Six dollar a gallon gas in San Diego

Conditions vary all over the nation.
I was a long time Broker selling Real Estate for clients and know about Northern CA. And some of this applies also to where I now live in Idaho.
Cars and fuel were for many years sold at low prices. I used to work for 2 gas stations who had promotions to get buyers to buy gas there. Standard Oil gave me $1,000 for lucky license and I found out when a woman in a town close to me wanted to sell me information that I had the money. A standard oil station was close to her office so I drove there immediately and filled out the form awarding me $1,000. So at one point Gas stations were sort of desperate to sell gasoline. The woman was annoyed I did not use her service.

As cities expanded, they also planned the city. Before it was hit and miss. Fremont, CA where I was the Broker of Real Estate followed a very thoughtful managed program and won awards for planning nationally. They allocated farm land as industrial and other uses such as commercial and housing. When the homes were built, Fremont had no more land to offer to contractors. So the workers were forced to drive miles away to own a home. As those prices went up, the buyers were forced more and more distant to live economically and also drive to work. It is a spiral.

I live here in Idaho where this city has essentially copied the formula used by Fremont,. Ca in the 1950s. But these homes are around 20 years in large parts.
Tall apartment buildings in downtown Freemont would prevent people from having to drive out to Livermore

Gas prices continue to trend upwards .. perfect .. right into election season. Low information voters don't care about "economic indicators .." they care about dinner table conversations which includes how much is coming out of their pockets for basic necessities .. like groceries and fuel.

View attachment 927256
Will trend up all summer... then down into the Election. I know this for a fact since it does every single year. Righties will whine about prices over the summer and then disappear. It's almost like it is determined by supply and demand.

I was shocked when I put in $30 in the tank and got only 5 gallons.

Why is Biden not trying to fix this?

He must want us to pay an arm and a leg for gas.
Biden can't fix the gas tax imposed by the State of California.

You believe them? Then I have a neat bridge to sell you, but I will chaege you extra for all the fun you’ll have putting it back together.

(Just kidding.…know you were joking.)

Is it in Baltimore? (Some assembly required) ;) :10:

You got it! I change more for puzzles.

If you want a fully-assembled one, I’ve got one in Brooklyn.

I like my Sunshine Skyway down here in Tampa- St Pete.

1712330633873.jpeg

Most people would prefer to not live in tall apartment buildings.
Other than millions, upon millions, upon millions, upon millions across the USA and the world.

You must be right, they prefer tiny cramped apartments or 4 hours of driving everyday.

Most people given the choice, would take a beautiful apartment they can own, near work. The fact is, there are none.

You are wrong

You must be right, they prefer tiny cramped apartments or 4 hours of driving everyday.
You apparently have never been around the SF Bay area. Millions of people drive 2 plus hours each way everyday so that they can live in a reasonably priced single family home in a less populated area. People that live in those high rise shitholes do so out of necessity--unless they are wealthy and then they are somewhat insulated and the apartments are much nicer---and much more expensive. Personally I wouldn't live anywhere near a population center over 25K.

Policies have consequences, don't be naïve. :rolleyes-41:
This is what some can't seem to understand. You tell the oil companies you intend to put them out of business and then blame them for making as much profit as they can while they are still allowed to do so.

We seriously need to re-elect President Trump and give him a sufficient majority of Patriots in Congress that they can put some serious laws on the books to give the petroleum industry some assurance and stability that they will not be overly regulated or hamstrung by government in the foreseeable future. Then we'll see the costs of gasoline, natural gas, heating oil etc. come down pretty fast.

Tall apartment buildings in downtown Freemont would prevent people from having to drive out to Livermore
Need a correction. FREMONT not freemont. At the time of the Civil war, the US had a General Fremont.

Having lived in Fremont from 1965 to 2019, I see no evidence they are doing what you think should be done. I can't think of a single tall building in Livermore either. I lost a lease of an office in Fremont when the owner of the building sold it to build townhouses. So as you suggest they do want to change the character of Fremont to some extent.

Will trend up all summer... then down into the Election. I know this for a fact since it does every single year. Righties will whine about prices over the summer and then disappear. It's almost like it is determined by supply and demand.
Unfortunately for Democrats .. presidential elections start early .. it's no longer election day .. it's election season, and many of the low information voters (a majority) will always blame out-of-pocket expenses, like fuel, on the current president.

Cheers!

Need a correction. FREMONT not freemont. At the time of the Civil war, the US had a General Fremont.

Having lived in Fremont from 1965 to 2019, I see no evidence they are doing what you think should be done. I can't think of a single tall building in Livermore either. I lost a lease of an office in Fremont when the owner of the building sold it to build townhouses. So as you suggest they do want to change the character of Fremont to some extent.

Yes Fremont, was that Tesla factory there? Solyndra, as well

Forum List

Back