So Im at the Gas station today

That diesel motor is one of the best towing rigs you can own dollar for dollar. Is it the turbo? That would have been the better option for my needs but I just couldn't pass on the 351 W for the price I paid. I don't foresee doing much heavy towing up steep long grades. I do have a 1958 32' Chris Craft Commander on a custom trailer I built that I have to tow once in a while but the F 250 with the gas motor and the 4 x 4 will get it from the storage lot to the boat ramp without much strain. I've moved it around with a rental F 250 2 WD and it handled OK.

Yes it is great dollar for dollar. It is a 2001, so yes, its the turbo diesel. A gas engine gets HORRIBLE mileage when towing a heavy load. A diesel's mileage barely changes from empty to fully loaded.

Here is a picture of it after I bought it and washed it and it hit it with a coat of wax. Think its in fairly good shape for a 15 year old truck? I only paid 6250 for it. You can't get a worn out Prius for that much.

20151110_134743.jpg
I was thinking about a silver 2001 Dodge Dakota with a topper like that, has 80k miles and is selling for 7k.....

Stay away from Dodge of that vintage. They are unreliable junk. My sisters husband bought a 2001 Dodge truck. Within 2 years the dash started to peel, then came apart. It eventually just caved in. His son drove it for a while and used it for storage, since it has a huge hole that no other truck had. They had nothing but trouble with that POS.

Dodge Dakota

Filling both tanks on my truck, Now as we all know, they always put the diesel pump in the middle of two gas pumps so that I have to block all three when filling.
Fat lady with a Prius was irritated that I was taking so long, not my fault, 60 gallons takes a while.
She says to me, do you know how many cars you could fill with that if you drove a responsible vehicle?
I said, do you know how many starving kids could get a meal if you ate responsible portions?

that COEXIST sticker obviously means little to her.
I have a 2010 Cummins with all the deletes. Nothing like the smell of diesel in the morning. It has the smell of .....victory.

That diesel motor is one of the best towing rigs you can own dollar for dollar. Is it the turbo? That would have been the better option for my needs but I just couldn't pass on the 351 W for the price I paid. I don't foresee doing much heavy towing up steep long grades. I do have a 1958 32' Chris Craft Commander on a custom trailer I built that I have to tow once in a while but the F 250 with the gas motor and the 4 x 4 will get it from the storage lot to the boat ramp without much strain. I've moved it around with a rental F 250 2 WD and it handled OK.

Yes it is great dollar for dollar. It is a 2001, so yes, its the turbo diesel. A gas engine gets HORRIBLE mileage when towing a heavy load. A diesel's mileage barely changes from empty to fully loaded.

Here is a picture of it after I bought it and washed it and it hit it with a coat of wax. Think its in fairly good shape for a 15 year old truck? I only paid 6250 for it. You can't get a worn out Prius for that much.

20151110_134743.jpg
I was thinking about a silver 2001 Dodge Dakota with a topper like that, has 80k miles and is selling for 7k.....

I bought a 2010 cummins brand new and I only have 44k on it.
2001 with only 80k is awfully low.

20151110_134743.jpg

I bought a 2010 cummins brand new and I only have 44k on it.
2001 with only 80k is awfully low.
It was well taken care of also....I usually look for vehicles that had old people that owned them..

My '97 Ford F150 is still running strong. I had a few small issues but got a OBDII dongle and downloaded an app to read the engine computer. $25 and it told me what was up, replaced a few sensors and cleaned some ports. Runs smooth as silk since.

My '97 Ford F150 is still running strong. I had a few small issues but got a OBDII dongle and downloaded an app to read the engine computer. $25 and it told me what was up, replaced a few sensors and cleaned some ports. Runs smooth as silk since.
I have around 290k on my old 96 Chevy 1500, the upper head gasket blown, still runs, but too old to replace gasket...Motors run around 2k with exchange...But I am in no shape to change out motors any more..

Oh shit.

Somebody just came up with an idea as to how Hillary could take away all of Nutty Old Uncle Bernie's votes!

Instead of offering free Obamaphones, promise free Hillarypriuses!

I put 286k on my 2001 F150 before it started having serious issues.

Forum List

Back