 36 dead, ranks as the worst in Thai history and one of the worst in the world.

The killer’s gun, a Sig Sauer P365 — touted by the company as small enough to easily conceal yet able to hold 13 rounds — had traveled more than 8,000 miles from a factory on New Hampshire’s rocky seacoast to Thailand’s lush Nong Bua Lamphu province. It was part of a growing number of semiautomatic handguns and rifles exported by American gunmakers and linked to violent crimes. With about 400 million civilian firearms owned in the US, companies like Sig are seeking new buyers abroad, and they’ve found an eager ally: The federal government has helped push international sales of rapid-fire guns to record levels.

For an industry whose positive contribution to the economy is insignificant, it sure is afforded a lot of considerstion

this is very much a POLITICAL issue. No need to hide this thread from tear streaked faces, but I am confident that a pretext is at hand.

Maybe if I included

GO WOKE, GO BROKE!

WILL THAT DO?

Canadian problem. IDGAF

Forum List

Back