So if God didn't create evil, why does God allow evil to exist?

How would you have liked God to fix everything for you? Did you want more time? Did you want God to make this man different? Did you want God to make you different? What (specifically) do you believe God did wrong and what led you to the conclusion He hates (or is indifferent) to you?

Not for me. I gave up on my life ever being "fixed" by the time I was about 5 years old. That's what happens when you have a serious birth defect. You learn that you're screwed early and just deal with it.

For him (my dad). He was literally the best person I've ever known. Totally unselfish. Totally devoted to his family, friends, country and faith. He turned down 2 deferments to go to Vietnam. He worked untold hours of OT to ensure my brothers and I had the things we needed in life. He was an educator. He was always there to help others. Then, at the moment that his kids were finally out on our own, college bills gone, and about to embark on the time of his life where he and my mother could do things THEY wanted to do, for THEMSELVES, he contracted skin cancer (likely from AO exposure in Vietnam and all those outdoor projects he did for people). It eventually moved into his brain. He bravely dragged himself down the aisle at my brother's wedding in August of 2001 on sheer willpower alone (he'd been in the hospital the night before). He died ON his 54th birthday. All the way to the end praying to and praising the God that was spitting in his very face.

He doesn't allow it to exist. He tossed it away as rubbish.....angels that failed QC off the assembly line, per say.. WE allow it to exist.
Without acknowledgement and repentance and attempting to avoid it( impossible in the flesh---other than One) we too become rubbish and sent to the universes dump.
Just to show how shitty this place really is he sent his failed angels HERE.The run it, own it, rule it and destroy it-----because they HATE this fucking place.
Pricks like Trump and Charlie Sheen and all the movie stars /more than any human could want and look how fucked up they are.
That'll give you a glimpse of how awesome the Heaven must be----and the one that will come anew.
Didn't god make everything in this universe? Then why did god make evil in the first place?
I already explained this to you. Everything that God created is good. Existence is good.

Evil is not extant. It only exists in the absence of something else.
Cancer isn't good, deformed babies aren't good...

For evil to exist, someone had to make it first, or are you saying that evil popped out of nowhere and god had no choice about the matter?

Didn't god make everything in this universe? Then why did god make evil in the first place?

You assume God is nice or kind. I’m here to tell you just the opposite. God doesn’t give a shit about you, me, or anyone else.

Evil the various forms of discomfort and unpleasantness exists as a means to test the Souls of mankind and determine whether the individual can live a Righteous life even when it isn’t fun or easy or happy.
But if god wants us to lead a righteous life, why doesn't he make that the only option? Why then even put evil out there if that's not what god wants you to do? To fuck with your head?

But if god wants us to lead a righteous life, why doesn't he make that the only option? Why then even put evil out there if that's not what god wants you to do? To fuck with your head?

To ensure that we know the difference between Right and Wrong and knowingly chiose Right over Wrong. How would a teacher judge their work if every test was multiple choice, with only one choice?

To ensure that we know the difference between Right and Wrong and knowingly chiose Right over Wrong. How would a teacher judge their work if every test was multiple choice, with only one choice?
Everyone would ace the test. That's what I would want as a teacher. Or creator. I wouldn't deform some babies, give others cancer... The Garden of Eden apparently had none of that. Then god, like an idiot, went an put a tree of knowledge in their way and then got pissed when they partook in said tree. Totally childish.

Everyone would ace the test. That's what I would want as a teacher. Or creator. I wouldn't deform some babies, give others cancer... The Garden of Eden apparently had none of that. Then god, like an idiot, went an put a tree of knowledge in their way and then got pissed when they partook in said tree. Totally childish.

Yes, everyone would Ace that test, and the instructor would have no idea whether the pupils had learned any of the lessons or not. Tests are necessary to provide the proof that the student has learned the required information.

Our entire life is a test - will we take the Right path or the Easy/Wrong one. The first test is telling the difference between the two paths. The second is making that choice and sticking with it.

Yes, everyone would Ace that test, and the instructor would have no idea whether the pupils had learned any of the lessons or not. Tests are necessary to provide the proof that the student has learned the required information.

Our entire life is a test - will we take the Right path or the Easy/Wrong one. The first test is telling the difference between the two paths. The second is making that choice and sticking with it.
But if god wants us to go in one direction, why doesn't he make that the only direction to go in? If I want to tell someone how to get to Chicago, I'll tell them the one, direct route, not tell them, here's two routes, one gets you there and one sends you over a cliff.

But if god wants us to go in one direction, why doesn't he make that the only direction to go in? If I want to tell someone how to get to Chicago, I'll tell them the one, direct route, not tell them, here's two routes, one gets you there and one sends you over a cliff.

That’s not the way God works. Never has been. You have to make the decision for yourself. Otherwise there is no lesson learned.

That’s not the way God works. Never has been. You have to make the decision for yourself. Otherwise there is no lesson learned.
Why doesn't god simply build all the lessons into us? What's with all the tests? In school, I cheated on nearly every test I took. :biggrin:

Not for me. I gave up on my life ever being "fixed" by the time I was about 5 years old. That's what happens when you have a serious birth defect. You learn that you're screwed early and just deal with it.

For him (my dad). He was literally the best person I've ever known. Totally unselfish. Totally devoted to his family, friends, country and faith. He turned down 2 deferments to go to Vietnam. He worked untold hours of OT to ensure my brothers and I had the things we needed in life. He was an educator. He was always there to help others. Then, at the moment that his kids were finally out on our own, college bills gone, and about to embark on the time of his life where he and my mother could do things THEY wanted to do, for THEMSELVES, he contracted skin cancer (likely from AO exposure in Vietnam and all those outdoor projects he did for people). It eventually moved into his brain. He bravely dragged himself down the aisle at my brother's wedding in August of 2001 on sheer willpower alone (he'd been in the hospital the night before). He died ON his 54th birthday. All the way to the end praying to and praising the God that was spitting in his very face.

A dad I work with has five children--three with birth defects. Great kids--all three. I have had them all in class. Dad, too, is in education, as am I. Some of the best kids I have ever been blessed to cross paths with are the ones with "defects." They can be absolutely radiant. And some of the most deficient I have had in classes were some who had everything.

Every single one of us comes with problems and hardships. Long ago I remember reading in either a philosophy or psychology class of a group with a variety of problems. They all wrote out their problems, discussed them--and then were given the opportunity to choose the problem they would have prefer to have. The only criteria was they had to choose. People began choosing...and everyone of them, when given a choice, chose their own problem. Was it a case of "Better the devil we know?" That did not seem right. In the end what seemed closer to being correct is that all problems come with gifts. People selected their own problem because they needed the gifts that came with it.

Don't get me wrong. This was one study, one group--and I am sure other studies with other groups varied widely. Yet it is something to think about with some problems.

Death is hard. Taking a dying man hundreds of miles to attend an event he wants very much to be a part of is equally as hard. I know. I have done that. It breaks my heart every time I think about it, which is more or less constantly. But I do not think of it as God spitting in anyone's face. And neither did my dad.

A dad I work with has five children--three with birth defects. Great kids--all three. I have had them all in class. Dad, too, is in education, as am I. Some of the best kids I have ever been blessed to cross paths with are the ones with "defects." They can be absolutely radiant. And some of the most deficient I have had in classes were some who had everything.

Every single one of us comes with problems and hardships. Long ago I remember reading in either a philosophy or psychology class of a group with a variety of problems. They all wrote out their problems, discussed them--and then were given the opportunity to choose the problem they would have prefer to have. The only criteria was they had to choose. People began choosing...and everyone of them, when given a choice, chose their own problem. Was it a case of "Better the devil we know?" That did not seem right. In the end what seemed closer to being correct is that all problems come with gifts. People selected their own problem because they needed the gifts that came with it.

Don't get me wrong. This was one study, one group--and I am sure other studies with other groups varied widely. Yet it is something to think about with some problems.

Death is hard. Taking a dying man hundreds of miles to attend an event he wants very much to be a part of is equally as hard. I know. I have done that. It breaks my heart every time I think about it, which is more or less constantly. But I do not think of it as God spitting in anyone's face. And neither did my dad.
Is that dad banging his sister or something to have 3 out of 5 kids with birth defects? And you think that he wouldn't prefer 5 normal babies?

And you think that he wouldn't prefer 5 normal babies?
What I know is that he loves his children just as they are. Also what I know: Some people are even loathe to touch them. I wonder if their parents would have preferred to have more compassionate children. As I said earlier, problems come in all shapes and sizes.

Every living thing must die. No one gets out alive. You blame God for death?

Did you balance the ledger with all the good things?

Yes all things die. It’s the timing, cause and circumstances I had an issue with.

I balanced the ledger by telling God to go fuck himself and totally turning my back on my prior Faith.
That wasn’t exactly what I meant.

Why wouldn’t you thank God for the time you did have?
Because he is a miserable fuck who hates the rest of the world almost as much as he hates himself. He is determined to be miserable, and wants everyone else to be equally miserable.
He might just be a she.

Every living thing must die. No one gets out alive. You blame God for death?

Did you balance the ledger with all the good things?

Yes all things die. It’s the timing, cause and circumstances I had an issue with.

I balanced the ledger by telling God to go fuck himself and totally turning my back on my prior Faith.
That wasn’t exactly what I meant.

Why wouldn’t you thank God for the time you did have?
Because he is a miserable fuck who hates the rest of the world almost as much as he hates himself. He is determined to be miserable, and wants everyone else to be equally miserable.
He might just be a she.
No.

It is our defects that make us who we are. What others see as defects I see as opportunity.

Nothing is as it seems.

How would you have liked God to fix everything for you? Did you want more time? Did you want God to make this man different? Did you want God to make you different? What (specifically) do you believe God did wrong and what led you to the conclusion He hates (or is indifferent) to you?

He sounds like a rare individual. They say the good die young.

Given a 'God' that created humans, it is evident that 'God' created the human capacity to create. Humans create language, words, terms, building blocks for how we think. Perceptions are interpreted into thoughts. We attach words. These channel thinking. It is entirely understandable that humans reach conclusions and ask questions that have nothing to do with anything objective, 'out there' in the universe.
It is entirely understandable that humans not understand 'God'.
God isn’t a mystery to be solved. God is a relationship to be entered into.

God made evil. Nice guy.
God didn't create evil.
Everything God created is good.
Evil is not extant. Evil doesn't exist in and of itself.
Evil is the absence of good, just as cold is the absence of heat, and darkness is the absence of light.

No one really knows...

Maybe because he is seeking certain outcomes under certain conditions.

Or maybe the certain outcomes he is seeking can only be achieved through certain conditions.

Or maybe good has no meaning if one is forced to be good.

Or maybe he couldn't figure out how to make a one sided coin.

Or maybe he is testing us to see who is smart enough to recognize that the good far outweighs the bad.

Or maybe he wants us to love him for who he is and not what he can do for us.

But whatever the reason, one thing is certain, we lack complete knowledge and he doesn't. So rather than expect him to do magical things so that bad things don't happen to good people, maybe we should ask ourself what it was we were supposed to learn from our tragedies.
God didn't create evil? Wtf.

Forum List

Back