Six Wisconsin recall elections tonight

Looking like the Dems have their second. With 97 percent of the votes in in District 18, Jessica King (D) leads 51-49, according to JSOnline.com.

Looks like Hopper's spoon tender now. 97% in and down by 1200? Yeah. He's cooked.

So what's going on here? How many seats were up for recall and what has been lost and won so far? Sorry I just started looking at this so I'm way behind.

If someone would be so kind to give me a quick heads up =D

6 GOP seats tonight are up for recall. 2 Dems seat next win.

GOP have won 3 so far. Dems have 1 for sure. May have just won their second.

Do marital issues matter to democratics?

Just curious...

Wouldn't know for sure, I'm not a Democrat. Personally, unless he did some pretty terrible things then a divorce doesn't matter to me. I figured it would more impact him with the "family values" voters more than anything.

According to the Patch:

Our unoffical figures right now in the 8th District show Democrat Pasch with 25,017 to GOP Darling's 20,409...but again there are several GOP strongholds still to come in!

JSonline has it a bit differently. 52-48% Pasch with 67% in.

Dem Pasch also just won the Village of Brown Deer in the 8th: 2,889 to 2,038, but still waiting from heavy GOP areas

We just got the City of Milwaukee's resutls for the 8th District race...We're adding up the numbers now...give us a minute..
Here's the numbers from Milwaukee (8th Senate District): Pasch - 4,666; Darling - 1,246.

Looks like it's gonna be a close one there too.
Not a surprise Mke went big for Pasche. But that was her big chance. Now the question is, can she hold on if more conservative suburbs start reporting.

So what's going on here? How many seats were up for recall and what has been lost and won so far? Sorry I just started looking at this so I'm way behind.

If someone would be so kind to give me a quick heads up =D

6 GOP seats tonight are up for recall. 2 Dems seat next win.

GOP have won 3 so far. Dems have 1 for sure. May have just won their second.

Cool thanks =D

They sure do. Obama used them to force Jack Ryan out of the US Senate race in 2004.

Except it was his own primary candidates that called for him to release the records first. President Obama said they shouldn't be interjected in the race.

AP declares Democrat Jessica King winner in race against Republican Sen. Randy Hopper. Control of state Senate rests in Darling race.

So what effect will a 3/3 split have if any?

None.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politi...ecall-election-matters-to-the-rest-of-America

Tuesday’s election may unseat six Republicans.
Next week, two Democrats face the same fight.
The recalls may shift the balance of power in the state Senate from the current 19-14 Republican majority.

Because Republicans still control the Assembly and governor’s mansion, a Democratic victory will not roll back any of the new legislation. The unprecedented summer election will be “almost entirely symbolic,” says Barry Burden, a political scientist at the University of Wisconsin at Madison."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back