*Spoiler Alert* Do not read this if you are going to see Star Wars

Man 2aguy can find a reason to be butthurt about anything

Some folks are just naturally contrary. Or think too much.

Most others just went and watched the film while munching on popcorn. It was a lot of fun!
Mwaah female hero? PC!!! Worst movie evar! :mad:

:rofl:

It was good. My only complaint is that she could do to much. She was a great pilot, a gearhead, a warrior, the moral center, and used the force. They might have spread the powers around a bit. The ex-stormtrooper just spent most of the film like Kirk in the Star Trek reboot: getting his ass kicked.

Most others just went and watched the film while munching on popcorn. It was a lot of fun!

It was good. My only complaint is that she could do to much. She was a great pilot, a gearhead, a warrior, the moral center, and used the force. They might have spread the powers around a bit. The ex-stormtrooper just spent most of the film like Kirk in the Star Trek reboot: getting his ass kicked.
I don't think she did too much. She just held her own. Remember she made her living digging through old ships so she knows how they work, she could fight which is reasonable considering she grew up around crazy scavengers and was possibly trained before arriving on the planet, and we don't know how she got her piloting skills yet.

Last edited:

I don't think she did too much. Bshe just held her own. Remember she made her living digging through old ships so she knows how they work, she could fight which is reasonable considering she grew up around crazy scavengers and was possibly trained before arriving on the planet, and we don't know how she got her piloting skills yet.

She's the 2nd best pilot in the movie, told Han Solo how to fix his own ship, was a better light saber duelist than Kylo Ren, and was the moral center of the film.

That's a bit much for one character. At least, right out of the gate.

Luke eventually took on *most* of those roles. But only after a complete character arc and several films. And he was never a gear head. She's all that out of the box.

I don't think she did too much. Bshe just held her own. Remember she made her living digging through old ships so she knows how they work, she could fight which is reasonable considering she grew up around crazy scavengers and was possibly trained before arriving on the planet, and we don't know how she got her piloting skills yet.

She's the 2nd best pilot in the movie, told Han Solo how to fix his own ship, was a better light saber duelist than Kylo Ren, and was the moral center of the film.

Luke eventually took on *most* of those roles. But only after a complete character arc and several films. And he was never a gear head. She's all that out of the box.
Kylo was badly injured before they fought. As for piloting like I said they still haven't told us where she got that skill or how. And Han was never very good at fixing the Falcon in the first place, not to mention he hadn't seen it in years.

Kylo was badly injured before they fought.

As he was when he kicked Finn's ass. But Finn still lost. And this after having the light saber most of the movie. Rey just holds it for the first time....and wins a light saber duel. Easily. She also 'out forced' Renn when he tried to read her mind, turning the tables and reading his instead.

All the best shots of the Millenium Falcon flying through the superstructure of ships or fighting off tie fighters was Rey. That little 'cut the power to flip the ship' move was one of the best flying moves of the movie. And, of course, Rey.

Plus, she schooled Solo on how to fix his own ship. Twice.

Its too much. Out of the box, she's simply too bad ass. If not for the X-Wing pilot, she would literally be the best at everything in the entire movie. Best fighter, best duelist, best mechanic, best pilot, best everything.

As he was when he kicked Finn's ass. But Finn still lost. And this after having the light saber most of the movie. Rey just holds it for the first time....and wins a light saber duel. Easily. She also 'out forced' Renn when he tried to read her mind, turning the tables and reading his instead.

All the best shots of the Millenium Falcon flying through the superstructure of ships or fighting off tie fighters was Rey. That little 'cut the power to flip the ship' move was one of the best flying moves of the movie. And, of course, Rey.

Its too much. Out of the box, she's simply too bad ass. If not for the X-Wing pilot, she would literally be the best at everything in the entire movie. Best fighter, best duelist, best mechanic, best pilot, best everything.
I already explained how she could be better at fixing the Falcon than Han, and how we have no idea where she got her piloting skills. Maybe she is a piloting badass.

Finn does not have the force. If anything, Kylo didn't whoop his ass enough.

Luke was the best pilot in E4. But even after training, still lost to Vadar in E5. It wasn't until E6 that he finally managed what Rey did the first time she held a light saber.

And this after 3 films, losing his hand, and getting training from the the former head of the Jedi Councel.

Luke was the best pilot in E4. But even after training, still lost to Vadar in E5. It wasn't until E6 that he finally managed what Rey did the first time she held a light saber.

And this after 3 films, losing his hand, and getting training from the the former head of the Jedi Councel.
Vader was a Sith Lord master. Ren is still a padawan since he has not finished his training. You can't compare the 2. If Snoke had fought Rey, a far better comparison to vader, he would have probably destroyed her.

I already explained how she could be better at fixing the Falcon than Han, and how we have no idea where she got her piloting skills. Maybe she is a piloting badass.

And maybe she's a dueling savant. And maybe she's a force master. And maybe she makes jullian fries. I'm just saying its too much for one character out of the box.

She was better than *everyone* in that movie at *everything* they did.....with the lone exception of the X-wing pilot. And even at that, she was a close number 2.

OK, since Grandma cowardly calls me a liar in an internet forum, I will explain why I didn't reveal everything I know.

I wanted to keep the big secrets to myself, just in case someone wandered into this thread and read my review.

But now that the spoilers have been revealed, I will go in more details.

The entire movie makes no fucking sense.

Why is Finn a stormtrooper in the first place? When they order the stormtroopers to kill the villagers, was this the first time he realized that he was working for the baddies?

How did Rae, who has grown up as a scavenger (equivalent to the job of a homeless person in our galaxy) get so many badass skills as a fencer and a starship pilot?

At the end of the movie, Rae finds Luke Skywalker and offers him the lightsabre, what happens after that?

Well here's the thing, there is nothing Luke can teach Rae about lightsaber dueling, because she is already good enough to stay alive in a duel with a dark side Sith.

And there was nothing Han Solo could teach Rae about flying a space ship, but she was already a hot shot pilot before she met him.

Also, she's already better at mind control than Ben Kenobi. There is no explanation as to why she knew she could do mind control. She just tries it out, and it works.

If this were fan fiction (and maybe that's what this real is) Rae is the Mary Sue character, and though she's new to the team, all the older characters look up to her for her leadership.

And "General" Leia gives Rae a big motherly hug. Why she she hug a girl she has never met before? Again, not explained.

If I had it my way, this movie, and all the Star Wars merchandise, should be thrown in a trash compacter and shot out of the airlock, to wander around the universe and never be seen again.

The episode is titled "The Force Awakens".
Obviously Rae is realizing what the force is and that she is able to use it, no doubt because Luke is guiding her to it and him.
I believe Rae will be revealed to be Luke's daughter.This was hinted at by the mention of her parents leaving her alone. This was done to no doubt to keep her hidden and safe from the dark side until she was ready to face it. This brings the family full circle as Kylo Ren is her cousin and struggling with the dark side just as Aniken and Luke did.

The next movie will pick up where this one left off. Obviously then Luke will train her and they together will attempt to retrieve Kylo from the dark side just as Luke did with Aniken.

Movie three is the Skywalker clan fighting together to destroy the super villain and restore balance to the force.

Luke is the key to all of the unanswered weirdness. Luke used the force to free Fin from the stormtrooper brainwashing so he could aid Po and Rae. Luke led Han and Chewie to be in the right place to intercept them knowing he would get them where they needed to be. Let's not forget that finding Luke was the mission all along.

Last edited:

And maybe she's a dueling savant. And maybe she's a force master. And maybe she makes jullian fries. I'm just saying its too much for one character out of the box.

She was better than *everyone* in that movie at *everything* they did.....with the lone exception of the X-wing pilot. And even at that, she was a close number 2.

and who is butt hurt now......

Isn't there a " libs only want stormtroopers to have blasters" thread you're late for?

Isn't there a " libs only want stormtroopers to have blasters" thread you're late for?

and what did Han Solo hand young Rae,on the planet.............? Was it a fairy wand and pixie dust?

Riddle me this genius.....what did Han Solo hand the character Rae when they landed on the rebel planet? Care to answer that one...........?

and most people sit their with their brains turned off...they vote that way too.....

Its just a movie. No one is elected when you watch it. Take a breath.

I am not a lefty....I don't have to be reminded to keep breathing...sadly that isn't true of lefties.....

and most people sit their with their brains turned off...they vote that way too.....

I am not a lefty....I don't have to be reminded to keep breathing...sadly that isn't true of lefties.....

Clearly you're clenching up a bit. As its just a film .All your babble about 'voting' is just that. Babble.

Take a breath, enjoy the popcorn....and relax. Its entertainment. You're taking it far too seriously.

You do.
You just had a mini meltdown in a thread about a scifi movie. You can't help yourself.

Forum List

Back