The 50 Richest Members of Congress

The Hundred thousandaires

There are no poor congressmen the poor make them rich in hopes of representation only to find that money corrupts 90% of politicians and the ones who refuse to be corrupted run out of campaign money

im sorry, what does this have to do with anything? there are repubs on the list, and there are dems on the list. they have money. lots of it. both parties. so what? are you really trying to diss the dems because kerry married a woman with a lot of money?

what are you talking about?

My understanding of liberals is that they want one class of people. Is that true? Ideally they would like to tax the rich enough to bring their income down and bring the income of poorer people up to the same level. Is this a correct statement?

My understanding of liberals is that they want one class of people. Is that true? Ideally they would like to tax the rich enough to bring their income down and bring the income of poorer people up to the same level. Is this a correct statement?

Nope...

Congrats to John Kerry! :clap2:

The 50 Richest Members of Congress - Roll Call

My question is, how can there be such a thing as a rich liberal?

You guys always say the richest people pay the most in taxes and give the most to charity. Why are you spinning it this way now? They are so rich, they don't care about money. That's how a normal person turns out when they are not greedy and ignorant. They end up trying to give back to society. Help others less fortune.

Isn't that what Jesus would want? So are you saying that Republicans aren't rich enough so that's why they raped the treasury to the tune of I would guestimate $i trillion dollars? When you add up what they spent and what we owe and the tax breaks they gave, I'd say the GOP cost us a trillion more dollars, dumb ass.

Congrats to John Kerry! :clap2:

The 50 Richest Members of Congress - Roll Call

My question is, how can there be such a thing as a rich liberal?

You have money AND a soul :eusa_whistle:

But seriously, I do not see how this list is important at all, other then it proves that our politicians are worth way too much money. I have a hard time believing that anyone like that really understands, or cares, about average people (unless it is election time). I also do not even want to know where most of that money came from. That could be a scary investigation.

No. There's no real definition of 'Liberal'. Every one of them is different. About the only commonailty is that they all dislike the Republicans.

The Republicans are well known to be 'lockstep' in their points of view.

In many ways the best definition of a liberal would be 'a compassionate conservative'. They believe in tempered capitalism, a fair market, not a free-for-all market.

Liberals do not have anything against wealth, but they do have something against poverty.

We also tend to agree that working people deserve fair compensation and that most wealthy people have not earned their wealth. That at most they work hard at sucking up all the money they can, without making much of a real contribution to society. So we don't feel guilty about taxing the wealthy.

We'd like to see a narrowing of the gap between rich and poor not an elimination of that gap. We'd like to see more of the American dream and less of European style royalty in this country.

Of course that's my opinion of what a 'Liberal' is. Talk to the next self-described 'Liberal' and you'll probably get a whole different story.

No. There's no real definition of 'Liberal'. Every one of them is different. About the only commonailty is that they all dislike the Republicans.

The Republicans are well known to be 'lockstep' in their points of view.

In many ways the best definition of a liberal would be 'a compassionate conservative'. They believe in tempered capitalism, a fair market, not a free-for-all market.

Liberals do not have anything against wealth, but they do have something against poverty.

We also tend to agree that working people deserve fair compensation and that most wealthy people have not earned their wealth. That at most they work hard at sucking up all the money they can, without making much of a real contribution to society. So we don't feel guilty about taxing the wealthy.

We'd like to see a narrowing of the gap between rich and poor not an elimination of that gap. We'd like to see more of the American dream and less of European style royalty in this country.

Of course that's my opinion of what a 'Liberal' is. Talk to the next self-described 'Liberal' and you'll probably get a whole different story.

Sounds pretty good to me, granted there are other factors in being a liberal, but he covered some of the main ones (at least that I believe in).

New Topics

Forum List

Back