SNL Skit on Saturday Night Live

Disgusting innit? how low some assholes are willing to go! I have an idea no one much has any morals or ethics left or this shit wouldn't happen.

where is the video? I didn't see the skit so I'm unable to render an opinion.

"It is time the Palin family brought out the big guns. They need to sue General Electric, NBC, 'Saturday Night Live,'" Florida resident Al Barrs told the Web site. "This is clearly criminal and defamation of character of an entire family and state. All the above needs to be taken to their knees big time once and for all."

If only!

2rofll.gif

And to answer the OP question: ABSOLUTELY YES!! It would be extremely funny if they were to lampoon the right-wing smear machine by showing them sitting around the table talking about how they're going to run with a story for which there is no supporting evidence.

'SNL' Palin 'Incest' Skit Angers Viewers
Viewers, Bloggers Think Skit Went Over Line

POSTED: 11:30 am EDT September 22, 2008
UPDATED: 12:14 pm EDT September 22, 2008

For the second week in a row, NBC's "Saturday Night Live" has taken to lampooning Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin -- but this time, it has angered conservative viewers over a skit that suggests that the Alaska governor's husband, Todd Palin, was having sex with the couple's daughters.

In the skit, show guest host James Franco plays an assignment editor at the New York Times at the head of an editorial meeting. During a mock assignment meeting where the paper announced that 50 reporters were being sent to look for dirt on Sarah Palin, a Times "reporter" asks, "What about the husband? You know he's doing those daughters. I mean, come on. It's Alaska."

In response, Franco's character said, "He very well could be. Admittedly, there is no evidence of that, but on the other hand, there is no convincing evidence to the contrary. And these are just some of the lingering questions about Gov. Palin."

The conservative-based news Web site World Net Daily (wnd.com) said that while the skit appeared to mock out of touch left-leaning reporters in New York and their lack of knowledge about Alaska, conservative viewers didn't find the bit funny.

"It is time the Palin family brought out the big guns. They need to sue General Electric, NBC, 'Saturday Night Live,'" Florida resident Al Barrs told the Web site. "This is clearly criminal and defamation of character of an entire family and state. All the above needs to be taken to their knees big time once and for all."

A conservative blogger on the site Eon.com also ripped into "Saturday Night Live," saying the children of any candidate should be off-limits.

"Accusing Todd Palin of incest is unconscionable," blogger Rudytooty wrote. "I don't think a joke about (Joe's Biden's wife) Jill Biden doing her sons would go over too well. How about Barack Obama doing his daughters?

Assessing the post, Rudy Tooty added, "Just typing that creeps me out. I feel I should apologize to Obama and Mrs. Biden. It's so disgusting and so unfair."

On the flip side of the argument, WorldNetDaily reported, some viewers think that the viewers offended by the skit are missing the point.

"Anyone that watched Saturday's show and believed the skit in which it was suggested that there was incest in the Palin household needs to have (his) head examined," Ana Jimenez told World Net Daily. "The purpose of the joke (tacky and crude as it was, I did not care for it at all by the way) was to show how out of touch journalists are -- not an attack on the Palin household. Sheesh, get a grip!"

The "Saturday Night Live" skit ended by noting the "reporter" Howland Gwathmey Moss, V, was awarded a Pulitzer Prize in 2009 "for his Times series on unproven, yet un-disproven incest in the Palin family. Sadly, he was to die 3 months later, run over by a snow machine, driven by a polar bear."

The final shot showed an image of a New York Times "headlines," which included, "While No Direct Evidence of Incest in Palin Family Emerges, Counter Evidence Remains Agonizingly Elusive" and "In a Small Alaska Town, Doubts Still Linger."

In the show's season opener last week, former "Saturday Night Live" cast member and head writer Tina Fey won raves for her impression of Sarah Palin.

Stop being a bunch of babies. The show is meant to be humorous. Nothing to get your panties in a twist about. If you do not know that they are kidding, then you are dumb. You guys would be having a grand old time if they did something like this about Obama. Besides, who the hell are Republicans to bitch about defaming a candidates character? I thought that was your whole campaign strategy? Go cry in a corner; no one here wants to hear your whining.

Stop being a bunch of babies. The show is meant to be humorous. Nothing to get your panties in a twist about. If you do not know that they are kidding, then you are dumb. You guys would be having a grand old time if they did something like this about Obama. Besides, who the hell are Republicans to bitch about defaming a candidates character? I thought that was your whole campaign strategy? Go cry in a corner; no one here wants to hear your whining.

so of course you wouldn't care if a skit came out about Obama getting dirty with his mama??

There was a similar skit where they were making erroneous claims about Obama too. They were recording ad spots, with McCain adding his "I endorse this message" bit. Things like "Barrack Obama favors tax cuts for PEDOPHILES!" And when McCain asked "Is this true," they said "well we can't indentify all pedophiles, but statistically some would be affected by the cuts." I'll hold my breath waiting for a left-wing propaganda machine to whine about that the way WND whined about this one. :doubt:

You guys seriously lack a sense of humor. Shows like that rely on the controversy they can create. Bad publicity is just as good as positive publicity for these shows. Babies like you making a big deal out of it is just what they want. If you don't like their humor, then don't watch the show. It is as simple as that. Get over it. You don't always need something to bitch about...i swear.

You guys seriously lack a sense of humor. Shows like that rely on the controversy they can create. Bad publicity is just as good as positive publicity for these shows. Babies like you making a big deal out of it is just what they want. If you don't like their humor, then don't watch the show. It is as simple as that. Get over it. You don't always need something to bitch about...i swear.

I know, all those whining sniveling babies who took offense won't vote for Obama but you didn't need them anyway did you?

I know, all those whining sniveling babies who took offense won't vote for Obama but you didn't need them anyway did you?

Honestly, why do you even post? At least add something to the thread for once. It is sad that you all lack a sense of humor and the solution is easy; if you are THAT offended by SNL don't watch it. And you are right, we don't need pussies like you. I am proud to say that we will not vote the same way in November; I would be ashamed of myself if we did.

Honestly, why do you even post? At least add something to the thread for once. It is sad that you all lack a sense of humor and the solution is easy; if you are THAT offended by SNL don't watch it. And you are right, we don't need pussies like you. I am proud to say that we will not vote the same way in November; I would be ashamed of myself if we did.

now try to calm down. you should be used to differing opinions by now. Don't get a twist in yer pretzel over it.

The skit was lampooning the NY Times and the liberal media's attacks on Sarah Palin ...

now try to calm down. you should be used to differing opinions by now. Don't get a twist in yer pretzel over it.

Don't worry, I am perfectly calm. Differences of opinion do not bother me, pointless comments that attempt to sound intelligent, do (i.e. a majority of your posts).

Forum List

Back