*Spoiler Alert* Do not read this if you are going to see Star Wars

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Every one in the galaxy, including the Emperor, likes the new Star Wars except me.

And before I begin my review, I thought Lucas was greedy as he made billions selling toys, lunch boxes, games based on Star Wars.

But I was wrong. Disney is so greedy that we must all stand in awe as every commercial on TV ties in with Star Wars: pick-up trucks, cell phones, soup, it doesn't matter what it is, it ties in with Star Wars. This is greed at a level that George Lucas could not match. He sold Star Wars to Disney for $4 billion. Disney will take that much in less than a year, and the rest will be pure profit.

Now, how to begin the review.

I'm sure you've heard that audiences and critics love this movie, with barely any word of dissent. But someone must tell the truth.

The fact is, the new Star Wars sucks.

And that's because everyone wanted a movie that was just like the original, so that's what they did, they made a movie just like the original.

Here is how it goes:

There is a black stormtrooper who defects to the "Resistance" (new name for the Rebellion). He refuses to shoot helpless villagers while the other storm troopers have no problem with it. He is the replacement for Lando Calrissian, just a reminder that not all humans are white in the Star Wars universe. Otherwise, he's clueless about what's going on, or why he's supposed to kill people. This guy would have failed the psych exam in Stormtrooper school.

There is the fighter pilot hot shot, who is the replacement for Luke Skywalker before he met Yoda. we never really get to know about him, because is time on stage is less than five minutes.

The stormtrooper rescues the hot shot pilot, and they somehow escape in a two seat TIE fighter, but not without slaughtering hundreds of stormtroopers in the process.

And that's right, TIE fighters are still used by the Empire (not really the Empire but a group called "The New Order" but I will get to that.

Wait, I skipped something important. Before he is captured the hot shot pilot gives secret plans to a droid and tells him to keep it safe.

And by the way, this is happening on a desert planet, which isn't Tatooine, but looks like it.

Also, there is a girl who somehow has every skill known. If this was fan fiction, she is the Mary Sue. Everyone, even Han Solo, follows her leadership.

Oh, did I mention Han Solo and Chewbacca are in the movie, and the Millenium Falcon?

Didn't want to skip that detail.

By this time in the movie, I realized that this is not a sequel, it is a remake of the first movie.

There was no explanation why, despite the fact that the Empire was destroyed in Episode 6, they are still destroying planets with a weapon that is even more powerful than the two Death Stars.

But after thinking carefully, you realize that all the events in Episode 6 did not really happen. We've got the same Empire fighting with the same Rebellion, but both sides have changed their names. And they haven't even changed the fighters they use, the uniforms, or anything else.

I'm not going to go into details about all the battles and other shit that happens. That's expected in a Star Wars movie. And once again, armies of Stormtroopers are no match for a teenage girl, a Stormtrooper deserter, and an old man and his old Wookie companion. Oh, yeah they have a droid too, only now he's orange and he rolls around on a ball. How the head stays on a rolling ball was not explained. In fact, nothing is explained.

The teenage girl, who's name is Rae I believe, has proven that feminism has changed everything since the original movie was made. She is a Princess Leia replacement, but she is also a Han Solo replacement, and a Luke Skywalker replacement. She doesn't really need help from anyone, and when others try to help her, she gets pissed off. When the black stormtrooper reject grabs her hand to help her run faster from explosions, all she can think about how she doesn't like him to hold her hand. This is very PC, which tells us that we must never touch women unless we get written consent. Or maybe she's a racist.

I'm getting more and more exasperated writing this, because there's still a long way to go to describe how truly shitty this movie is. Of course, that's only my opinion, a lone voice in a chorus of people who like the movie and watch more.

But here's the movie in short: it steals everything that ever happened in the previous six movies.

Cantina full of underworld aliens. Check.

TIE fighters battling X-wing fighters. Check,

A character that sells scrap she finds in the desert. Check.

Ok, that means that she is a Jawa replacement character too.

She fights with a long stick, making her a Sand People replacement character.

And I was bored through all of it, because I knew that whatever the odds, the main characters would survive with only minor wounds.

Except one, but that was predictable too.

And this is the "big secret" of the movie, so I won't talk about it.

But I saw it coming, and in hindsight, it was the only way to get rid of this guy, because otherwise he is hogging the spot light from the new characters, especially Rae.

Remember all the hype about the female stormtrooper in a metal outfit. She doesn't do shit and I wonder why they even put her in the movie. Maybe she was a token character for the bad guys, proving that the Empire also follows PC rules that women are now allowed in combat.

I won't even tell you how the big planet smashing weapon is destroyed. That's because you have already seen it twice before. The SAME DAMN THING EVERY TIME.

Did Disney ever do anything that was original in this movie. No, because Disney plays it safe. They want to make billions on the merchandise, and they're not going to risk it on a movie that isn't totally like the previous 6 movies.

The only character that I can understand is "General" Leia. She's old, she's tired, she's worn out. Apparently, she's been fighting the same war for 30 years, and there's been no progress in all that time. It's like our war in Afghanistan and Iraq. There is no end, because when the Empire is destroyed, a newer group pops up that is even more evil than the Empire, or even worse.

The old Empire killed Jawas and Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru for a reason, to cover their tracks while looking for the droids. When Grand Moff Tarkin destroyed Alderaan, they had a reason, which was to try to get Leia to disclose the hidden Rebel base.

The new Empire kills just for the hell of it, slaughtering villagers and blowing up planets for no reason. They are like ISIS, and there's no point in trying to negotiate with them.

The movie ends in a predictable way. I won't spoil this "secret" either. Let's just say that it is a good intro into the next movie, letting audiences know that Star Wars will never, ever, ever, ever end.

I totally agree, blackrook.

I posted this earlier in another thread in the general forum.

WARNING SPOILERS ! ! ! !

1. It felt like a reboot of Episode 4, the first one that came out way back in like 76. All through the movie it felt like I had already seen it.
2. It was entirely predictable. About a month ago I predicted that Luke Skywalker would go Dark Side, instead it was his nephew. And it is so predictable that I can bet you that the new female hero is Luke's daughter. JJ Abrams forecast so much it felt like everything was being spelled out ahead of time. Nothing was surprising, not even Han Solo's death. The Wookie surviving was surprising but Star Wars is science fantasy, not science fiction.
3. The movie was totally PC, and it kind of rubs your nose in it. We have the old tired stereotype of a black guy and white girl falling in love. That is so DONE it is like the new normal. For fucks sake, cant we have the heroic green girl fall in love with a purple octopus that travels in a fish tank? They could pull that off. But that isnt PC, while a black guy bonking a white girl is PC, even though the whole thing was thoroughly explored back in the nineties. I suspect episode 8 is going to have queers and trannies and episode 9 will be a starbase that falls because the Wookie sneaks in and gets a First Order bestiality orgy going. The whole thing is JJ Abrams licking the boots of all the Marxist fucktards that run Hollyweird these days. Disgusting, predictable and totally boring.
4. They set the movie up as a stand alone movie. The quest was to find Luke Skywalker and they do by the end of the movie, so you dont feel like you are missing anything, there is no hook I felt that makes me want to see the next one at all.
5. Thought it is science fantasy, that doesnt mean it gets a pass on all the science and common sense errors, like the planet not having frozen over after the systems sun was destroyed. Seriously, everyone on the surface should have frozen. There is no way that a person without training in swordsmanship is going to defeat a trained swordsman. They wouldnt last five seconds, even with the force. I had to fight to suspend disbelief because of all the nonsensical bullshit that the movie is filled with......

Yeah, from the look of the bad guy resembling Vader (maybe its a Syth thing?) to it starting in a desert with a lonely orphan who then gets ensnarled in a galactic rebellion with Han and Chewy in the Millenium Falcon and they meet some mysterious people at a strange canteena filled with aliens and they escape from theplanet in the nick of time with evil Empire, errrr, I mean First ORder fighters hot on their tails, and they meet at a rebel base and take off to destroy this huge Imperi...First Order star base that is bigger than a mon, no bigger than an entire planet and they have to take out this critical station that is barely protected and one of the heroes is brutally killed in front of the impressionable young heroes and they escape once again in the Millenial Falcon as the whole station/planet collapses around them.

Yeah, I kept feeling like 'Didnt I see this movie before?'.....

I think JJ was stealing off of Harry Potter and we have Darth Snope the rude magic teacher. and the name of the evil emporer was Snope too, I think. Hell, I'm not sure, I was fighting to stay awake....

Yeah, JJ Abrams is apparently the master of leakage. But even without the leaks, you just knew that Solo was going to get it, especialyl when he brazenly walked in front of dozens of Storm Troopers to talk to his son. This was like the official seal to the notion that one of the safest places in the universe is in the sights of a Storm Trooper as the dude showed no concern at all. And then the way the son brought his light saber up to Han was just silly and there was no tension, you knew at that point that Han was going to get skewered so when it happened, I felt like 'About damned time!'

Star Wars Episode 7; Three Out of Five Stars at Best. SPOILER ALERT!!!!!! | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I know it isn't Star Wars but this reminds me of that SNL skit where William Shatner is answering questions at a Star Trek convention and gets so annoyed at the people that he tells them to "Get a Life".

It's just a movie. Just enjoy it and don't get into the minutiae.

It's abundantly clear that Blackrook got every bit of his information from the movie trailers. He never saw the film, as Jim Bowie did.

Dumbass.

Don't try to fool the Jedi among us.

I know it isn't Star Wars but this reminds me of that SNL skit where William Shatner is answering questions at a Star Trek convention and gets so annoyed at the people that he tells them to "Get a Life".

It's just a movie. Just enjoy it and don't get into the minutiae.
Why do I have to enjoy it?

Good God, why am I compelled to go and see some movie that I have already seen fifty times in episode 4?

You make no sense to me, dude.

It's abundantly clear that Blackrook got every bit of his information from the movie trailers. He never saw the film, as Jim Bowie did.

That is not the impression I get. He says it is a review of the movie, and that generally implies he actually saw it, does it not?

OK, you are off the deep end. Did anyone ever tell you that there is no force? It is just a made up concept for a cheap 'Flash Gordon knock off?

Really, it's true,there is no force, lol.

Dumbass.

Reported.

OK, since Grandma cowardly calls me a liar in an internet forum, I will explain why I didn't reveal everything I know.

I wanted to keep the big secrets to myself, just in case someone wandered into this thread and read my review.

But now that the spoilers have been revealed, I will go in more details.

The entire movie makes no fucking sense.

Why is Finn a stormtrooper in the first place? When they order the stormtroopers to kill the villagers, was this the first time he realized that he was working for the baddies?

How did Rae, who has grown up as a scavenger (equivalent to the job of a homeless person in our galaxy) get so many badass skills as a fencer and a starship pilot?

At the end of the movie, Rae finds Luke Skywalker and offers him the lightsabre, what happens after that?

Well here's the thing, there is nothing Luke can teach Rae about lightsaber dueling, because she is already good enough to stay alive in a duel with a dark side Sith.

And there was nothing Han Solo could teach Rae about flying a space ship, but she was already a hot shot pilot before she met him.

Also, she's already better at mind control than Ben Kenobi. There is no explanation as to why she knew she could do mind control. She just tries it out, and it works.

If this were fan fiction (and maybe that's what this real is) Rae is the Mary Sue character, and though she's new to the team, all the older characters look up to her for her leadership.

And "General" Leia gives Rae a big motherly hug. Why she she hug a girl she has never met before? Again, not explained.

If I had it my way, this movie, and all the Star Wars merchandise, should be thrown in a trash compacter and shot out of the airlock, to wander around the universe and never be seen again.

Blackrook, you nailed it.

The only answer I can offer is that Leia hugged her because she recognized her as her niece, Luke's daughter, a not so thinly veiled secret.

These poor people are so starved of good writing and movies these days of endless repeats, reboots and sequels that they just dont recognize it any more.

Here's the thing. Rae is such a badass that even if she was only fighting with her stick, the entire rest of the cast, including all the extras working for the New Order and the Resistance, could not defeat her.

It's called Girl Power. "Believe in yourself" is what they say in all the cartoons aimed at girls. In other words, all you need is good self esteem, built up by years of undeserved praise from parents, teachers, and cartoon TV shows, and you can do anything you want to do.

This movie is so fucking awful that it makes me want to grab my foot and tear myself into two.

Example: Finn and Rae are running away from TIE fighters, who are strafing the ground and blowing shit up. Finn grabs Rae's hand to help her run faster, and she complains about it at least three times.

At least Pricess Leia had some fucking common sense. She may have been haughty and dismissive of her rescuers, but at least she would let them grab her hand when it was time to run away from stormtroopers. And she even kissed Luke once as a reward for saving her.

My conclusion of Rae is that she is a lesbian, and found contact with a man disgusting. Or she was racist, and found the touch of a black man disgusting.

This movie is so fucking awful that it makes me want to grab my foot and tear myself into two.

Example: Finn and Rae are running away from TIE fighters, who are strafing the ground and blowing shit up. Finn grabs Rae's hand to help her run faster, and she complains about it at least three times.

At least Pricess Leia had some fucking common sense. She may have been haughty and dismissive of her rescuers, but at least she would let them grab her hand when it was time to run away from stormtroopers. And she even kissed Luke once as a reward for saving her.

My conclusion of Rae is that she is a lesbian, and found contact with a man disgusting. Or she was racist, and found the touch of a black man disgusting.

This movie is politically correct which forces it to expel anything related to Reality and all that nonsense.

Every one in the galaxy, including the Emperor, likes the new Star Wars except me.

And before I begin my review, I thought Lucas was greedy as he made billions selling toys, lunch boxes, games based on Star Wars.

But I was wrong. Disney is so greedy that we must all stand in awe as every commercial on TV ties in with Star Wars: pick-up trucks, cell phones, soup, it doesn't matter what it is, it ties in with Star Wars. This is greed at a level that George Lucas could not match. He sold Star Wars to Disney for $4 billion. Disney will take that much in less than a year, and the rest will be pure profit.

I'm sure you've heard that audiences and critics love this movie, with barely any word of dissent. But someone must tell the truth.

And that's because everyone wanted a movie that was just like the original, so that's what they did, they made a movie just like the original.

Here is how it goes:

There is a black stormtrooper who defects to the "Resistance" (new name for the Rebellion). He refuses to shoot helpless villagers while the other storm troopers have no problem with it. He is the replacement for Lando Calrissian, just a reminder that not all humans are white in the Star Wars universe. Otherwise, he's clueless about what's going on, or why he's supposed to kill people. This guy would have failed the psych exam in Stormtrooper school.

There is the fighter pilot hot shot, who is the replacement for Luke Skywalker before he met Yoda. we never really get to know about him, because is time on stage is less than five minutes.

The stormtrooper rescues the hot shot pilot, and they somehow escape in a two seat TIE fighter, but not without slaughtering hundreds of stormtroopers in the process.

And that's right, TIE fighters are still used by the Empire (not really the Empire but a group called "The New Order" but I will get to that.

Wait, I skipped something important. Before he is captured the hot shot pilot gives secret plans to a droid and tells him to keep it safe.

And by the way, this is happening on a desert planet, which isn't Tatooine, but looks like it.

Also, there is a girl who somehow has every skill known. If this was fan fiction, she is the Mary Sue. Everyone, even Han Solo, follows her leadership.

Oh, did I mention Han Solo and Chewbacca are in the movie, and the Millenium Falcon?

By this time in the movie, I realized that this is not a sequel, it is a remake of the first movie.

There was no explanation why, despite the fact that the Empire was destroyed in Episode 6, they are still destroying planets with a weapon that is even more powerful than the two Death Stars.

But after thinking carefully, you realize that all the events in Episode 6 did not really happen. We've got the same Empire fighting with the same Rebellion, but both sides have changed their names. And they haven't even changed the fighters they use, the uniforms, or anything else.

I'm not going to go into details about all the battles and other shit that happens. That's expected in a Star Wars movie. And once again, armies of Stormtroopers are no match for a teenage girl, a Stormtrooper deserter, and an old man and his old Wookie companion. Oh, yeah they have a droid too, only now he's orange and he rolls around on a ball. How the head stays on a rolling ball was not explained. In fact, nothing is explained.

The teenage girl, who's name is Rae I believe, has proven that feminism has changed everything since the original movie was made. She is a Princess Leia replacement, but she is also a Han Solo replacement, and a Luke Skywalker replacement. She doesn't really need help from anyone, and when others try to help her, she gets pissed off. When the black stormtrooper reject grabs her hand to help her run faster from explosions, all she can think about how she doesn't like him to hold her hand. This is very PC, which tells us that we must never touch women unless we get written consent. Or maybe she's a racist.

I'm getting more and more exasperated writing this, because there's still a long way to go to describe how truly shitty this movie is. Of course, that's only my opinion, a lone voice in a chorus of people who like the movie and watch more.

But here's the movie in short: it steals everything that ever happened in the previous six movies.

And I was bored through all of it, because I knew that whatever the odds, the main characters would survive with only minor wounds.

But I saw it coming, and in hindsight, it was the only way to get rid of this guy, because otherwise he is hogging the spot light from the new characters, especially Rae.

Remember all the hype about the female stormtrooper in a metal outfit. She doesn't do shit and I wonder why they even put her in the movie. Maybe she was a token character for the bad guys, proving that the Empire also follows PC rules that women are now allowed in combat.

I won't even tell you how the big planet smashing weapon is destroyed. That's because you have already seen it twice before. The SAME DAMN THING EVERY TIME.

Did Disney ever do anything that was original in this movie. No, because Disney plays it safe. They want to make billions on the merchandise, and they're not going to risk it on a movie that isn't totally like the previous 6 movies.

The only character that I can understand is "General" Leia. She's old, she's tired, she's worn out. Apparently, she's been fighting the same war for 30 years, and there's been no progress in all that time. It's like our war in Afghanistan and Iraq. There is no end, because when the Empire is destroyed, a newer group pops up that is even more evil than the Empire, or even worse.

The old Empire killed Jawas and Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru for a reason, to cover their tracks while looking for the droids. When Grand Moff Tarkin destroyed Alderaan, they had a reason, which was to try to get Leia to disclose the hidden Rebel base.

The new Empire kills just for the hell of it, slaughtering villagers and blowing up planets for no reason. They are like ISIS, and there's no point in trying to negotiate with them.

The movie ends in a predictable way. I won't spoil this "secret" either. Let's just say that it is a good intro into the next movie, letting audiences know that Star Wars will never, ever, ever, ever end.
Very funny review. Your PC talk is complete bullshit though.

A fix for your review: The Empires is defeated and there is a new Republic. The First Order is remnants of the Empire, sure, but they are supposed to be the Sith more than the Empire. It hasn't really been revealed how the Resistance is related to the Republic yet, besides that apparently they are allies.

I wish they'd used Captain Phasma more after all the hype.

I wish the story had been more different than episode 4, but it was fantastic to see a competently made Star Wars movie again after the prequel disasters.

And how can you complain about X-Wings fighting Tie Fighters?!! You crazy???

This movie is politically correct which forces it to expel anything related to Reality and all that nonsense.
Yeah because there is nothing else in that movie that expels it from anything related to reality :rolleyes:

Here is how it goes:

Does Hans Solo die? Is Luke Skywalker obesely overweight?

Forum List

Back