So if God didn't create evil, why does God allow evil to exist?

No one who understands thermodynamics will agree with you on this. You said it yourself, cold is the absence of heat. Heat is not the absence of cold.

You're assuming that all fluid mechanics are Newtonian.

Why? Why are you doing that?
Why would I need to assume that? Heat flows from warmer objects to colder objects. Cold does not flow at all.

The temperature of an object is the measure of the heat energy that it contains. More energy equals a higher temperature; less energy equals a lower one.

"...There is no such thing as “cold”. When you touch a piece of ice with your bare hand, the sensation that you feel is not the presence of “cold”, it is the subtraction of heat. The more rapidly you withdraw heat the more “cold” it feels. The ice has such little heat compared to your body that the heat rushes from your hand to balance things out. Your hand continues to lose heat rapidly until the ice is melted, then and only then can your hand warm back up. The sensation that you feel in your hand, through your brain, is that of heat being sucked from your body. Your brain detects this and calls it “cold”but in reality it is simply the profound lack of heat..."

EINSTEIN'S HAMMOCK: THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS "COLD"

Apparently, those arguing the religious point need to go look again at what Adam and Eve ate in the garden. Look carefully, and keep in mind the psychological aspects, the verbal meanings, the concept of dualism and human thought.
FYI, A non-Newtonian fluid is a fluid that does not follow Newton's law of viscosity. It does not change the fact that heat flows from warmer objects to colder objects, it only impacts the rate of change.

'Good' and 'evil' don't exist "out there" in the universe somewhere. They are concepts, human descriptions for mysterious and misunderstood observances, perceptions.
As we have not yet learned to acknowledge what we know to be true about our 'conscious' mind, we continue to meander like the dinosaurs with horns and other evolutionary mistakes that could not possibly survive. In our case, it is brains that are big enough to get themselves into irretrievable trouble and not enough to avoid it. Look at how exaggerated the human skull is! It is structurally grotesque in proportion. All that brain and so little to show for it.
Certainly, our race is capable of producing Einsteins and Mozarts, but they are so few and far between! Most of our kind are barely able to navigate life compared to a truly brilliant human.
Society suffers under the yoke of standards that are meant to channel and control the 'mass'.
So your argument is that YOUR brain is too puny to ponder concepts like good and evil and a creator?

No one really knows...

Maybe because he is seeking certain outcomes under certain conditions.

Or maybe the certain outcomes he is seeking can only be achieved through certain conditions.

Or maybe good has no meaning if one is forced to be good.

Or maybe he couldn't figure out how to make a one sided coin.

Or maybe he is testing us to see who is smart enough to recognize that the good far outweighs the bad.

Or maybe he wants us to love him for who he is and not what he can do for us.

But whatever the reason, one thing is certain, we lack complete knowledge and he doesn't. So rather than expect him to do magical things so that bad things don't happen to good people, maybe we should ask ourself what it was we were supposed to learn from our tragedies.
Evil has to exist or we could not have republicans.

No one really knows...

Or maybe the certain outcomes he is seeking can only be achieved through certain conditions.

Or maybe he is testing us to see who is smart enough to recognize that the good far outweighs the bad.

But whatever the reason, one thing is certain, we lack complete knowledge and he doesn't. So rather than expect him to do magical things so that bad things don't happen to good people, maybe we should ask ourself what it was we were supposed to learn from our tragedies.
Evil has to exist or we could not have republicans.
Your powers of logic are truly astonishing.

He doesn't allow it to exist. He tossed it away as rubbish.....angels that failed QC off the assembly line, per say.. WE allow it to exist.
Without acknowledgement and repentance and attempting to avoid it( impossible in the flesh---other than One) we too become rubbish and sent to the universes dump.
Just to show how shitty this place really is he sent his failed angels HERE.The run it, own it, rule it and destroy it-----because they HATE this fucking place.
Pricks like Trump and Charlie Sheen and all the movie stars /more than any human could want and look how fucked up they are.
That'll give you a glimpse of how awesome the Heaven must be----and the one that will come anew.
Didn't god make everything in this universe? Then why did god make evil in the first place?
Your questions are good and must be addressed appropriately. They point out the chinks in the wall around the way people think and use language.
By having poorly formed images of 'God' and by failing to master a tongue, people wind up using terminology in reference to an indefinable entity. Obviously, this is behavior that inherently contradicts itself.
Whether or not 'God' can ever be identified as 'being', 'God' would have to have certain attributes that far exceed those attributed by the so-called major religions. 'God' could not possibly 'be' anything like we could ever imagine to any meaningful extent.
Beyond that, 'God' may already be a noun that has been drained to past the dregs of any meaning. This gives us problems with trying to express what the universe feels like when its deepest heart is searched. There just isn't any well to tell the truth about what is beyond all.

He doesn't allow it to exist. He tossed it away as rubbish.....angels that failed QC off the assembly line, per say.. WE allow it to exist.
Without acknowledgement and repentance and attempting to avoid it( impossible in the flesh---other than One) we too become rubbish and sent to the universes dump.
Just to show how shitty this place really is he sent his failed angels HERE.The run it, own it, rule it and destroy it-----because they HATE this fucking place.
Pricks like Trump and Charlie Sheen and all the movie stars /more than any human could want and look how fucked up they are.
That'll give you a glimpse of how awesome the Heaven must be----and the one that will come anew.
Didn't god make everything in this universe? Then why did god make evil in the first place?
I already explained this to you. Everything that God created is good. Existence is good.

Evil is not extant. It only exists in the absence of something else.

You assume God is nice or kind. I’m here to tell you just the opposite. God doesn’t give a shit about you, me, or anyone else.

Evil the various forms of discomfort and unpleasantness exists as a means to test the Souls of mankind and determine whether the individual can live a Righteous life even when it isn’t fun or easy or happy.

You assume God is nice or kind. I’m here to tell you just the opposite. God doesn’t give a shit about you, me, or anyone else.

Evil the various forms of discomfort and unpleasantness exists as a means to test the Souls of mankind and determine whether the individual can live a Righteous life even when it isn’t fun or easy or happy.
You better hope that isn't the case.

No one really knows...

Not in the job description.

You better hope that isn't the case.

Why is that? Are you assuming I don’t live a proper life? That’s rather interesting.
No. I am assuming that the intelligence behind existence is logical and does have a preference for certain behaviors. An impersonal God would not be merciful given the shit we do.

No. I am assuming that the intelligence behind existence is logical and does have a preference for certain behaviors. An impersonal God would not be merciful given the shit we do.

I used to think that way too. Then I had my eyes opened with the death of my father in 2001. I don’t believe The Divine (as I refer to the Universal power) is merciful and I do believe we will bear the mantle of our mistakes at our Judgement.

I used to think that way too. Then I had my eyes opened with the death of my father in 2001. I don’t believe The Divine (as I refer to the Universal power) is merciful and I do believe we will bear the mantle of our mistakes at our Judgement.
To each his own. We don't have perfect knowledge. He does.

We don't have perfect knowledge. He does.

Perfect knowledge, no; but I believe we have enough instinct and knowledge to understand the universal Right and Wrong of this world if we put a little thought into it.
I agree with that. I believe the evidence before us tells us that we are born with an innate ability to know right from wrong.

Forum List

Back