So Im at the Gas station today

A new trend in big diesel truck owners, "Rolling coal", flaunting environmental laws and common sense. Waste fuel, pollute, and bring attention to yourself doing it. More male ego stupidity. Grow up.

Yet it gets the results it intended to do.

:)

it does, couldn't point out that the driver is an asshole any better way. Even a huge sign on the tailgate saying the driver is an asshole would not be as clear cut.

Not a damn thing. I dont use it for hauling stuff
what does that matter?

Seems odd to drive a truck when you don't have to.
Not to me it doesn't. Besides, if it's your only vehicle, you have to drive it, or walk. And you certainly have to drive it to the gas station to fill up...unless you have diesel delivered to your home.

What seems odd to me is adults thinking it's any of their business what other people drive.

Good for you!

I'd buy the fat bitch a hot dog and a glazed donut just to shut her up for a couple of minutes.

A new trend in big diesel truck owners, "Rolling coal", flaunting environmental laws and common sense. Waste fuel, pollute, and bring attention to yourself doing it. More male ego stupidity. Grow up.

it does, couldn't point out that the driver is an asshole any better way. Even a huge sign on the tailgate saying the driver is an asshole would not be as clear cut.

I am on my 3 rd full size pickup truck, I will never ever buy anything in the future unless it is a big gas guzzling V8 pickup :)

I Bought a F150 this time, (had a Chevy dualy and Dodge Ram) good truck.

Poor lady........had to wait a whole 5 minutes on getting her car filled up...................

Could have just minded her own business and listened to the radio while waiting...........

Just shows some people are just plain rude.............when they should mind their own dang business.............

Got a V8 Chevy now............Just 30 gallon tank..............and it hauls a lot of stuff all the time............hell it hauled dirt just last weekend..........for the wife's flower bed.....

The little prius can only haul a little Liberal fat lady.....

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I drive my 95 F250 351 Windsor high suspension dual gas tanks 4 x 4 most of the time. The Pit Bulls like the room in the full size bed. I keep my 92 El Dorado parked most of the time cuz it uses too much gas and I can't put my welding equipment and the generators in it. I do have a 69 VW bus but the dang motor keeps breaking. It gets great mileage but takes up too much time in repairs.

Nope! Give me a good old Ford Pick up. RELIABILITY! Screw the gas mileage. I want to get where I am going!

I drive my 95 F250 351 Windsor high suspension dual gas tanks 4 x 4 most of the time. The Pit Bulls like the room in the full size bed. I keep my 92 El Dorado parked most of the time cuz it uses too much gas and I can't put my welding equipment and the generators in it. I do have a 69 VW bus but the dang motor keeps breaking. It gets great mileage but takes up too much time in repairs.

Nope! Give me a good old Ford Pick up. RELIABILITY! Screw the gas mileage. I want to get where I am going!
mine is a 06 GMC 3500 dually with the crew cab and 8ft bed. Diesel, Empty I get between 22 and 24 highway if I keep it just below 70mph.

I am on my 3 rd full size pickup truck, I will never ever buy anything in the future unless it is a big gas guzzling V8 pickup :)

I was going to replace mine this year, but when I went and looked, in order to get the same truck with the same options, I would have to pay over 70k now. I like mine again.
If I remember right I think I only paid mid 40s for mine new in 07, it was the last 06 left on the lot when I went to get it.

mine is a 06 GMC 3500 dually with the crew cab and 8ft bed. Diesel, Empty I get between 22 and 24 highway if I keep it just below 70mph.

I was going to replace mine this year, but when I went and looked, in order to get the same truck with the same options, I would have to pay over 70k now. I like mine again.
If I remember right I think I only paid mid 40s for mine new in 07, it was the last 06 left on the lot when I went to get it.

I bought the F 250 from the owner off of Craig's List last summer for $850. The guy had just completely gone through the front end including the diff and all the suspension, brakes and drive lines and put on new tires. Then he went 4 wheeling and blew up the trans. I was in the middle of a rebuild in the VW motor but put it on the back burner and dug into a crash course on rebuilding the C 6 trans. Now the rig is worth between 5-7 thou. It took me 3 months to build the trans. I drives like a brand new truck. NOW I have a vehicle I can depend upon to start my new vocation.. mobile welding, manufacturing and repair. I'm outfitting the rig with a down sized CNC plasma cutter which will give me an edge on making custom parts out in the field. This will ensure a nitch that nobody else has thought of in mobile welding repairs in this neck of the woods. I am installing a receiver hitch in the front for the 12,000 lb winch I just bought so I can easily mount it on the rear hitch when I need to pull myself BACK out of trouble when necessary. I already installed a 1000 lb crane in the back of the bed to handle placement of the heavy equipment I will be hauling around. For the investment it would be hard to come close to the value of this rig.

I bought the F 250 from the owner off of Craig's List last summer for $850. The guy had just completely gone through the front end including the diff and all the suspension, brakes and drive lines and put on new tires. Then he went 4 wheeling and blew up the trans. I was in the middle of a rebuild in the VW motor but put it on the back burner and dug into a crash course on rebuilding the C 6 trans. Now the rig is worth between 5-7 thou. It took me 3 months to build the trans. I drives like a brand new truck. NOW I have a vehicle I can depend upon to start my new vocation.. mobile welding, manufacturing and repair. I'm outfitting the rig with a down sized CNC plasma cutter which will give me an edge on making custom parts out in the field. This will ensure a nitch that nobody else has thought of in mobile welding repairs in this neck of the woods. I am installing a receiver hitch in the front for the 12,000 lb winch I just bought so I can easily mount it on the rear hitch when I need to pull myself BACK out of trouble when necessary. I already installed a 1000 lb crane in the back of the bed to handle placement of the heavy equipment I will be hauling around. For the investment it would be hard to come close to the value of this rig.
you could have mounted that crane to the roof of the Prius you wasteful prick. LOL

I drive an '08 Chevy 2500. Long bed and those weird short suicide door things.

I like sitting up high where I can see what is going on in front of the cars in front of me. I'm willing to pay extra for gas for that.

And who ever said the kept looking in the bed of the trucks and seeing them empty? If you could see in the bed of the truck, you had to be in something bigger. If you were driving anything economical, you have no idea what they had in the back of the truck.

Then it would appear the other customer has a valid point.

I was just curious because sometimes on all-day drives I amuse myself by taking a survey of all the pickup trucks I see, as far as what they're hauling, presuming I can see in the bed. Perfect efficiency of course would be every bed full (100%), meaning you haul something from point A to point B and then haul something else from B to A. A reasonable efficiency would be </= 50%, hauling from one point to another and returning empty or vice versa.

What I actually find in the RW is 80 to 90 percent empty, which tells me a lotta people are buying shit they don't need because the Advertising God tells them to.

So ...... just wondering where you fit in all that. Thanks.

No advertising God told me to buy a large truck, trying to pull a bass boat with a subcompact Nissan pickup did. Damn near got me killed.

Not that its any of your god damn liberal business, but I own a Ford F250 Super Duty with a 7.3L diesel engine in it. I bought it to pull my boat. However, since fishing season isn't year round and you don't let an old truck sit up unused for a long time, occasionally I'll take it out to run it. Yep, its empty. However, empty, that truck gets 20mpg on the highway and it weighs 7500lbs empty. That's 3 and a half times more than a Prius. But the Prius doesn't get 3.5 times better gas mileage, especially on the highway where it falls into the high 30's. That Prius would be useless once I hooked up my Ranger bass boat to it. However, my truck can pull it just fine, and lose only a handful of MPG doing it.

Moral of the story: You have no idea why someone is in the vehicle they are in. And quite frankly, its none of your damn business.

I have a Ford Fiesta. It gets about 45mpg combined, and its NOT a hybrid. In 10 years I won't be looking to replace a 4000 dollar battery. The most expensive battery on that thing is a 50 dollar wal mart battery. Oh yea, for the cost of a battery for a Prius, I can completely rebuild the diesel engine in my truck, and get another 400,000 miles out of it. Towing a boat. Or a dead Prius. And most of the time I ride a 300CC supersport motorcycle to work. It gets about 67mpg combined, far more than a Prius. So while you might see me in an empty F250, what you don't see me in is my super fuel efficient motorcycle. And why aren't you in an efficient means of transportation? At 70mph your Prius gets about 38mpg. My bike gets 70.

Oh yea, I have a camper cover on my truck. So you wouldn't be able to see in it anyway.

Right after I bought my truck my dad backed his tandem axle trailer with a backhoe on it into the ditch with his F150. He couldn't pull it out. Since no Priuses were around, we hooked a tow chain to the loop on the front of my truck. I gave it a little gas and sucked the whole rig right out the ditch. Could a Prius do that? Doubt it. SERIOUSLY. Having a big truck is like having homeowners insurance. You may never really need it, but that one time when you do, you are damn glad to have it. I saved my dad at LEAST 200 dollars from getting a tow from a tow truck. Not to mention I was on the scene in 10 seconds, it was right in front of my house.

Last edited:

you could have mounted that crane to the roof of the Prius you wasteful prick. LOL

When you're right you're right! I do like having he advantage of driving right up and over a Prius though. I could squish one just like stepping on a cockroach.

Then it would appear the other customer has a valid point.

I was just curious because sometimes on all-day drives I amuse myself by taking a survey of all the pickup trucks I see, as far as what they're hauling, presuming I can see in the bed. Perfect efficiency of course would be every bed full (100%), meaning you haul something from point A to point B and then haul something else from B to A. A reasonable efficiency would be </= 50%, hauling from one point to another and returning empty or vice versa.

What I actually find in the RW is 80 to 90 percent empty, which tells me a lotta people are buying shit they don't need because the Advertising God tells them to.

So ...... just wondering where you fit in all that. Thanks.

No advertising God told me to buy a large truck, trying to pull a bass boat with a subcompact Nissan pickup did. Damn near got me killed.

Not that its any of your god damn liberal business, but I own a Ford F250 Super Duty with a 7.3L diesel engine in it. I bought it to pull my boat. However, since fishing season isn't year round and you don't let an old truck sit up unused for a long time, occasionally I'll take it out to run it. Yep, its empty. However, empty, that truck gets 20mpg on the highway and it weighs 7500lbs empty. That's 3 and a half times more than a Prius. But the Prius doesn't get 3.5 times better gas mileage, especially on the highway where it falls into the high 30's. That Prius would be useless once I hooked up my Ranger bass boat to it. However, my truck can pull it just fine, and lose only a handful of MPG doing it.

Moral of the story: You have no idea why someone is in the vehicle they are in. And quite frankly, its none of your damn business.

I have a Ford Fiesta. It gets about 45mpg combined, and its NOT a hybrid. In 10 years I won't be looking to replace a 4000 dollar battery. The most expensive battery on that thing is a 50 dollar wal mart battery. Oh yea, for the cost of a battery for a Prius, I can completely rebuild the diesel engine in my truck, and get another 400,000 miles out of it. Towing a boat. Or a dead Prius. And most of the time I ride a 300CC supersport motorcycle to work. It gets about 67mpg combined, far more than a Prius. So while you might see me in an empty F250, what you don't see me in is my super fuel efficient motorcycle. And why aren't you in an efficient means of transportation? At 70mph your Prius gets about 38mpg. My bike gets 70.

Oh yea, I have a camper cover on my truck. So you wouldn't be able to see in it anyway.

Right after I bought my truck my dad backed his tandem axle trailer with a backhoe on it into the ditch with his F150. He couldn't pull it out. Since no Priuses were around, we hooked a tow chain to the loop on the front of my truck. I gave it a little gas and sucked the whole rig right out the ditch. Could a Prius do that? Doubt it. SERIOUSLY. Having a big truck is like having homeowners insurance. You may never really need it, but that one time when you do, you are damn glad to have it. I saved my dad at LEAST 200 dollars from getting a tow from a tow truck. Not to mention I was on the scene in 10 seconds, it was right in front of my house.

That diesel motor is one of the best towing rigs you can own dollar for dollar. Is it the turbo? That would have been the better option for my needs but I just couldn't pass on the 351 W for the price I paid. I don't foresee doing much heavy towing up steep long grades. I do have a 1958 32' Chris Craft Commander on a custom trailer I built that I have to tow once in a while but the F 250 with the gas motor and the 4 x 4 will get it from the storage lot to the boat ramp without much strain. I've moved it around with a rental F 250 2 WD and it handled OK.

That diesel motor is one of the best towing rigs you can own dollar for dollar. Is it the turbo? That would have been the better option for my needs but I just couldn't pass on the 351 W for the price I paid. I don't foresee doing much heavy towing up steep long grades. I do have a 1958 32' Chris Craft Commander on a custom trailer I built that I have to tow once in a while but the F 250 with the gas motor and the 4 x 4 will get it from the storage lot to the boat ramp without much strain. I've moved it around with a rental F 250 2 WD and it handled OK.

Yes it is great dollar for dollar. It is a 2001, so yes, its the turbo diesel. A gas engine gets HORRIBLE mileage when towing a heavy load. A diesel's mileage barely changes from empty to fully loaded.

Here is a picture of it after I bought it and washed it and it hit it with a coat of wax. Think its in fairly good shape for a 15 year old truck? I only paid 6250 for it. You can't get a worn out Prius for that much.

20151110_134743.jpg

Last edited:

Yes it is great dollar for dollar. It is a 2001, so yes, its the turbo diesel. A gas engine gets HORRIBLE mileage when towing a heavy load. A diesel's mileage barely changes from empty to fully loaded.

Here is a picture of it after I bought it and washed it and it hit it with a coat of wax. Think its in fairly good shape for a 15 year old truck? I only paid 6250 for it. You can't get a worn out Prius for that much.

20151110_134743.jpg

Sweet rig! Is it 2 WD or 4 X 4? I guess it would have to have 4 wheels pulling to pull that tandem axle trailer and a truck out of a hole. How long is the bed? What tranny does it have?

Thanks! It's actually just 2wd. But it pulls like a horse. It has a full 8 foot bed and the 4R100 automatic.

I can give Prius drivers some numbers that will make them cringe: It holds 2 gallons of transmission fluid, 3 gallons of oil and 8 gallons of coolant.

You'd never guess how many miles it has on it.

No. Generally, they're environmentalists. They're not selfish twats like you Alibaby....
You mean eco-Nazis. Prius owners are typically smug and arrogant. They often drive well below the speed limit as if the world revolves around them, like the bicycle riders that get into the lane of traffic. They're saving the earth so they are special people. We're supposed to all patiently wait for them to prove their point.[/QUOTE]

That's like saying all white people are racist because they started the KKK. Dumbarse analogy. I agree with cyclists. Can't stand them. Most of them are selfish pricks..

The better question is who wants to loan me their truck so I can get some book shelves from a rocking little shop and haul them about two hours north east from there. And/or the solid wood dresser and chest of drawers from Dallas to here..... I'm just kidding.

The better question is who wants to loan me their truck so I can get some book shelves from a rocking little shop and haul them about two hours north east from there. And/or the solid wood dresser and chest of drawers from Dallas to here..... I'm just kidding.
Too far away from here..............can't do it......had you been closer......No problem.

Forum List

Back