should the rich be forced to pay more so us in the middle class can pay less?

i believe the rich should pay more just so i can pay less

• Total voters
Well, I read through this thread and haven't seen one real solution to our problems. I have a few Ideas, and neither the left nor the right like them. But it could work, and I'm not any kind of genius or anything. But I do give a shit about this great country.

Cut my retirement check by 10%. I have no problem with that. But at the same time cut every government paycheck and entitlement check the same 10%. Inform every government entity that their budget has just been cut 10%. Let them figure out how to spend less.
If that doesn't do the job then and only then raise taxes across the board by 1%. And that means everyone. That guy who gets a $600 SSI check will not miss $6 out of it.....And that guy making a million a year, would be happy enough to pay another 1%. That 10K is peanuts to him.

Now these are just simple ideas from a simple retired Sergeant. What can the real thinkers do to build on these simple ideas and make them work and still be fair to all?

you and steelplate are so fucking ignorant. Who cares about my tiny operation? The vast majority of Americans you nitwit. At my highpoint I had 9 crews each consisting of about 3 to 4 employees. On top of that I employ through my services many other service professionals and suppliers.

MY COMPANY AND OTHERS LIKE ME SUPPORT THE CORE OF THIS COUNTRY. But you too fucking stuck on your god damn talking points to see that. And as far as big corporations leaving...... Fucking tax me at those ridiculous rates and watch me sell out or go under.

Fucking uninformed idiots. It says so on this piece of paper so it must be accurate?! Morons

Real life applications don't fit in your little liberal boxes you've built.

No... you're too fucking stupid to realize that things like health care are prohibiting your small business from becoming stronger. Imagine if... for the cost of a percentage point or two, that you didn't have to pay for your employees' health insurance(if you do) and you could either use that extra money to expand your business, pay your workers a little more, or just plain hoard it.

BTW... what ridiculous rates? The only thing I've seen so far is to let the Bush Tax cuts expire. if 4% on your personal income is going to force you to sell out or fold... perhaps it's your business model that is the problem.

EDIT: furthermore... what's the difference between some "liberals" taxing you a little more, or you trying to fuck me out of my job, my pension and the SS and Medicare System that I've been paying into for 32 years? Fuck off.

Insurance benefits are gone as Obama care has driven the premiums through the roof. Wanna hear one better than that? Most of my employees are also gone thanks to Obama not being able to handle this crisis correctly. Two fucking years he whored out over healthcare. Meanwhile small businesses like mine and the employees they employed are gone. But for fucks sake let's carry on and on about your retirement that will still be there for you despite all the small businesses and countless millions that have nothing now because of blind ideology.

Idiot

Valid point. The Obama administration did work on Obama care at the expense of job creation.......

Insurance benefits are gone as Obama care has driven the premiums through the roof. Wanna hear one better than that? Most of my employees are also gone thanks to Obama not being able to handle this crisis correctly. Two fucking years he whored out over healthcare. Meanwhile small businesses like mine and the employees they employed are gone. But for fucks sake let's carry on and on about your retirement that will still be there for you despite all the small businesses and countless millions that have nothing now because of blind ideology.

Idiot

That's because your blind ideology caused the idea of a public option to go out the window... and you call me an idiot....You shot yourself in the foot because Rush Limbaugh told you that you'd be a commie if you were for it.

News flash for the logic impaired.

I DIDN'T HAVE A VOTE

my opinion means nill. But I certainly deal with the outcomes.

Did you write or call your congressman? I know I did... In SUPPORT of the Public Option. Blame your own ideology and your own party.

No... you're too fucking stupid to realize that things like health care are prohibiting your small business from becoming stronger. Imagine if... for the cost of a percentage point or two, that you didn't have to pay for your employees' health insurance(if you do) and you could either use that extra money to expand your business, pay your workers a little more, or just plain hoard it.

BTW... what ridiculous rates? The only thing I've seen so far is to let the Bush Tax cuts expire. if 4% on your personal income is going to force you to sell out or fold... perhaps it's your business model that is the problem.

EDIT: furthermore... what's the difference between some "liberals" taxing you a little more, or you trying to fuck me out of my job, my pension and the SS and Medicare System that I've been paying into for 32 years? Fuck off.

Idiot

Valid point. The Obama administration did work on Obama care at the expense of job creation.......

No... the original Obama Care(as you like to call it) had a solid public option written in. The cowardly Democrats in Congress negotiated with themselves until it became a giveaway to the Insurance Companies and Pharmaceutical Manufacturers. All because of a handful of "Blue Dogs" had re-election on their minds rather than doing what was best for the country.

Just think of how many jobs there'd be if the rich didn't have to pay anything.

When the rich double or quadruple their wealth while the non rich suffer, and the country's infrastructure falls apart, it takes a brainwashed moron to not notice something is wrong, brainwashed morons.LOL!

I'm fine paying what I am.

I would like to see the wealthy pay more and have the money go for debt reduction.

Once we pay off our debt, they can have their tax cuts back

You're so naive......:lol:

The politicians will NEVER voluntarily reduce spending or pay down the debt- EVER. NEVER. EVER. Any increase in revenue will be spent along with an additional 40%....

Idiot

No... the original Obama Care(as you like to call it) had a solid public option written in. The cowardly Democrats in Congress negotiated with themselves until it became a giveaway to the Insurance Companies and Pharmaceutical Manufacturers. All because of a handful of "Blue Dogs" had re-election on their minds rather than doing what was best for the country.

A.Bullshytte. The stimulus was all the job creation they could pass, and it worked. See signature.

B. The public option was only for 2 million people, AND THEY WANTED IT TO PASS. And ACA was passed after 11 months- after a LOT of BS Pub stalling.

Well, I read through this thread and haven't seen one real solution to our problems. I have a few Ideas, and neither the left nor the right like them. But it could work, and I'm not any kind of genius or anything. But I do give a shit about this great country.

Cut my retirement check by 10%. I have no problem with that. But at the same time cut every government paycheck and entitlement check the same 10%. Inform every government entity that their budget has just been cut 10%. Let them figure out how to spend less.
If that doesn't do the job then and only then raise taxes across the board by 1%. And that means everyone. That guy who gets a $600 SSI check will not miss $6 out of it.....And that guy making a million a year, would be happy enough to pay another 1%. That 10K is peanuts to him.

Now these are just simple ideas from a simple retired Sergeant. What can the real thinkers do to build on these simple ideas and make them work and still be fair to all?

My only thought is those old ones can barely survive on their current fixed incomes. Their share of the cuts need to be sought elsewhere.

That's because your blind ideology caused the idea of a public option to go out the window... and you call me an idiot....You shot yourself in the foot because Rush Limbaugh told you that you'd be a commie if you were for it.

News flash for the logic impaired.

I DIDN'T HAVE A VOTE

my opinion means nill. But I certainly deal with the outcomes.

Did you write or call your congressman? I know I did... In SUPPORT of the Public Option. Blame your own ideology and your own party.

Typical bullshit. Blame everyone else.

Seems like pure theft to me. What say you?

Edit: This poll is in relation to the Democratic proposal in the Senate to pay for a middle class tax cut with a surcharge on the rich. Since most of us probably aren't rich I think I worded the poll correctly as most of us would benefit from this proposal.

It's a false dilemma. Raising taxes on the rich won't reduce taxes on the middle class. That's just a bait and switch tactic. Recall these same turds who talk about taxing millionaires and billionaires are allays talking be repealing the Bush tax cuts, which affected people making as little as $50K.

Not so we can pay less. I'm fine paying what I'm paying. I'm fine paying more, as long as paying more is ACROSS THE BOARDS.

Which, of course, Grover Norquist's minions will never agree to.

Suckers are always content with other people getting pulled into the same scam they fell for.

I'm fine paying what I am.

I would like to see the wealthy pay more and have the money go for debt reduction.

Once we pay off our debt, they can have their tax cuts back

Only fools believe the money won't be used for more spending.

Typical bullshit. Blame everyone else.

isn't that exactly what you are doing with this thread?

No.

This thread is about taxing one for the sake of another.

It doesn't surprise me that you missed the point.

you were the one bitching about a one time fee of 3.5% and how it will affect your business... which was your motivation for this thread... it's very obvious. BTW... that proposal is for people who make over $1M in Personal Income. That's not business income. Like I said... if that causes you to fold.... then you have a fucked up business model.

Be that as it may... I did vote NO, because I don't give a shit whether I get a FICA break or not. I'd rather have my money go into my SS account... you know... pay my way... take responsibility and all of that?

isn't that exactly what you are doing with this thread?

No.

you were the one bitching about a one time fee of 3.5% and how it will affect your business... which was your motivation for this thread... it's very obvious. BTW... that proposal is for people who make over $1M in Personal Income. That's not business income. Like I said... if that causes you to fold.... then you have a fucked up business model.

Be that as it may... I did vote NO, because I don't give a shit whether I get a FICA break or not. I'd rather have my money go into my SS account... you know... pay my way... take responsibility and all of that?

nice try on the deflection. I think I was pretty clear that corporate tax rates contribute to businesses leaving. And if treated similarly I'd ditch this bitch too.

No.

nice try on the deflection. I think I was pretty clear that corporate tax rates contribute to businesses leaving. And if treated similarly I'd ditch this bitch too.

So what period of time were the corporate tax rates lower? How many jobs were being created then?

No.

Really? The Corporate Tax Rate(35%) is the same as it's been since 1992. and other than a few years at 34%, it's been much higher in the past. That dog won't hunt with me.

Forum List

Back