Small biz tax cuts

These are ideas that will work and his insistance that they are not real is evidence that even he thinks they will work

What "ideas " are you speaking of exactly?

A temporary tax cut on "new investments"? which is a capital gains "cut" which will not help small businesses as most small businesses do not make substantial income from investments.

the article mentions no other ideas.

Jesus christ you guys, small business uses outside investors all the time.

You people are justw hell bent on anything Obama says is bad.

Grow the fuck up.

No I actually own a business. And Obama is just clueless as to what small businesses need.

What we need is the government to get out of our way and stop taxing the ever loving shit out of us.

And really, how many outside investors do you think a company with 20 or 30 people is going to attract?

So take your head out of Obama's ass and actually talk to some small business owners because they know a hell of a lot more than Obama about what's good for them.

Invest capitol in a small business, see capital gains from the investment, get tax break.

It aint f'ing rocket science dude

What you don't get is that the majority of small businesses are S Corps or LLCs and any and all stock holders in a S corp are considered owners not investors or stock holders in the traditional sense.

If I sold stock to an "investor" then he becomes a percentage owner and then can sell his stock to someone else. there is no way in hell an owner of an S corp would do that.

When you sell your house at a profit you make capital gains.

Quit pretending capital gains are only for the massively wealthy.
Selling a house is now a small business?

And even though cap gains aren't only for the super wealthy, they still don't result from small businesses making equipment investments.

Face it, you're in waaaaay over your head here.

Here you go asshole. I invest in Bobs carpet cleaning. He can now buy the machine he needs to get the 20 story building contract. He gets the contract and is able to pay me back in full plus a nice return. This takes him a whole two months to pay me back.

I see a capital gain on my money and get a tax break from Obama.

Now you can play this game of " Its all just too confusing" and no one but you guys know why but you are just a pack phoney assed losers playing games with people.

Just a pack of partisan hacks who try to imtimidate people with your stupidity.

That is a loan not an investment in the traditional sense. He is not selling you a stake in his company therefore it is not an investment in a business but more of a retail loan or credit transaction.

And any profit you made would be taxes as regular income not capital gains as all you did was charge a mark up.

Last edited:
This is rich

House Raises Capital Gains Tax for Venture Capitalists - WSJ.com
House Democrats keep stepping on President Obama's applause lines about innovation and job creation. On Tuesday, Mr. Obama announced that "we're proposing a complete elimination of capital gains taxes on small business investment" for one year.

Now this I didn't hear before. Tell me how many start up businesses realize any type of profit in the first year? Answer almost none. So yeah this capital gains cut good for a whole year won't do squat justas some of us have been saying.

Responding with rare dispatch, the House voted yesterday to change the capital gains rate for venture capitalists who invest in technology start-ups. But rather than eliminating the tax, the House more than doubled it, moving the tax rate to 35% from 15% by reclassifying such gains as ordinary income.

Private equity fund managers and managers of real-estate and oil-and-gas partnerships would also get socked with this 133% tax-rate increase. Now there's a way to encourage economic growth and new jobs.

Yeah that'll work:lol:

Last edited:
What "ideas " are you speaking of exactly?

A temporary tax cut on "new investments"? which is a capital gains "cut" which will not help small businesses as most small businesses do not make substantial income from investments.

the article mentions no other ideas.

Jesus christ you guys, small business uses outside investors all the time.

You people are justw hell bent on anything Obama says is bad.

Grow the fuck up.

No I actually own a business. And Obama is just clueless as to what small businesses need.

What we need is the government to get out of our way and stop taxing the ever loving shit out of us.

And really, how many outside investors do you think a company with 20 or 30 people is going to attract?

So take your head out of Obama's ass and actually talk to some small business owners because they know a hell of a lot more than Obama about what's good for them.

Didn't Obama already talk to small business owners? He put them into hardware store smocks and leather toolbelts...like the doctors in their lab coats with stethescopes....:lol:

all insults and no substance.

Please enlighten us on this capital gains issue that makes it impossible for someone to see capital gains from an investment in a small business.
We tried substance, but you're such a thick-headed nitwit that none of it is getting through.

You obviously have never run a business or filed as a small business operator, hence have absolutely NO FUCKING IDEA what you're talking about.

Exactly...truthmatters reads the article, goes to Huffington or DailyKOS for some talking points and is then handed their ass on USMB...par for the course.

From the link:

However, there were few details on the scale or cost of the measures proposed.

Tells us all we need to know.

Why does everyone whine about the cost of anything they do. Were in debt, been in debt, and always will be. So shut up and let them spend, spend, spend.

Forum List

Back