Remember when the Bee apocalypse was a thing? It wasn’t true….

So many things the anti-human, eco-fascists make up are just lies…..that they push and push with the help of left wing media useful idiots…,

the end of bees is another one…,

The beepocalypse was always a manufactured panic, although a rather profitable one for a small slice of the population who "consulted" on how to save the bees. Environmentalists loved the story because it provided another angle to attack industrial agriculture. And, of course, for the media, which regularly push false narratives to keep us excited.

The Washington Post presents a fascinating observation: never before in American history have there been more bee colonies. This intriguing trend, like many others, is a product of economic forces.

And one more thing…tax cuts save bees too….

It turns out that the explosion in the number of bee colonies has little to do with honey or even professional pollination.

It's taxes in Texas.
——
In 2012, the Herbert Hypothetical gave rise to a new law: Your plot of five to 20 acres now qualifies for agriculture tax breaks if you keep bees on it for five years.

Over the next few years, all 254 Texas counties adopted bee rules requiring, for example, six hives on five acres plus another hive for every 2.5 acres beyond that to qualify for the tax break. Herbert keeps a spreadsheet of the regulations and drives across the state to educate bee-curious landowners

I had a massive number of pollinators in my garden last year! Relatively few of them were yellowjackets and wasps, and they only showed up when the fruit got ripe and I put out hummingbird feeders.

The Hutterite colony from whom I buy my honey must be doing well -- they dropped the price by a dollar per quart. Does not sound like shortage behavior.

Last edited:
So many things the anti-human, eco-fascists make up are just lies…..that they push and push with the help of left wing media useful idiots…,

The beepocalypse was always a manufactured panic, although a rather profitable one for a small slice of the population who "consulted" on how to save the bees. Environmentalists loved the story because it provided another angle to attack industrial agriculture. And, of course, for the media, which regularly push false narratives to keep us excited.

The Washington Post presents a fascinating observation: never before in American history have there been more bee colonies. This intriguing trend, like many others, is a product of economic forces.

It turns out that the explosion in the number of bee colonies has little to do with honey or even professional pollination.

It's taxes in Texas.
——
In 2012, the Herbert Hypothetical gave rise to a new law: Your plot of five to 20 acres now qualifies for agriculture tax breaks if you keep bees on it for five years.

Over the next few years, all 254 Texas counties adopted bee rules requiring, for example, six hives on five acres plus another hive for every 2.5 acres beyond that to qualify for the tax break. Herbert keeps a spreadsheet of the regulations and drives across the state to educate bee-curious landowners

Interesting, it just struck me that according to your link, it is the Govt that saved the bees by giving people a financial incentive to start colonies and put them on their land.

Bees all over my back porch these days. We leave them BEE.

Wasps are worse. I've had a single yellow jacket pop me four times in a row before.

We use to find a lot of those big wasp nests when I lived in Arkansas. I'd get a cane pole, with a gasoline-soaked rag on the end of it, and burn the bastards. They'll only sting you if you run.

Bumblebees are even worse, I hate those big bastards.

Wasps are worse. I've had a single yellow jacket pop me four times in a row before.

We use to find a lot of those big wasp nests when I lived in Arkansas. I'd get a cane pole, with a gasoline-soaked rag on the end of it, and burn the bastards. They'll only sting you if you run.

Bumblebees are even worse, I hate those big bastards.

The bumblebees are gentle here and in Washington. Just leave them alone.

They're probably stoned on pot or something. Most of the bumblebees I've come across were angry and confrontational.

LOL!!! Might have been.

I used to have a 75 ft. Escallonia hedge in WA which was FULL of bumblebees and honeybees when it was blooming time, and I could sit next to it and get totally absorbed in the buzz!!! Very sensory experience!

Most "bumblebees" around here are carpenter bees....they make holes in unpainted lumber....like the lumber in your attic or wooden stairs. They will destroy it. They are a PITA....so you spray for them.

Hornets and yellow jackets...I use gasoline. And I don't burn it. I just pour it on them. It kills them fairly quickly.

There are honey bee apiaries around here. I see their boxes in various places I've bought some local honey...it's Okayish. Not great.
I love sourwood honey but it's hard to come by good sourwood honey. There of course is Tupelo Honey...and it's good but very very pricey. I do see orange blossom honey....haven't really tried it. Haven't had a GOOD source for it yet. I'll have to ask my cousin who has a citrus packing house if he knows who has a good one. He's more concerned with the greening virus that affects citrus trees. The fruit becomes small and refuses to change color. There is no cure other than packing up and moving the orange Grove.

Interesting, it just struck me that according to your link, it is the Govt that saved the bees by giving people a financial incentive to start colonies and put them on their land.

Nope....there wqs never a problem.....Texas simply increased the population with tax breaks but there was no crisis

Nope....there wqs never a problem.....Texas simply increased the population with tax breaks but there was no crisis

do lay out for us your expertise in the area of bee populations

Honey bee populations have stabilized due to intense efforts by scientists and bee keepers. Before that was accomplished, more than half the US population was killed by colony collapse disorder.

1712231513450.png

Honey bee populations have stabilized due to intense efforts by scientists and bee keepers. Before that was accomplished, more than half the US population was killed by colony collapse disorder.

View attachment 927043
Most things in nature are cyclical.

It's taxes in Texas.
——

No, the bee decline and die off was accurate. There are more beekeepers keeping more bees, now.

And this:

"Sadly, however, this does not mean we’ve defeated colony collapse. One major citizen-science project found that beekeepers lost almost half of their colonies in the year ending in April 2023, the second-highest loss rate on record."

Ditch these white wing rags and go to the original sources.

Still doesn't help with the skyrocketing price of honey AND all the fake honey on the market. Where you get fake honey and still pay an outrageous price for it. (Real honey doesn't crystallize in a month after opening)
Also Real honey has a strong odor and flavor much like sorghum has a strong flavor and odor. Most honey today has none of that. Very very light flavor and hardly any distinctive flavor of where the hives were kept. (Sourwood, orange blossom, clover, and Tupelo)

When the quality of honey increases....and the price becomes reasonable....then I'll believe it.

Go to a religious colony to buy honey. The Hutterite colony near me sells the BEST honey and it was $1/qt cheaper last year than it was the year before.

No, the bee decline and die off was accurate. There are more beekeepers keeping more bees, now.

And this:

"Sadly, however, this does not mean we’ve defeated colony collapse. One major citizen-science project found that beekeepers lost almost half of their colonies in the year ending in April 2023, the second-highest loss rate on record."

Ditch these white wing rags and go to the original sources.

All those bees that died in 2023 didn't die. They came to my house. My garden and orchard were crazy pollinated last year.

Forum List

Back