*Spoiler Alert* Do not read this if you are going to see Star Wars

J.J. Abrams is the reason why the new Star Wars sucks.

He produced Lost, which sucked from beginning to end, with the worst ending of all time, except maybe forr the Sopranos

He produced Dollhouse, which started ok, but then sucked.

He produced Mission Impossible movies, which were untrue to the original, and was just mindless runniing around, and sucked.

He produced the two Star Trek, which included a sex scene between Spock and Uhura, and became a giant chase scene, and sucked.

Except that it doesn't. Fans love it, critics love it, and its an economic thunderbolt. Its one of the best reviewed films of the year. By every metric of success and quality, it is.

You don't like it. And you don't have to. By all the broken box office records, there are plenty of folks that disagree.

What melt down….why is it you guys always see any post here as some sort of emotional melt down.

Except that it doesn't. Fans love it, critics love it, and its an economic thunderbolt. Its one of the best reviewed films of the year. By every metric of success and quality, it is.

You don't like it. And you don't have to. By all the broken box office records, there are plenty of folks that disagree.

A lot of people loved Guardians of the Galaxy too….and that was one of the worst movies I have ever seen….

A lot of people loved Guardians of the Galaxy too….and that was one of the worst movies I have ever seen….

You don't have to like it. The critics loved it, audiences loved it, and it made boatloads of money. By every objective standards of quality, it is.

You don't have to like it. The critics loved it, audiences loved it, and it made boatloads of money. By every objective standards of quality, it is.

I never said otherwise….

I was never a joiner. I've always fought off the peer pressure to do something I didn't want to do.

So I'm going to say this: I don't care how many people like the new Star Wars, I don't care how much the movies and all the merchandise rake in cash.

If I have to stand alone on this, well so be it.

It is my opinion that this episode of Star Wars sucks.

And it's worse than the prequel movies, because the prequel movies at least had new ideas: like podraces, clone troopers, a politician who manipulates both sides in a war, until he is granted emergency power, the birth of Luke and Leia with a maternal medical droid, the epic lightsaber duel between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker.

Force Awakens is a reboot, not a sequel.

I'm beginning to realize that that the much maligned George Lucas, had the creative genius to create the Star Wars movie. Without him, the movies are just a rehash of what has already happened.

I know it isn't Star Wars but this reminds me of that SNL skit where William Shatner is answering questions at a Star Trek convention and gets so annoyed at the people that he tells them to "Get a Life".

It's just a movie. Just enjoy it and don't get into the minutiae.
Bah! Dont tell me that; I live for minutiae! IT is my life's joy and functional salvation!

lol

I know it isn't Star Wars but this reminds me of that SNL skit where William Shatner is answering questions at a Star Trek convention and gets so annoyed at the people that he tells them to "Get a Life".

It's just a movie. Just enjoy it and don't get into the minutiae.
Why do I have to enjoy it?

Good God, why am I compelled to go and see some movie that I have already seen fifty times in episode 4?

You make no sense to me, dude.

I got dragged to it by my little nephew because no one else would take him. It was my Christmas gift to him and I didn't complain a bit because I didn't wanna ruin it for him. He loved it. Kids haha.

BUT...once he was gone...I ripped it. I knew I wouldn't like it. It's a movie made for Obama voters. Diversity trumps qualifications. The Storm Trooper academy learned it's lesson. They boosted their diversity and it cost them their entire planet. The female trooper? Weak. It's her fault the shields went down. Make that 2 fuck ups by diversity hires the Storm Troopers made.

It's not just a movie. Star Wars is a lot bigger than that. It is the biggest sci-fi franchise in the world. The movies have changed people's lives, it has inspired them, it is a glue that binds us together, across the generations. In other words, the Star Wars experience is like the Force itself. No movie every came close to the original Star Wars movies. Personally, I watched the original Star Wars eight times in the movie theaters, and countless times at home. It never gets old no matter how many times I see it.

From the first scene, where an Imperial Cruiser passes slowly overhead, seeming to go on forever, the magic starts to happen. The walking tanks, another stroke of genius. Lightsaber duels, between the good and evil. Darth Vader's use of language during the duel, to intimidate, seduce, and anger opponents.

Best line, EVER:

"Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for... sister. So, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark Side... then perhaps she will..."

There was nothing in The Force Awakened that came close to matching Darth Vader's evil. This a man who would seduce his own son to evil and threaten to do the same to his daughter. And Luke's reaction was epic. He got so pissed off that he brought Vader down with rapid hammer attacks, drawing off the Dark Side. Only when Vader was on his back and helpless did Luke calm down.

The twerp dressed in a Darth Vader suit was a disaster. Even the Vatican newspaper has said in its review of the movie that the new villains in A Force Awakened are a disaster.

'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Gets a Terrible Review From the Vatican

The reason I hate this movie so much is because I see it as a parasite, drawing all its strength from the original, but offering nothing new in return. The trailers were good, and made me believe the movie would be good. I was disappointed because everything I loved about Star Wars was stuck in there, but nothing original was added. And really, this is the THIRD TIME THAT THE REBELS DESTROYED THE PLANET BUSTING WEAPON WITH X-WINGS GOING DOWN A TRENCH.

Here's my solution for the next installment. BRING GEORGE LUCAS BACK. Just because he fucked up the prequels doesn't mean he can't contribute new ideas to Star Wars. The difference will be that Lucas no longer has all the power, which is the reason the prequels sucked. Others would be around, to check him, and keep his stupidest ideas from getting out of control.

Funny how diversity is what doomed the Storm Trooper empire.

Unqualified black male and woman couldn't maintain the ST standards and it cost them the total destruction of the planet.

It's not just a movie. Star Wars is a lot bigger than that. It is the biggest sci-fi franchise in the world. The movies have changed people's lives, it has inspired them, it is a glue that binds us together, across the generations. In other words, the Star Wars experience is like the Force itself. No movie every came close to the original Star Wars movies. Personally, I watched the original Star Wars eight times in the movie theaters, and countless times at home. It never gets old no matter how many times I see it.

From the first scene, where an Imperial Cruiser passes slowly overhead, seeming to go on forever, the magic starts to happen. The walking tanks, another stroke of genius. Lightsaber duels, between the good and evil. Darth Vader's use of language during the duel, to intimidate, seduce, and anger opponents.

Best line, EVER:

"Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for... sister. So, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark Side... then perhaps she will..."

There was nothing in The Force Awakened that came close to matching Darth Vader's evil. This a man who would seduce his own son to evil and threaten to do the same to his daughter. And Luke's reaction was epic. He got so pissed off that he brought Vader down with rapid hammer attacks, drawing off the Dark Side. Only when Vader was on his back and helpless did Luke calm down.

The twerp dressed in a Darth Vader suit was a disaster. Even the Vatican newspaper has said in its review of the movie that the new villains in A Force Awakened are a disaster.

'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Gets a Terrible Review From the Vatican

The reason I hate this movie so much is because I see it as a parasite, drawing all its strength from the original, but offering nothing new in return. The trailers were good, and made me believe the movie would be good. I was disappointed because everything I loved about Star Wars was stuck in there, but nothing original was added. And really, this is the THIRD TIME THAT THE REBELS DESTROYED THE PLANET BUSTING WEAPON WITH X-WINGS GOING DOWN A TRENCH.

Here's my solution for the next installment. BRING GEORGE LUCAS BACK. Just because he fucked up the prequels doesn't mean he can't contribute new ideas to Star Wars. The difference will be that Lucas no longer has all the power, which is the reason the prequels sucked. Others would be around, to check him, and keep his stupidest ideas from getting out of control.

I think Star Wars is a mirror to the current values and mindset of a dying political establishment, in all its strengths and flaws.

That the writers could not come up with a believable story line for Rae's rising is telling; they dont understand the real world enough any more to pull it off, so they dont even bother.

Rae's accomplishments and total kickass skills in piloting, shooting, and lightsaber dueling was the stupidest part of the movie.

In the original Star Wars, they made sure to establish that Luke had a sniper rifle and extraordinary skills as a pilot.

In fan fiction, you would categorize Rae as a "Mary Sue" character.

She was easy on the eyes, so that's my primary interest in the character.

Some people think there is some sort of romance between Rae and Finn, but I doubt it. I did not see any chemistry between them. Finn does not have any of the skills Rae possesses, and we all know that stormtroopers are very bad at shooting, and their armor offers absolutely no protection. Race may make a difference. In Hollywood, they are still reluctant to have mixed-race couples. Sometimes they will pair up a black man with a white woman to make it clear that they are not going to get romantically involved, but will remain "friends."

Also, in this day and age, we can no longer assume that any given character is straight. There are so many options for gender identity, and some people say there is a gender which isn't a gender at all. All this new stupidity started right after the gays got same-sex marriage.

Rae's accomplishments and total kickass skills in piloting, shooting, and lightsaber dueling was the stupidest part of the movie.

In the original Star Wars, they made sure to establish that Luke had a sniper rifle and extraordinary skills as a pilot.

In fan fiction, you would categorize Rae as a "Mary Sue" character.

She was easy on the eyes, so that's my primary interest in the character.

Some people think there is some sort of romance between Rae and Finn, but I doubt it. I did not see any chemistry between them. Finn does not have any of the skills Rae possesses, and we all know that stormtroopers are very bad at shooting, and their armor offers absolutely no protection. Race may make a difference. In Hollywood, they are still reluctant to have mixed-race couples. Sometimes they will pair up a black man with a white woman to make it clear that they are not going to get romantically involved, but will remain "friends."

Also, in this day and age, we can no longer assume that any given character is straight. There are so many options for gender identity, and some people say there is a gender which isn't a gender at all. All this new stupidity started right after the gays got same-sex marriage.

I think you are wrong about Hollyweird being too shy with mixed race couples. I have seen it so many times I cant even count them. Seems like if you see two characters that are inter-racial friends, they will be banging in short time.

As to gender bender crap and Rae's "Mary Sue" character; doesnt she seem butch to you? I could easily imagine her with a life time membership to 'Strap on Tools'.

I see Rae as more like a tomboy than a lesbian. Maybe it's my reluctance to believe that a woman I find attractive would not find men to be their preference.

Rae is a polar opposite to Padme in the prequels. Padme was very feminine and had a different very sexy dress in every scene. I mean, while she was telling Anakin that their relationship was impossible, she was dressed so provacitaby that she looked like a tease. Had she decided to dress like a normal person, Anakin might not have gotten so hot and bothered about her, married her, and turn to the Dark Side to save her from death.

Padme and Leia are royalty and move in high circles of power within the Republican/Rebellion. Rae is a street-wise kid who is basically homeless and collects bottles and cans to buy the next meal.

Forum List

Back