So...which of the new gun laws that anti gunners want would have stopped the baseball shooter? None.

Licensing gun owners.....fail...would not have stopped him.

Registering guns...fail...would not have stopped him.

Universal background checks...fail...would not have stopped him.

Magazine limits...fail.....would not have stopped him or changed his ability to kill.

The FBI report on the bernie sanders shooter shows that all of the new, useless gun laws...would have been useless in stopping this bernie sanders supporter from shooting innocent, unarmed, repbulicans...

FBI Report on Alexandria Quietly Debunks the Gun-Controllers' Talking Points

The FBI has published a brief report on the shooting in Alexandria. It is devastating to the idea that the gun-control measures presently coveted by the Democratic party would have done something to prevent the attack.

Over the past two decades, Democrats have focused on three major proposals for reform. They are: 1) That all private transfers should be contingent upon a federal background check; 2) That firearms that look a certain way should be classed as “assault weapons” and prohibited from sale; and 3) That civilians should be forbidden from buying magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

None of these proposals intersect with what happened in Alexandria.

Read more at: FBI Report on Alexandria Quietly Debunks the Gun-Controllers' Talking Points
Which is why proper gun laws are needed.

We have proper gun laws....and even new laws that you want wouldn't have stopped this guy......so please....tell us what you think would work...
As it is, it's way too easy for legal guns to get in the hands of criminals and nutjobs. Wouldn't trying to fix that be a good thing?

Not when it takes away a Right of a normal, law abiding person and we already have laws that allow us to arrest and jail those who abuse guns......if we focused on keeping repeat gun offenders in jail, that would be the solution to the problem......not attacking normal gun owners.

We got all the guns laws needed. No law will stop a criminal.
You want to cut down on crime? Outlaw bullets sold in stores, I see no protection for people being able to buy bullets. See? That's just one measure off the top of my head. Want some more?

This guy would have bought bullets legally wherever you sold them.....he had no prior convictions, genius....
I'm not talking about this one event, nothing can stop everything, we can agree on that, but criminals are using guns made by legal manufacturers, why is that? And what can we do about it? They're not making their own bullets, they're getting them off of legal manufacturers. Why is that? Something surely can be done is all I'm saying. Don't you think?
You don't think. All restrictive laws do is impede the law abiding. it's against the law to murder. Has that stopped murder? Of course this is all fact and you will have none of it.
So you don't care that criminals have easy access to guns. Got it.

You want to cut down on crime? Outlaw bullets sold in stores, I see no protection for people being able to buy bullets. See? That's just one measure off the top of my head. Want some more?

Bullets are protected by the 2nd Amendment....and you don't think criminals can get bullets? Really?

Yeah...I would like some more.....please....and explain how they keep criminals and mass shooters from doing their thing.....rather than how they are targeted solely at law abiding gun owners...
Look, gang bangers are buying guns and bullets that were made by companies, meaning they didn't make any of that stuff themselves. So it only follows that if you restrict their access to the legal weapons, that's a good thing, no?
It's already against the law for felons to buy guns.
Then how come they have so many?

This guy would have bought bullets legally wherever you sold them.....he had no prior convictions, genius....
I'm not talking about this one event, nothing can stop everything, we can agree on that, but criminals are using guns made by legal manufacturers, why is that? And what can we do about it? They're not making their own bullets, they're getting them off of legal manufacturers. Why is that? Something surely can be done is all I'm saying. Don't you think?
You don't think. All restrictive laws do is impede the law abiding. it's against the law to murder. Has that stopped murder? Of course this is all fact and you will have none of it.

They don't have easy access to guns...they can't buy, own or carry them...if they are caught in mere possession of a gun, they can be arrested and put in jail...then the democrats let them out in under 2 years...that is the problem.

Bullets are protected by the 2nd Amendment....and you don't think criminals can get bullets? Really?

Yeah...I would like some more.....please....and explain how they keep criminals and mass shooters from doing their thing.....rather than how they are targeted solely at law abiding gun owners...
Look, gang bangers are buying guns and bullets that were made by companies, meaning they didn't make any of that stuff themselves. So it only follows that if you restrict their access to the legal weapons, that's a good thing, no?
Because criminals don't obey laws. But let's be realistic here. You already know this, you are simply playing games. You are just another fascist that wants to bring about the demise of this country. Why don't you go on out and start a gun round up. see how that works for your America hating hide!

Outlaw liberal morons. I've got over twenty thousand rounds stored. Come get them fascist asshole.
That's fine, you can keep them (although that you have 20k rounds means that you're most likely nuts). But when gang bangers shoot off all their rounds, making it a lot harder for them to reload would be a good thing, no?

How do you make it harder for them to reload? They cannot legally buy, own or carry the gun that the bullets go into....it is against the law for them to have the gun.....you realize that...right? So what would stop them from getting illegal bullets along with their illegal gun?

20,000 rounds....competitive 3 gun shooters probably go through that much ammo in a few weeks of training....twit...
What I'm saying is that we need to find a way to cut the link between legal guns and criminals, like, where are all these guns coming from? Gun show purchases? Strawman purchases? Someone lent them a gun? ... And close all these loopholes down.

Their access is already limited...they can't buy, own or carry guns.....they raid gun stores, they raid train cars, they break into homes and cars...and they get baby mommas who can pass a background check to buy their stuff as well...
You just named a bunch of places where security could be enhanced, like, make it illegal for a legal gun owner to leave his gun in his FUCKING CAR??? LOL! Sheesh, maybe an IQ test as well, lol. :biggrin:

Magazine limits...fail.....would not have stopped him or changed his ability to kill.

The FBI report on the bernie sanders shooter shows that all of the new, useless gun laws...would have been useless in stopping this bernie sanders supporter from shooting innocent, unarmed, repbulicans...

The FBI has published a brief report on the shooting in Alexandria. It is devastating to the idea that the gun-control measures presently coveted by the Democratic party would have done something to prevent the attack.

Over the past two decades, Democrats have focused on three major proposals for reform. They are: 1) That all private transfers should be contingent upon a federal background check; 2) That firearms that look a certain way should be classed as “assault weapons” and prohibited from sale; and 3) That civilians should be forbidden from buying magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

Read more at: FBI Report on Alexandria Quietly Debunks the Gun-Controllers' Talking Points

We have proper gun laws....and even new laws that you want wouldn't have stopped this guy......so please....tell us what you think would work...
As it is, it's way too easy for legal guns to get in the hands of criminals and nutjobs. Wouldn't trying to fix that be a good thing?

Not when it takes away a Right of a normal, law abiding person and we already have laws that allow us to arrest and jail those who abuse guns......if we focused on keeping repeat gun offenders in jail, that would be the solution to the problem......not attacking normal gun owners.
So you have a problem with restricting gun sales to the mentally ill and criminals because you think that that would apply to you. Hmmm. Faulty logic.

They don't have easy access to guns...they can't buy, own or carry them...if they are caught in mere possession of a gun, they can be arrested and put in jail...then the democrats let them out in under 2 years...that is the problem.
If they don't have easy access to guns, then how come they have so many?

So you have a problem with restricting gun sales to the mentally ill and criminals because you think that that would apply to you. Hmmm. Faulty logic.
Lookie here! dim calls "normal" gun owners mentally ill and criminals.

Show us how many they have. Where are they?

Because criminals don't obey laws. But let's be realistic here. You already know this, you are simply playing games. You are just another fascist that wants to bring about the demise of this country. Why don't you go on out and start a gun round up. see how that works for your America hating hide!
I'm talking about as we move forward, make anyone who buys guns or bullets responsible for anything that that gun/bullet is used for. Only registered sales to non-felons (no gun show loopholes...). No lending your guns... Restrict assault weapon (whatever definition is settled on)... You mean to tell me that there's NOTHING you think we can try?

Lookie here! dim calls "normal" gun owners mentally ill and criminals.
Not what I said, I said basically that you all lump yourselves in with the mentally ill and criminal, when we don't have to.

WTF are you talking about? Criminals have plenty of guns made by legal manufacturers, we need to break the link between the legally manufactured gun and the criminal. I know, the gun makers don't want us to, they want us afraid and buying more guns...

WTF are you talking about? Criminals have plenty of guns made by legal manufacturers, we need to break the link between the legally manufactured gun and the criminal. I know, the gun makers don't want us to, they want us afraid and buying more guns...
There's that deflection!

I'm talking about as we move forward, make anyone who buys guns or bullets responsible for anything that that gun/bullet is used for. Only registered sales to non-felons (no gun show loopholes...). No lending your guns... Restrict assault weapon (whatever definition is settled on)... You mean to tell me that there's NOTHING you think we can try?

There is one sure way to do it......if you catch a felon with an illegal gun...lock them up for 30 years. Everything else you posted...is useless...except for making criminals out of law abiding gun owners. Is the car salesman liable for the drunk driver? Your first point becomes useless.... Registration doesn't do anything to stop criminals or mass shooters....as we keep showing you criminals steal their guns or get people who can pass all the laws buy them for the felon.....Your second point becomes useless.....No lending your guns.....a law abiding citizen, with legal property can't lend their guns to other, law abiding citizens? Really? Your third point is useless since criminals will give their guns to the 14 year old brother gang member to murder the 15 year old gang rival.....

Do you realize that rifles with magazines.....the ones you call Assault rifles....have been used to murder 167 people....in 35 years.....knives are used to murder over 1,500 people every single year...according to the FBI homicide table 8 and Mother Jones, Mass public shooting tracker......so which is more deadly, the knife, or the rifle with the magazine?

The only thing we need to do is arrest felons caught with illegal guns and lock them up for 30 years......and if you commit an actual crime with a gun, rape, robbery or murder...you go away for 30 years.

You do that...and our criminal problem decreases 95%........anything else is just paperwork to entrap law abiding gun owners who do not use their guns to commit crimes.

There is one sure way to do it......if you catch a felon with an illegal gun...lock them up for 30 years. Everything else you posted...is useless...except for making criminals out of law abiding gun owners. Is the car salesman liable for the drunk driver? Your first point becomes useless.... Registration doesn't do anything to stop criminals or mass shooters....as we keep showing you criminals steal their guns or get people who can pass all the laws buy them for the felon.....Your second point becomes useless.....No lending your guns.....a law abiding citizen, with legal property can't lend their guns to other, law abiding citizens? Really? Your third point is useless since criminals will give their guns to the 14 year old brother gang member to murder the 15 year old gang rival.....

Do you realize that rifles with magazines.....the ones you call Assault rifles....have been used to murder 167 people....in 35 years.....knives are used to murder over 1,500 people every single year...according to the FBI homicide table 8 and Mother Jones, Mass public shooting tracker......so which is more deadly, the knife, or the rifle with the magazine?

The only thing we need to do is arrest felons caught with illegal guns and lock them up for 30 years......and if you commit an actual crime with a gun, rape, robbery or murder...you go away for 30 years.

You do that...and our criminal problem decreases 95%........anything else is just paperwork to entrap law abiding gun owners who do not use their guns to commit crimes.
So you don't want to do anything. Got it. Well, then you have the country that you want, everyone is armed and afraid. :clap2:

So you don't want to do anything. Got it. Well, then you have the country that you want, everyone is armed and afraid. :clap2:

Wrong.....I stated the only thing that works, that targets actual criminals and has the added benefit of not targeting normal gun owners.....if you catch a felon with a gun, you arrest them and put them in jail for 30 years. If someone commits an actual crime with a gun, a rape, robbery or murder, you arrest them and lock them up for 30 years.

On top of that...you announce the 30 year sentence in all prisons, you make it part of the out processing of convicts and you have all parole officers repeat the sentence for gun crimes to their new wards.......that is how you reduce gun crime.

You don't reduce it by making paper work criminals out of law abiding gun owners....

Well, then you have the country that you want, everyone is armed and afraid

And this is the country we currently live in.....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400 million guns in private hands and over 15.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
=======

Wrong.....I stated the only thing that works, that targets actual criminals and has the added benefit of not targeting normal gun owners.....if you catch a felon with a gun, you arrest them and put them in jail for 30 years. If someone commits an actual crime with a gun, a rape, robbery or murder, you arrest them and lock them up for 30 years.

On top of that...you announce the 30 year sentence in all prisons, you make it part of the out processing of convicts and you have all parole officers repeat the sentence for gun crimes to their new wards.......that is how you reduce gun crime.

You don't reduce it by making paper work criminals out of law abiding gun owners....

Well, then you have the country that you want, everyone is armed and afraid

And this is the country we currently live in.....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400 million guns in private hands and over 15.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
=======
Your stats are meaningless and just a smokescreen for the fact that the US is STILL getting shot up on par with some of the worst countries in the world.
You want an after the facts 30 year prison sentence, I'd go more for preventing the crimes in the first place. But then your gun stocks would go down, I get it.

Forum List

Back