Spoiler Free Review of Star Wars: The Force Awakens 5/5 Stars

Goku-San

Rookie
Dec 17, 2015
Dong Wong
No spoilers here! I demand a permaban if I let one slip!

Alright let's go:

JJ Abrams just GETS IT! He nails the atmosphere of the Star Wars Universe from the opening crawl to the final, emotionally nerve wracking scene!

Let's split the review up into 3 spoiler free sections.

1. The New Cast
2. The Old Cast
3. The Plot

The New Cast

These people were all brilliant:

Daisy Ridley (Rey) gives us a breakthrough performance and carries the movie. Remember her name. You'll be hearing it a lot over the next 20+ years. She earns the audience's sympathy with her background, and their respect with her inner strength. This girl is a role model.

John Boyega (Finn) plays a tragic/comedic counterpart to Ridley's character. Their chemistry is remarkable and is the best part of the film. I can't tell you any more without spoiling things.

Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) is a badass. Can't tell you any more without spoiling things.

Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) plays the role of the dark side baddie. Ohhh man do I want to tell you more about him. I'll just say he rocks his role. He's a far more interesting dark side character than Anakin, and maybe even Vader himself in the next 2 movies.

Captain Phasma, Maz Kanata, General Hux, Supreme Leader Snope, etc. ---- I can't tell you much about them without spoiling things so we'll skip over it.

The Old Cast

Han Solo (Harrison Ford) is one part mentor, another part nostalgia fest. He fucking kills it. That's it for spoiler free.

Leia (Carrie Fischer) fulfills her obligations. Fischer never did much after the original Star Wars trilogy, and it's kinda evident in this film. She was unspectacular. She did her job though, and that's worth acknowledging. I wish she'd brought the bluster of her younger self, but then again this film isn't about her. I still grinned like an idiot when she appeared.

Luke's (Mark Hamill) reveal was profound and perfect.

R2-D2, C-3PO, Ackbar, etc. either aren't worth mentioning or are spoiler alerts.

The Plot

It's Star Wars. No trade agreements, no shitty acting, no stupid effects, no embarrassing characters... just Star Wars. It's a space opera that is pretty silly, but gives you goosebumps. And they pulled it off!

sSW_saberfight2.gif

you created an acct here to talk about a new movie?

I also think it sounds promotional
The new account was actually supposed to be something hilarious, but I fucked up and posted what, in my opinion, is an OUTSTANDING REVIEW of the movie!

And so I'm just going with it... :dunno:

J.J. Abrams seems to have the magic touch. He revived the Star Trek franchise with an almost perfect transitional movie and now it sounds like he's done it again with Star Wars. They say one reason he's a cinematic master of this genre is because he loves this shit so much. I have to concede so do I. I might even go to a theater for the first time in years.

J.J. Abrams seems to have the magic touch. He revived the Star Trek franchise with an almost perfect transitional movie and now it sounds like he's done it again with Star Wars. They say one reason he's a cinematic master of this genre is because he loves this shit so much. I have to concede so do I. I might even go to a theater for the first time in years.
Do it! It's worth it :thup:

Yea my friend who saw it last night (Thursday) said it was like the original.

he destroyed Star Trek....its no longer Trek....its his version of a Star Trek type of show...im sure Roddenberry would be tickled at his copycat movies...

Last edited:
No spoilers here! I demand a permaban if I let one slip!

Alright let's go:

JJ Abrams just GETS IT! He nails the atmosphere of the Star Wars Universe from the opening crawl to the final, emotionally nerve wracking scene!

Let's split the review up into 3 spoiler free sections.

1. The New Cast
2. The Old Cast
3. The Plot

The New Cast

These people were all brilliant:

Daisy Ridley (Rey) gives us a breakthrough performance and carries the movie. Remember her name. You'll be hearing it a lot over the next 20+ years. She earns the audience's sympathy with her background, and their respect with her inner strength. This girl is a role model.

John Boyega (Finn) plays a tragic/comedic counterpart to Ridley's character. Their chemistry is remarkable and is the best part of the film. I can't tell you any more without spoiling things.

Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) is a badass. Can't tell you any more without spoiling things.

Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) plays the role of the dark side baddie. Ohhh man do I want to tell you more about him. I'll just say he rocks his role. He's a far more interesting dark side character than Anakin, and maybe even Vader himself in the next 2 movies.

Captain Phasma, Maz Kanata, General Hux, Supreme Leader Snope, etc. ---- I can't tell you much about them without spoiling things so we'll skip over it.

The Old Cast

Han Solo (Harrison Ford) is one part mentor, another part nostalgia fest. He fucking kills it. That's it for spoiler free.

Leia (Carrie Fischer) fulfills her obligations. Fischer never did much after the original Star Wars trilogy, and it's kinda evident in this film. She was unspectacular. She did her job though, and that's worth acknowledging. I wish she'd brought the bluster of her younger self, but then again this film isn't about her. I still grinned like an idiot when she appeared.

Luke's (Mark Hamill) reveal was profound and perfect.

R2-D2, C-3PO, Ackbar, etc. either aren't worth mentioning or are spoiler alerts.

The Plot

It's Star Wars. No trade agreements, no shitty acting, no stupid effects, no embarrassing characters... just Star Wars. It's a space opera that is pretty silly, but gives you goosebumps. And they pulled it off!

Jar-Jar-Binks-Top-Tenz.jpg

Me no in Star Wars? Me so sad

Sad ending for Han Solo as his son Kylo Ren impales him with his lightsaber and he falls into an abyss with Chewie looking on in horror. Just kidding!
:dance:

Forum List

Back