So TR-8R Eclipses Other Star Wars Heroes? Why?

[

Anyone organization that would build a Death Star can't be all bad.

And hey! They mostly wear White Hats.

Meh, not really. Frankly, the kinds of resources that would go into building a Death Star could also be spent on infrastructure and winning people's loyalty that way.

You see, here's kind of my problem with TFA. It's 30 years since Endor. The link between the Empire and the First Order is really not made clear. The Galaxy kind of looks like it a mess, though. People on the desert planet are a lot more miserable than the people of Tantoonine were. Rae is someone who is living off the land scavanging the tons of wreckage of the Star Wars lying all over the place.

Yet it looks like the First Order is not only getting the same equipment the Empire had, but they are getting the new upgraded versions.

[

Meh, not really. Frankly, the kinds of resources that would go into building a Death Star could also be spent on infrastructure and winning people's loyalty that way.

You see, here's kind of my problem with TFA. It's 30 years since Endor. The link between the Empire and the First Order is really not made clear. The Galaxy kind of looks like it a mess, though. People on the desert planet are a lot more miserable than the people of Tantoonine were. Rae is someone who is living off the land scavanging the tons of wreckage of the Star Wars lying all over the place.

Yet it looks like the First Order is not only getting the same equipment the Empire had, but they are getting the new upgraded versions.

TFA is a bridge. A homage to post modernism that took 30 years to make. Its not meant to be an original story. Its meant to lay the foundation for original stories by connecting two complex narratives. And it worked perfectly. It was *exactly* what it was intended to be. And from its record shattering results, exactly what fans wanted.

My primary beef with the film is that Rey is too beefy. With the exception of the X wing pilot, she's better than everyone on everything. She's the best warrior, the best pilot, the best mechanic, the moral heart of the film, the best everything.

Its too much for one character, narratively speaking.

[

TFA is a bridge. A homage to post modernism that took 30 years to make. Its not meant to be an original story. Its meant to lay the foundation for original stories by connecting two complex narratives. And it worked perfectly. It was *exactly* what it was intended to be. And from its record shattering results, exactly what fans wanted.

My primary beef with the film is that Rey is too beefy. With the exception of the X wing pilot, she's better than everyone on everything. She's the best warrior, the best pilot, the best mechanic, the moral heart of the film, the best everything.

Its too much for one character, narratively speaking.

Very well said. However, my problem with force awakens is kind of like my problem with Abram's Star Trek films. He is just passing through the universe without being a part of it. I would call it "Star Wars Flavored".

Hopefuly, they will expand on this universe the way Empire expanded on Star Wars (I refuse to call it A New Hope).

Oh for fucks sake ! It was a movie! Can we stop putting ulterior motives to everything? Of course they chose a girl and a black guy to be PC but who cares! The story didn't focus on their sex or color. God grow up

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

People it's just a movie sheesh.

Oh for fucks sake ! It was a movie! Can we stop putting ulterior motives to everything? Of course they chose a girl and a black guy to be PC but who cares! The story didn't focus on their sex or color. God grow up

I think it is a legit question, 'Why is a Bad Guy Storm Trooper so wildly popular?'

That is a legit question as I think it reflects a slight change in our societies preference for anti-heroes rather than heroes.

We no longer prefer the Rae types who can do anything, convince/charm anyone and always wins no matter what the odds and is essentially pursuing her own interests and circumstances lead her reluctantly into a heroic role.

Meanwhile TR-8R is only given about 20 seconds, dies being shot in the back and is most noted for his loyalty, something the old SS was famous for.

Instead of John Wayne we seem to have developed a preference for Horst Wessel.

What is a TR-8R? Get a fucking life people. Do you seek out Campbell's Star Wars edition soups too?
The character had no name in the movie and since all he said was calling Fin a traitor his online name he has been given is TR-8R.

And I have a fucking life, thank you.

Forum List

Back