So what should Obama have done?

and your point is?

They were halted because they couldn't find the safety vests. :eusa_whistle:

Jindle is such an incompetent boob, he couldn't find safety vests and fire extinguishers.

Here's what Jindle is good at

baby-crying%20jpg.jpg

He is the best thing that has happened to that State in Decades.

Jindle is such an incompetent boob, he couldn't find safety vests and fire extinguishers.

Here's what Jindle is good at

baby-crying%20jpg.jpg

He is the best thing that has happened to that State in Decades.

Sangha is obviously too young to know that.....he is just playing the tool of the left wing whacko's. I don't think the democrats would even claim sangha as one of their own. :lol:

there are plenty of ways to look at this. my way is to see it as a way to scrutinize shit for the sake of doing so. the media does this for money and for filler. i think americans doing this lack a basic sense of pride.

by no means do i preclude those who jumped to take shot at bush over a natural disaster. instead, i draw a line between folks who are deeply critical of the smallest details of the biggest operations and folks who have not been close to anything like that, whatsoever.

i'm more proud that the US could field a 5,000 boat fleet of which many are private citizens, and hold industry accountable for their disasters than i am likely to give a shit about how a handful of boats lost a day for skimming oil with no fire extinguishers.

some nations cant pull this off; most nations can pull this off, and companies destroy their ecology without consequence.

Sangha, Jindle has more leadership ability in his left nut than this miserable failure you jack off to.

Last edited:
Sangha, you are pretty ignorant aren't you? The Coast Guard is an extention of the federal government. :lol:
Better stay in school, sonny.

Wait did that wack job just imply it was Jindle's job to make sure there were life vests in the barges?

Are these people for real?

What I want to know is why is no one talking about how after Jindle Got the things pumping and then the Coast guard shut them down for 2 days. When they started back up the Obama administration announced it to the press as if it was one of the things THEY were doing about the spill.

"look im acting I got these barges pumping oil out, Never mind they have been there for 8 days and then the US coast guard shut them down and let thousands of gallons of oil get ashore, I am going to claim it was my idea, Look at me Im leading. Hope and change America hope and change weeeeee"

Its unreal how low Obama will stoop. Real scum in action. He like a god damn school kid.

Last edited:
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal has spent the past week and half fighting to get working barges to begin vacuuming crude oil out of his state's oil-soaked waters. By Thursday morning, against the governor's wishes, those barges still were sitting idle, even as more oil flowed toward the Louisiana shore.
Louisiana Governor Jindal frustrated over decision-making red tape.

"It's the most frustrating thing," the Republican governor told ABC News while visiting Buras, La. "Literally, [Wednesday] morning we found out that they were halting all of these barges."

Watch "World News" for David Muir's report from Louisiana tonight.

Sixteen barges sat stationary Thursday, although they had been sucking up thousands of gallons of BP's oil as recently as Tuesday. Workers in hazmat suits and gas masks pumped the oil out of the Louisiana waters and into steel tanks. It was a homegrown idea that seemed to be effective at collecting the thick gunk.

BP Oil Spill: Against Gov. Bobby Jindal's Wishes, Crude-Sucking Barges Stopped by Coast Guard - ABC News

and your point is?

If that were the truth, why didn't jindal just give them vests instead of spending 24 hours crying for someone else to do it?

dozens and dozens of posts have been made by partisan hacks who have taken up arguments that non-sequitur maritime law, the jones act, is an inhibition to the clearly international effort to clean up the gulf and mitigate the flow of oil from the broken well. failing the cogency of that bullshit, dozens more posts have focused on the < 0.2% of the fleet being curtailed for < 5% of the duration of the operation, and because they were sucking up a flammable substance without fire extinguishers; they were operating on the open ocean without enough life vests for their staff.

what is next for these partisan scumbags riding on any minor glint of negativity? these shitstains of americans continue to go out of their way to find inane ways 'america has failed' or 'obama has failed'. they've failed in that if these piece of shit arguments represent all that is wrong with the effort to mitigate the damage of this deal, we don't have much to worry about, at all.

19 Jun 2010 20:16:24 GMT
Source: Reuters
* Local officials frustrated by delays, red tape

* Barges halted for 24 hours for safety inspections

* Military-type chain of command urged

By Jeffrey Jones

GRAND ISLE, Louisiana, June 19 (Reuters) - Those on the front lines of the U.S. Gulf Coast oil spill say they are forced to fight two battles -- one against the crude washing into lush wetlands and another against needless bureaucracy.

Sixty-one days after the BP Plc <BP.L> well began spewing crude oil into the Gulf of Mexico, angry local officials blame dozens of federal agencies involved in approving response plans, a maze of regulations and poor coordination for their struggles beating back the slick.

"My experience has been frustration, too much red tape, no a sense of urgency. For the state and the coastal parishes that are directly affected to put forth a plan, you have to kick and scream every step of the way to get it approved," said John Young, council chairman for Jefferson Parish in Louisiana.

"The president said it's a war. I agree we're under siege, but if it was a war, we'd be occupied territory now."

It is time for President Barack Obama's administration to appoint an "oil spill czar" to streamline operations for the 31,000 people fighting the worst spill in U.S. history and avoid the costly delays, Young said as he prepared to board a boat to tour his region's fouled wetlands.

As a guide, many point to the arrival of U.S. Army General Russel Honore in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina in 2005. The tough-talking military man was credited with taking control and kick-starting the city's stalled rescue mission in the weeks after the storm.

Last week, the U.S. Coast Guard shut down 16 vacuum barges that were sucking up crude from Louisiana marshes. The units, which consist of trucks and tanks on barges that suck up thousands of gallons of crude, needed to be checked for stability and if they had life jackets and fire extinguishers.

Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal had asked officials to inspect them quickly without bringing them back to dock. But the units sat idle for 24 hours before being allowed to travel back to oil-fouled Barataria Bay, Bay Jimmy and Pass A Loutre.

After 24 hours, the barges went back to work, and according to media reports, no inspections were performed.

On Friday, the Coast Guard shut down two more barges, prompting Plaquemines Parish President Billy Nungesser to make an angry call the the White House, which ordered them back into operation, his office said.

Meanwhile, the oil keeps gushing into the Gulf at a rate now estimated as high as 60,000 barrels a day.

"NO STREAMLINED SYSTEM"

Jindal has blasted a lack of coordination between federal departments overseeing the fight and state and local officials waging it.

"It is frustrating because it doesn't seem like the left hand knows what the right hand is doing," he said recently. "There is no streamlined system here. This is why we keep stressing that we need to see more of a sense of urgency from the Coast Guard, federal officials and BP."

For its part, the Coast Guard said it supported the barge project, but had to ensure their safety.

The incidents followed a weeks-long effort by state and local officials to have a plan approved to construct sand berms to protect barrier islands from encroaching oil, an effort that is expected to cost $360 million.

Young said he supported a military-style chain of command where someone at the top has the power the make quick decisions putting response plans into action and making sure that crews have the equipment they need.

"Absolutely -- one person. Maybe they need an escrow account for that. Get one military person who knows the chain of command to get things done, because this is a war-type situation," Young said. "We can't be deciding and executing by committee because it's just not getting done."

Reuters AlertNet - Bureaucracy frustrates U.S. Gulf oil spill efforts

First, I happen to agree with you that Lt. Gen. Honere would be the ideal person to put in charge of this catastrophe. In charge with the authority to draw on whatever resources there are available, government or private.

Second, if they did not have adaquete equipment aboard those barges, then the Coast Guard was correct in telling them to get the equipment, or get off the water. We already have eleven dead in this mess.

Third, if the Coast Guard acted in the normal manner, then that was wrong. This is an emergency situation, and correcting the defiencies in safety equipment on those barges should have been expidited by all concerned.

Fourth, something that would have the governors screaming, the authority given to someone like Honere should exceed that of any given governor. This is a national disaster, affecting all states, as it affects a major food supply of this nation.

Obama did zero

He should have mobilized the army Corp of engineers to assist, instead he went on another vacation - again.

And the Army Corps of Engineers has what experience exactly in deep water oil drilling?
BP, and Exxon etc. are the experts in this. NOT the Army, or the Government.

Under Bush and Chaney Big Oil was left to their own devices, and this is what happens. You people didn't want any oversite or regulations on business by our government. But then when really bad things happen, you complain and say "where was the govenment, why don't they do something?" Really sad.

Obama should have doe whatever he could to plug the fucking leak.

Instead he did nothing.

OK Mike, you are good at cursing, but why not offer an idea on how to plug that f***ing leak?
See, Obama has about as much experience with deep water oil drilling as you or I do.
He does not have an answere because he, like the rest of us, is not an oil expert.
In fact, there are no people in the government that is an expert at deep water oil drilling. If they did, they would be making millions working FOR BP, not working in the Gov.

So think it over, and come back when you have an idea of how to plug the lead, instead of must saying Obama should plug it, like it is some easy thing to do.

Obama did zero

He should have mobilized the army Corp of engineers to assist, instead he went on another vacation - again.

And the Army Corps of Engineers has what experience exactly in deep water oil drilling?

Under Bush and Chaney Big Oil was left to their own devices, and this is what happens. You people didn't want any oversite or regulations on business by our government. But then when really bad things happen, you complain and say "where was the govenment, why don't they do something?" Really sad.

Pretty one dimensional thinking there sparky. Bush did it! :lol: Time to wake up there and take responsibility.

Some are criticizing Obama for not doing enough in response to the oil leak that BP created. (Of course, some of those same people are criticizing Obama for doing too much).
However, when I've asked many of these people what Obama should have done, they suddenly stop posting. So far, only one whiner has offered a suggestion, and it was.....get this... Obama should have put his boots on, and gone to LA to have his picture taken on a oil-stained beach wearing his boots.:cuckoo:

So let's hear it you oil cleanup Einsteins? Are you going to wimp out like you usually do and not post in order to avoid having your ignorance and hateful hypocrisy revealed, or will display some strength of character and meet the challenge?

I never critisized him for his inactions in the first few weeks, there really isn't much he can do. What he should be doing now is at least direct his agencies to allow the states to take action themselves, like LA.

What Jindal said really hit the nail on the head:

JINDAL: We didn't need another meeting. We didn't ask for another meeting. On Friday with the president, we were very clear: It's not the process that interests us; it's the outcomes. So many may ask, "Are you happy with the meeting? Are you happy with the process?" I could care less about the meeting; I could care less about the process. There were a lot of professors there. And I told them when I had a chance to speak at the end, I said, "To me this is not a multiple choice test. This is not an essay test. This is a pass-fail. This is a yes-no test. This is pretty simple: If we get approval to move forward on at least our first six segments, then this will have been a successful day. If we do not get approval to move forward, this will have been a waste of another day; we could have spend this day fighting the oil and doing other things to help safeguard our coast." So for us this wasn't about process.

No one is expecting a miracle solution. But the least our Empty-Suit-in-Chief can do is try to help eliminate all this bureaucracy. And it wouldn't hurt if he stopped trying to vilify BP.

Wasn't it the lack of bureaucracy that led to this accident?
BP was left alone to cut whatever corners they wanted and this is the result.
And if they did lift all restrictions on the cleanup, and then that made matters worse, they you would be back here saying how they failed.

Some are criticizing Obama for not doing enough in response to the oil leak that BP created. (Of course, some of those same people are criticizing Obama for doing too much).
However, when I've asked many of these people what Obama should have done, they suddenly stop posting. So far, only one whiner has offered a suggestion, and it was.....get this... Obama should have put his boots on, and gone to LA to have his picture taken on a oil-stained beach wearing his boots.:cuckoo:

So let's hear it you oil cleanup Einsteins? Are you going to wimp out like you usually do and not post in order to avoid having your ignorance and hateful hypocrisy revealed, or will display some strength of character and meet the challenge?

I never critisized him for his inactions in the first few weeks, there really isn't much he can do. What he should be doing now is at least direct his agencies to allow the states to take action themselves, like LA.

What Jindal said really hit the nail on the head:

JINDAL: We didn't need another meeting. We didn't ask for another meeting. On Friday with the president, we were very clear: It's not the process that interests us; it's the outcomes. So many may ask, "Are you happy with the meeting? Are you happy with the process?" I could care less about the meeting; I could care less about the process. There were a lot of professors there. And I told them when I had a chance to speak at the end, I said, "To me this is not a multiple choice test. This is not an essay test. This is a pass-fail. This is a yes-no test. This is pretty simple: If we get approval to move forward on at least our first six segments, then this will have been a successful day. If we do not get approval to move forward, this will have been a waste of another day; we could have spend this day fighting the oil and doing other things to help safeguard our coast." So for us this wasn't about process.

No one is expecting a miracle solution. But the least our Empty-Suit-in-Chief can do is try to help eliminate all this bureaucracy. And it wouldn't hurt if he stopped trying to vilify BP.

Wasn't it the lack of bureaucracy that led to this accident?
BP was left alone to cut whatever corners they wanted and this is the result.
And if they did lift all restrictions on the cleanup, and then that made matters worse, they you would be back here saying how they failed.

Lack of Bureaucracy????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We can only hope and pray for the day.

The government had multiple responsibilities that it brushed off and rubber stamped. The bureaucracy is doing just fine.

Obama did zero

Pretty one dimensional thinking there sparky. Bush did it! :lol: Time to wake up there and take responsibility.

Never said Bush did it. But under he and Chaney, the oil industry was defacto unregulated and was able to leave critical safety devices off these rigs. Big Oil "knew" best on how to operate and they were left alone to do what they wanted.
They were working at the absolute edge of current technology and know one care because there is this central belief on the Right that big business needs to be left alone as they are the "experts," and that government regulation is wrong.
Now we have this happen and all anyone says is where was the govenment?
The same as what heppend with Madoff.

Never said Bush did it. But under he and Chaney, the oil industry was defacto unregulated and was able to leave critical safety devices off these rigs. Big Oil "knew" best on how to operate and they were left alone to do what they wanted.
They were working at the absolute edge of current technology and know one care because there is this central belief on the Right that big business needs to be left alone as they are the "experts," and that government regulation is wrong.
Now we have this happen and all anyone says is where was the govenment?
The same as what heppend with Madoff.

Rubber stamping and failing to do inspections is as much a problem now as then. Stop diverting blame, it is juvenile.

Forum List

Back