Report on morning news. Maine gun store did it's job, denied new guns to shooter, government failed its job.

Listening to morning news on the t.v..........a the shooter tried to buy a silencer at a Maine gun store before the shooting, and filled out the mandatory, Federal Background check form for the purchase. He checked the box about his 2 week commitment.....the owner of the gun store checked his form, saw that he had been committed to a psychiatric facility, and denied him the purchase.

The gun store did it's job....

The government did not do it's job.....it failed to confiscate the gun he already had under Maines Yellow Flag law....

The gun store didn't fail, the anti-gun god, "government" failed.

“He came in and filled out the form, he checked off a box that incriminated himself saying that he was in an institution,” Rick LaChapelle, owner of Coastal Defense Firearms, said. “Our staff was fantastic, let him finish filling out the form, and said, ‘I'm sorry, Mr. Card, we cannot give you this… at this point in time, we cannot release this silencer to you because of the answers that you've given us.”

LaChapelle added "we did what we were supposed to do and hopefully saved a lot of lives by the proper, just following the proper procedures.”

Just to make sure I understand. The Democrats are awful because they want to pass and use unconstitutional gun grabbing laws like the Red Flag things. They want to seize your guns. But the Democrats are awful because they didn’t seize the guns using these unconstitutional laws.

If the Democrats had grabbed the guys guns before he went on his shooting spree would you have reported it as another example of Gun Grabbing Democrats violating the Constitution? I bet you would have.

So are you upset that the police didn’t follow the fascist laws and take away the mass shooters guns without due process?

Nope......the anti-gunners wanted these laws.....and they didn't stop this mass public shooting because incompetent government, the problem in most situations, failed to do their end of enforcing the law......

What, isn't this like the third or forth mass shooter mental defective that the .mil has unleashed on the public?
I think I can get any Democrat to go along with all Republicans in reporting that the problem of mental illness is behind all mass killers. They are nuts.

But listen to Democrats. They defend mental illness. They claim they are actually victims. Sure and Roosters lay eggs.

Just to make sure I understand. The Democrats are awful because they want to pass and use unconstitutional gun grabbing laws like the Red Flag things. They want to seize your guns. But the Democrats are awful because they didn’t seize the guns using these unconstitutional laws.

If the Democrats had grabbed the guys guns before he went on his shooting spree would you have reported it as another example of Gun Grabbing Democrats violating the Constitution? I bet you would have.

Nope......this event just shows that the laws the anti-gunners want do not work, because they rely on government to make them work. They want everyone to rely on the government for their safety, when over and over again, the government shows they can't and often won't protect you.....

My solution to this event is to make sure that law abiding gun owners can carry their legal guns with them into public spaces.....

Had the bar and bowling alley not been gun free zones, he likely would have chosen different targets. He chose two gun free zones, the way most mass shooters choose their targets.....

Gun free zones are the problem, and creating unConstitutional laws do not stop these attacks.

You will never cure mental illness by making laws.

Nope......this event just shows that the laws the anti-gunners want do not work, because they rely on government to make them work. They want everyone to rely on the government for their safety, when over and over again, the government shows they can't and often won't protect you.....

My solution to this event is to make sure that law abiding gun owners can carry their legal guns with them into public spaces.....

Had the bar and bowling alley not been gun free zones, he likely would have chosen different targets. He chose two gun free zones, the way most mass shooters choose their targets.....

Gun free zones are the problem, and creating unConstitutional laws do not stop these attacks.
Maine does not demand permits. Maine is very laid back when it comes to guns. Actually though it has few deaths where guns are used, I would think it is time for the state to create a gun carry law that tells every business that they must have at least 2 armed people in the place for the good of the public. And to post signs saying they are armed.

Maine does not demand permits. Maine is very laid back when it comes to guns. Actually though it has few deaths where guns are used, I would think it is time for the state to create a gun carry law that tells every business that they must have at least 2 armed people in the place for the good of the public. And to post signs saying they are armed.

Just allow normal people to carry their legal guns into any public place.......done.

Just allow normal people to carry their legal guns into any public place.......done.
Frankly a lot of people will never carry guns. And by my calling for guns to be at all businesses I am talking of trained with guns and not amateurs.

Frankly a lot of people will never carry guns. And by my calling for guns to be at all businesses I am talking of trained with guns and not amateurs.

All you have to do is allow normal people to carry their legal guns...ending gun free zones makes them less likely to be attacked by mass pubic shooters.

Listening to morning news on the t.v..........a the shooter tried to buy a silencer at a Maine gun store before the shooting, and filled out the mandatory, Federal Background check form for the purchase. He checked the box about his 2 week commitment.....the owner of the gun store checked his form, saw that he had been committed to a psychiatric facility, and denied him the purchase.

The government did not do it's job.....it failed to confiscate the gun he already had under Maines Yellow Flag law....

“He came in and filled out the form, he checked off a box that incriminated himself saying that he was in an institution,” Rick LaChapelle, owner of Coastal Defense Firearms, said. “Our staff was fantastic, let him finish filling out the form, and said, ‘I'm sorry, Mr. Card, we cannot give you this… at this point in time, we cannot release this silencer to you because of the answers that you've given us.”

LaChapelle added "we did what we were supposed to do and hopefully saved a lot of lives by the proper, just following the proper procedures.”

Demafacist purposely don’t enforce gun laws on the books…they want more deaths, more deaths to push their narrative they need to take call guns from private citizens

Again....no.....he had already been evaluated by psychiatric doctors who informed his chain of command he was dangerous, and they informed the police...

The protocols for the Yellow Flag law were met with that process....he had been evaluated and judged dangerous.......you can't lie about that.
Link for that, please!!!! Yellow flag requires involuntary evaluation commitment....

If it was an involuntary evaluation and commitment, then you are correct, if it was not then it fell thru a hole in the yellow flag requirement.

Did they report him?

Link for that, please!!!! Yellow flag requires involuntary evaluation commitment....

If it was an involuntary evaluation and commitment, then you are correct, if it was not then it fell thru a hole in the yellow flag requirement.

Nope....they require a psychiatric evauation before the police can be involved...that had already happened...and the Doctors notified his military chain of command and they told the police........

The Yellow Flag protocols had been followed....

Did they report him?

The story didn't say, and it didn't say if that is required by law.....

His Doctors told his military command he was dangerous and considering shooting up a base, and they called the police too...

Um not Maine’s law. All it requires is notication by a medical examiner.

Reports are that happened here.

Even Sen Collins stated as much.

Nope....they require a psychiatric evauation before the police can be involved...that had already happened...and the Doctors notified his military chain of command and they told the police........

The Yellow Flag protocols had been followed....
Well, you seem to know more than Maine Officials...

DO YOU HAVE A LINK FOR YOUR CLAIMS? YES OR NO?

The story didn't say, and it didn't say if that is required by law.....

His Doctors told his military command he was dangerous and considering shooting up a base, and they called the police too...
Obviously somebody dropped the ball.

Will they be held responsible?

Um not Maine’s law. All it requires is notication by a medical examiner.

Reports are that happened here.

Even Sen Collins stated as much.

Yep......they need a psychiatric evaluation and that had been done during the 2 weeks he was in the facility, and they contacted his chain of command and they called the police...

Forum List

Back