Elmbrook resignations are the latest to rock evangelical Christian churches

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
BROOKFIELD - Members of Elmbrook Church, Wisconsin's largest Christian faith community, were shocked and disappointed in February when Executive Pastor Brodie Swanson resigned amid revelations of infidelities with another church staffer, who also stepped down.

The sense of betrayal hit home again this week when Senior Pastor Jason Webb resigned from the Brookfield megachurch citing "multiple marital infidelities” and an unspecified but “serious addiction.”

In a Saturday service, the first since Webb announced his departure, church leaders characterized the developments as "a crisis" for Elmbrook and asked members for their forgiveness.

RELATED: Elmbrook pastor Jason Webb resigns citing unfaithfulness, addiction

"We share your utter shock and sorrow," church elder Jeff Schultz told worshipers.

He described the actions of Webb and Swanson as "intentional deceptions."

"Elmbrook family, you have been deeply wronged," he said. "On behalf of the council of elders, we are very sorry."

The upheaval at Elmbrook is the latest in a series of high-profile resignations and allegations of sexual misconduct that have rocked evangelical churches across the country.

That's unfortunate.

Hmmm...so how do “inappropriate relationships” between church members lead to “forcing evangelical Christians to re-evaluate how they respond to issues of sexual abuse, domestic violence and even the roles of women in the church.”?
LOL...liberal tropes. Almost as if they have a script to use any embarrassment to advance their agenda.

Hmmm...so how do “inappropriate relationships” between church members lead to “forcing evangelical Christians to re-evaluate how they respond to issues of sexual abuse, domestic violence and even the roles of women in the church.”?
LOL...liberal tropes. Almost as if they have a script to use any embarrassment to advance their agenda.
"#ChurchToo" movement, I guess. I had never heard of it until I came across this article. I suppose it has the above in it.

Men and women are sinners. This should not surprise any Christian, it's the main reason Christianity exists.

BROOKFIELD - Members of Elmbrook Church, Wisconsin's largest Christian faith community, were shocked and disappointed in February when Executive Pastor Brodie Swanson resigned amid revelations of infidelities with another church staffer, who also stepped down.

The sense of betrayal hit home again this week when Senior Pastor Jason Webb resigned from the Brookfield megachurch citing "multiple marital infidelities” and an unspecified but “serious addiction.”

In a Saturday service, the first since Webb announced his departure, church leaders characterized the developments as "a crisis" for Elmbrook and asked members for their forgiveness.

RELATED: Elmbrook pastor Jason Webb resigns citing unfaithfulness, addiction

"We share your utter shock and sorrow," church elder Jeff Schultz told worshipers.

He described the actions of Webb and Swanson as "intentional deceptions."

"Elmbrook family, you have been deeply wronged," he said. "On behalf of the council of elders, we are very sorry."

The upheaval at Elmbrook is the latest in a series of high-profile resignations and allegations of sexual misconduct that have rocked evangelical churches across the country.

That's unfortunate.
My cousin was a Mission President in the Mormon Church, and he had a girlfriend on the side and was excommunicated
I don’t know how he accepted the position in the first place

Forum List

Back