So Im at the Gas station today

Maryland Patriot

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2015
Filling both tanks on my truck, Now as we all know, they always put the diesel pump in the middle of two gas pumps so that I have to block all three when filling.
Fat lady with a Prius was irritated that I was taking so long, not my fault, 60 gallons takes a while.
She says to me, do you know how many cars you could fill with that if you drove a responsible vehicle?
I said, do you know how many starving kids could get a meal if you ate responsible portions?

that COEXIST sticker obviously means little to her.

What was in the cargo area of your truck?
Not a damn thing. I dont use it for hauling stuff
what does that matter?

Then it would appear the other customer has a valid point.

I was just curious because sometimes on all-day drives I amuse myself by taking a survey of all the pickup trucks I see, as far as what they're hauling, presuming I can see in the bed. Perfect efficiency of course would be every bed full (100%), meaning you haul something from point A to point B and then haul something else from B to A. A reasonable efficiency would be </= 50%, hauling from one point to another and returning empty or vice versa.

What I actually find in the RW is 80 to 90 percent empty, which tells me a lotta people are buying shit they don't need because the Advertising God tells them to.

So ...... just wondering where you fit in all that. Thanks.

what does that matter?

Seems odd to drive a truck when you don't have to.
Not to me it doesn't. Besides, if it's your only vehicle, you have to drive it, or walk. And you certainly have to drive it to the gas station to fill up...unless you have diesel delivered to your home.

What seems odd to me is adults thinking it's any of their business what other people drive.

Filling both tanks on my truck, Now as we all know, they always put the diesel pump in the middle of two gas pumps so that I have to block all three when filling.
Fat lady with a Prius was irritated that I was taking so long, not my fault, 60 gallons takes a while.
She says to me, do you know how many cars you could fill with that if you drove a responsible vehicle?
I said, do you know how many starving kids could get a meal if you ate responsible portions?

your-awesome-clipart-1.jpg

You are.

Band camp....

What was in the cargo area of your truck?
what does that matter?

Then it would appear the other customer has a valid point.

I was just curious because sometimes on all-day drives I amuse myself by taking a survey of all the pickup trucks I see, as far as what they're hauling, presuming I can see in the bed. Perfect efficiency of course would be every bed full (100%), meaning you haul something from point A to point B and then haul something else from B to A. A reasonable efficiency would be </= 50%, hauling from one point to another and returning empty or vice versa.

What I actually find in the RW is 80 to 90 percent empty, which tells me a lotta people are buying shit they don't need because the Advertising God tells them to.

So ...... just wondering where you fit in all that. Thanks.
if you must know, I tow a travel trailer that weighs just over 14,000 lbs loaded. Not postive but, I think the tongue weight might be an issue with the Prius. But thanks for the assumption.

what does that matter?

Seems odd to drive a truck when you don't have to.
Not to me it doesn't. Besides, if it's your only vehicle, you have to drive it, or walk. And you certainly have to drive it to the gas station to fill up...unless you have diesel delivered to your home.

What seems odd to me is adults thinking it's any of their business what other people drive.

I know, right? That would be like what people drive determines how much fuel there is or how much pollution is in the air and shit. That's crazed. We all know nothing we do in our personal bubble affects anyone else. Why don' day mind they own bidniss.

I hate Priuses and the asses that drive them.

I know, right? How can you not? Unless like people who drive one type of car were like, different from each other. We all know that's ridiculous. They churn these buyers out on an assembly line. Makes it easy for us.

I wish I had a truck. I can't just find furniture and take it home. It has to be a freaking production.

Forum List

Back