should the rich be forced to pay more so us in the middle class can pay less?

i believe the rich should pay more just so i can pay less

• Total voters
Here's an idea that would settle this for everyone involved.

Why don't the working class who believe we should subsidize the wealthy just go ahead and send them the extra amount? Nothing is stopping you from supporting the ultra-wealthy, as you keep saying you want to do.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will go right on, working our behinds off and paying our FAIR share in taxes. That way, everyone is happy and Boehner can go back to the golf course.

I'm betting your fair share is ZERO. asswipe

The Federal Government doesn't have a revenue problem, it has a spending problem. Everyone knows this.

Actually, the only people who "know" that are the rw sheep who don't think for themselves and instead believe the pap they're spoon-fed by the GObP/pubs/bags.

This is a very effective Mad Ave trick - Accuse the other guy of doing what you're doing and the sheeps never catch on.

Why don't the working class who believe we should subsidize the wealthy just go ahead and send them the extra amount? Nothing is stopping you from supporting the ultra-wealthy, as you keep saying you want to do.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will go right on, working our behinds off and paying our FAIR share in taxes. That way, everyone is happy and Boehner can go back to the golf course.

I'm betting your enjoying your Social Security and Medicare(or close to it) and have ZERO problem taking it away from the rest of us who aren't so close to enjoying it.

I'm betting your enjoying your Social Security and Medicare(or close to it) and have ZERO problem taking it away from the rest of us who aren't so close to enjoying it.

I'm sure you're correct although I do not begrudge him/her/it any Soc Security that he/she/it *earned.

* "earned", as in, entitled to what he/she/it contributed a fair and pre-decided amount.

The Federal Government doesn't have a revenue problem, it has a spending problem. Everyone knows this.

Actually, the only people who "know" that are the rw sheep who don't think for themselves and instead believe the pap they're spoon-fed by the GObP/pubs/bags.

This is a very effective Mad Ave trick - Accuse the other guy of doing what you're doing and the sheeps never catch on.

Really? Here you go:
Government Revenue Details: Federal State Local for 2011 - Charts

btw all you have to do is read a few of my posts in threads about foreign policy or national security and it's very clear to anyone I'm no "rw sheep"

I give luddly.neddite credit for being the only leftist with the balls to vote 'true' so far.

I'm sure you're correct although I do not begrudge him/her/it any Soc Security that he/she/it *earned.

* "earned", as in, entitled to what he/she/it contributed a fair and pre-decided amount.

Well, I am 46 years old and have been paying into the system since i was 14. There are many people my age and younger that have a lot invested in the system, and all I see is a bunch of greedy assholes that want to take it away from us. I have 13 years till I have 35 years with the Commonwealth of PA, and all I see is greedy assholes that want to take away the pension that I have worked VERY hard to accumulate(and also paid into fully).

I'll be 59 when I can retire from the State... My back has been surgically repaired twice due to being attacked at work by some of the people that I serve(Developmentally Disabled). I have been faithful, hardworking and honest as the day is long. I am the compassionate soul that you would want your Disabled brother/sister/son/daughter to work with.

But all I hear is how I am no better than a welfare recipient, that I suck on the tit of the taxpayer... fuck 'em all.... I don't hate them... but I think they are sad, sorry people that have nothing better to do than to blame others for their issues. Because it's a hell of a lot easier to put others down than to look in a god damned mirror. It's easier to worship the wealthy, even though a lot of them would sell their own mothers to make a profit, than it is to look at the bigger picture.

My sigline says it all... furthermore, what it doesn't say is this... America is a Consumer driven economy in which the vast majority of the consumers have gotten the shaft from the profiteers of this country. Our buying power is decreasing rapidly. We resorted to credit when times got tough, now we are paying that back and have even LESS to spend. Without disposable income, Demand dies.... and with that demand go the jobs.

Every working American should reject the "let them eat cake" Agenda from the right. because even if you aren't suffering now.... they'll be coming after your wages sooner or later. As soon as they can figure out how to make you "expendable", you will be.

Well, I am 46 years old and have been paying into the system since i was 14. There are many people my age and younger that have a lot invested in the system, and all I see is a bunch of greedy assholes that want to take it away from us. I have 13 years till I have 35 years with the Commonwealth of PA, and all I see is greedy assholes that want to take away the pension that I have worked VERY hard to accumulate(and also paid into fully).

I'll be 59 when I can retire from the State... My back has been surgically repaired twice due to being attacked at work by some of the people that I serve(Developmentally Disabled). I have been faithful, hardworking and honest as the day is long. I am the compassionate soul that you would want your Disabled brother/sister/son/daughter to work with.

But all I hear is how I am no better than a welfare recipient, that I suck on the tit of the taxpayer... fuck 'em all.... I don't hate them... but I think they are sad, sorry people that have nothing better to do than to blame others for their issues. Because it's a hell of a lot easier to put others down than to look in a god damned mirror. It's easier to worship the wealthy, even though a lot of them would sell their own mothers to make a profit, than it is to look at the bigger picture.

My sigline says it all... furthermore, what it doesn't say is this... America is a Consumer driven economy in which the vast majority of the consumers have gotten the shaft from the profiteers of this country. Our buying power is decreasing rapidly. We resorted to credit when times got tough, now we are paying that back and have even LESS to spend. Without disposable income, Demand dies.... and with that demand go the jobs.

Every working American should reject the "let them eat cake" Agenda from the right. because even if you aren't suffering now.... they'll be coming after your wages sooner or later. As soon as they can figure out how to make you "expendable", you will be.

You've nailed it exactly and worse, when people say "we don't have an income problem, we have a spending problem" they ignoring that the spending is at the expense of people like you and me.

Note to imbalance: I thought I said I would not vote for a poll that is so lopsided and fixed, AND, I'm not very good at keeping track of what other's on a forum believe.

Steelplate
they'll be coming after your wages sooner or later.
They can't say they didn't know.

Every time one of the pub/bag candidates or the already elected shills for the 1% opens his/her mouth, they say it again and again.

I think they should let all the tax cuts expire. Close all loop holes. No jobs are being created here. I know how nervous the business community is about employing more people as they state over and over on T.V.
I would be nervous to not to screw up making record bonuses and the greatest profits ever. We as a nation will never agree. Screw everyone, that is fair.

“There is no right or left they are all just puppets on the same fat rich man’s hands!” George Washington

I agree, do you mean the rich pay less % in taxes or overall less? If the middle class person paid 20% and a rich person paid 20% the rich person would be paying more...

Nope. class warfare is never the right thing to dew. It's a leftist thang though.

That's not true is it? Class warfare is fine and dandy when it's a One sided affair with your side attacking the poor and the Middle Class. When the poor and middle class fight back...then it's a bad thing.

Exactly. The creeps are fine moving 14,000 US factories overseas and making US manufacturing go from 28% of the economy to 12%, that's fine. Then when the folks can't buy as much in their stores, which is now 70% of the US economy, they whine and carry on.

Hint, paying China to manufacture goods, and then borrow $0.41 of every dollar spent (from China) is a sure way to bankruptcy. Wall Street needs to find a way to bring back US manufacturing, or the US will be Greece by 2030. Besides, those who OWN 99% of everything should pay more taxes than the workers scraping by.

I agree, do you mean the rich pay less % in taxes or overall less? If the middle class person paid 20% and a rich person paid 20% the rich person would be paying more...

I'm not sure I follow you but.... As far as I'm concerned targeting one to benefit another is nothing but devisive.

Nope. class warfare is never the right thing to dew. It's a leftist thang though.

That's not true is it? Class warfare is fine and dandy when it's a One sided affair with your side attacking the poor and the Middle Class. When the poor and middle class fight back...then it's a bad thing.

Exactly. The creeps are fine moving 14,000 US factories overseas and making US manufacturing go from 28% of the economy to 12%, that's fine. Then when the folks can't buy as much in their stores, which is now 70% of the US economy, they whine and carry on.

Hint, paying China to manufacture goods, and then borrow $0.41 of every dollar spent (from China) is a sure way to bankruptcy. Wall Street needs to find a way to bring back US manufacturing, or the US will be Greece by 2030. Besides, those who OWN 99% of everything should pay more taxes than the workers scraping by.

My services are 100% American as are my employees and customers. You sir can fuck off with your garbage talking points.

I'm not sure I follow you but.... As far as I'm concerned targeting one to benefit another is nothing but devisive.

Were the rates they paid before Bush divisive?

We are looking at massive debt since the Bush tax cuts with those cuts adding $2 trillion to our deficit. How is acknowledging you made a mistake divisive?

well.... In all honesty... I don't subscribe to the question... especially since the thread title was changed from "them pay more so I pay less". Because it isn't about me.

Lastly... Even with the title changed, I don't subscribe to it. I'm fine with paying what I pay. I don't even mind letting ALL the Bush cuts expire.... In fact, I WANT them all to expire.

What I don't want is our services cut. I want Welfare reformed so that the people who find themselves on those programs want to and are empowered to get off of them... but the business community has to do their part too... by providing good paying jobs for workers. I want SS to remain intact. I want Medicare replaced by a National Health Care system so that workers and Small Business doesn't have to worry about providing it for themselves/their employees. I want educational reform so that young people don't have to start their lives $100k or so in debt because they decided to get a meaningful education.

I want people who Contribute to Society to live in relative comfort.... no matter what they do in Society. Sure, demand plays a part... but there is no reason that a full time worker(even a janitor or ditch digger) has to live in abject poverty because "anyone can do it". Perhaps that's all that janitor or ditch digger can do... maybe he/she's not the brightest bulb in the box. Maybe their strength of their back is their only asset. I don't agree that they should be relegated to a 2nd class citizenship if they are contributing.

Your question. You asked if a rich person should be "taxed more" so that a middle class person can be "taxed less." What does that mean?

If a rich person is taxed 20% and a middle class person is taxed at 20% the rich person is taxed more money but at the same %. That by definition allows the middle class person to be taxed less actual dollar amount because the rich person paid more in actual dollar amount.

So are you asking if a rich person should be taxed a higher % than a middle class person's %?

The answer of course it to not spend as much because things like Wars, homeland security and welfare programs cost money, that money has to come from taxes… We are at a point where we can’t possibly tax our way out of the problem but we still run a yearly deficit of 1.6 Trillion… So you either cut, and cut big (that means military/wars) or you tax more. How else do you get the revenue?

Were the rates they paid before Bush divisive?

We are looking at massive debt since the Bush tax cuts with those cuts adding $2 trillion to our deficit. How is acknowledging you made a mistake divisive?

Tax cuts don't add to the deficit, spending does... Bush spent on wars and welfare programs, so has Obama, more in fact... You can't tax your way out of this, you have to cut.

You mean the way it has been for years now? Except in the opposite direction.

Forum List

Back